shape
carat
color
clarity

A question from "Down Under".....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lissy

Rough_Rock
G'day!
My fiance and I are looking at buying an HRD certified stone and we're interested to hear what people think...is it a good buy? Specs as follows:
1.05 ct
vvs1
E
6.65-6.67mm * 3.87mm
proportions very good
finish grade very good
no fluorescence
girdle medium 3.5% faceted
culet - pointed
table width 61%
cr height 12.5%
pav depth 42%Our jeweller is offering to sell it to us for AUS$18,750 (that's about US$9662). Obviously we are pretty happy with the colour and clarity but what about the cut? Any comments?Would love to hear from one and all!Lissy

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Apart from being almost a fish eye the proportions are quite good. If you tilt the stone a little you will see the reflection of the fairly thick girdle just inside the table.
If you would like to buy an Ideal-scope we can get you a proto type for US$10 (+P&P) by wednesday. Click on www.ideal-scope.com.
Sometimes HRD are a little softer than GIA, but the stone is still high colour and clarity.
The price is very fair for the Aussie B&M market.
Garry

Lissy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick response!I am a little concerned about the risk of a fish-eye but unfortunately (or fortunately?) the HRD certified stone is in a sealed plastic container with microchip etc (it all looks very official) - you can see through the plastic quite well with a lense but obviously it would be better to see it in the "flesh". I can't say I noticed anything but hey, I'm no expert!Do you think we would be better going for a bigger F stone with better proportions?Lissy

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Why not head over to Cut Nut's (Garry Holloway's) shop? Here is his site: www.preciousmetals.com.au (I hope I got that right)
smile.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Demand to see it.
It is a silly game they play.
They say stuff, but it is just a silly game and you can be the looser.
If you are a willing buyer and they are a willing seller then they will let you look at the stone.
People with GIA AGS EGL and everyone else seem to manage to keep the stoens and certs from getting mixed up.
Do not buy the story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results