shape
carat
color
clarity

A piece with a 125 year history

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and best wishes for a long happy marriage!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How exciting!!! Congrats!! I adore wide bands--very chic!

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The color gold and the condition of it is really amazing, especially for its age!! I really love it. Makes me want to go pull mom’s cigar band out!! :)
Congratulations and I hope he doesn’t make you wait too long!! Looks fab on your hand!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all! I am SO IMPATIENT for my partner to propose now haha. I just want to send the band to DK so I can WEAR IT FOREVER!!!!

Girl, I feel this on so many levels. I’ve been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years and I keep thinking it’ll be any day now! If I had a ring waiting for me, it would be far worse. I’d probably drive myself insane, which is why I treated myself to an early 40th birthday present that will hopefully be on its way to me soon from DK. It’ll scratch the bling itch for the time being.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
My partners mom brought the ring over today :) I think it would be within 1/4 of my ring size (maybe a 6.5 instead of 6.75-7), but it's super wide so I'll want it resized up about a size. It's a lovely rose gold hue and the metal is SO SHINY. I dont know how it's still so shiny after such a long time.

It definitely needs to be cleaned from sitting in a jewelery box for about a decade. The diamond is definitely reflecting some dirt/grime that I can see needs to be gently scrubbed.

I took pics and then reluctantly gave it to my partner so he can officially propose with it :)

Future MIL is looking for her parents wedding date as she cant remember the year. Once it's on my hand again I'll clean it and send to DK.

Soooooo happy!!!!

Edit: I decided I'm officially going to use it as my engagement ring. My Octavia can be a treasured RHR. But this ring is too precious not to have the most important spot on my hand:)

Just a thought. You might consider the Octavia as your engagement, then moving it to your right hand and using this as your wedding band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happy news! I am thrilled for you to have found a wonderful partner for life!
The ring is so special and meaningful and the wide gold band is lovely! I'd second the idea of setting the diamond lower, and I'd even consider setting it in a wg or platinum bezel which will show up nicely on the YG. I am not sure if I can find an example, but I've seen some before that I liked!

Here's one with a bezel but set really low (probably too low for your diamond) and the bezel is yg.

If you can ignore the shape of this band, it does have a white metal bezel which I think makes the diamond stand out more against the colored gold.

Anyway, hopefully you get the idea!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happy news! I am thrilled for you to have found a wonderful partner for life!
The ring is so special and meaningful and the wide gold band is lovely! I'd second the idea of setting the diamond lower, and I'd even consider setting it in a wg or platinum bezel which will show up nicely on the YG. I am not sure if I can find an example, but I've seen some before that I liked!

Here's one with a bezel but set really low (probably too low for your diamond) and the bezel is yg.

If you can ignore the shape of this band, it does have a white metal bezel which I think makes the diamond stand out more against the colored gold.

Anyway, hopefully you get the idea!

Thanks! I do love that idea, but I'm trying to make minimal changes. I would prefer a bezel/flush set, but I think that might be too big of a change to the current look. I'll definitely see if DK can set it lower though bc right now it feels soooo high.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
That is so special. Congratulations!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I do love that idea, but I'm trying to make minimal changes. I would prefer a bezel/flush set, but I think that might be too big of a change to the current look. I'll definitely see if DK can set it lower though bc right now it feels soooo high.

I understand completely but if it is the same ring and same diamond, maybe setting the diamond to your preference would be ok with both of you and his mother. Just a thought and I am happy for you no matter how you set the diamond!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand completely but if it is the same ring and same diamond, maybe setting the diamond to your preference would be ok with both of you and his mother. Just a thought and I am happy for you no matter how you set the diamond!

Good points. DK has the ring now and I asked him to lower the setting / head as part of making it easier and more secure to wear. I'm probably being silly, but I just want to keep it as much the same as I can. It feels like such a sentimental piece that I want it to be as "original" to how I got it as possible.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good points. DK has the ring now and I asked him to lower the setting / head as part of making it easier and more secure to wear. I'm probably being silly, but I just want to keep it as much the same as I can. It feels like such a sentimental piece that I want it to be as "original" to how I got it as possible.

Now that I have seen your other gorgeous ring, I changed my mind - lol! The Octavia is set rather low so this one in prongs of some sort gives you variety and keeps the original vibe of the ring. Good call!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Your ring looks beautiful and right at home on your hand :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK has safely re-sized the ring and we are now waiting for changes to the head (lowering and making it more secure) and engraving. I am trying my hardest not to email him every day asking 'IS IT READY YET???'. So far I've been sucessful, but man it's hard haha

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's done and shipped! Should be here friday (I hope!)

I love how DK lowered the head and made it attach more securely, and the engraving is lovely :)

DKPV2021___05__18____Katherine____Katherine-5.jpg DKPV2021___05__18____Katherine____Katherine-2.jpg DKPV2021___05__18____Katherine____Katherine.jpg DKPV2021___05__18____Katherine____Katherine-4.jpg DKPV2021___05__18____Katherine____Katherine-3.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hooray, and can't wait to see you model it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's hoping for hand shots on Friday! It looks beautiful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came early and I am over the moon

The stone is just so WHITE, even in direct sun. My guess is because its cut more like a 60/60 than a true ideal cut. Not something I'd choose for myself, but it makes the ring feel even more special knowing the diamond was chosen for my fiance's grandmother such a long time ago (when I think brighter/whiter stones were considered 'ideal').

Edit. The last pic in the album is a video:)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

The stone is just so WHITE, even in direct sun. My guess is because its cut more like a 60/60 than a true ideal cut. Not something I'd choose for myself, but it makes the ring feel even more special knowing the diamond was chosen for my fiance's grandmother such a long time ago (when I think brighter/whiter stones were considered 'ideal').

It's bold and beautiful with it's sparkle and bright shine. It looks perfect on you, too. Wear it, and add to that longstanding love energy:love:

Me, being me, I also thought to myself, 'I'll be damned, but it looks like she's got a tiny camel by that shadow.'
Then, dog butt!
':lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's bold and beautiful with it's sparkle and bright shine. It looks perfect on you, too. Wear it, and add to that longstanding love energy:love:

Me, being me, I also thought to myself, 'I'll be damned, but it looks like she's got a tiny camel by that shadow.'
Then, dog butt!
':lol:

Hahahahaha about the tiny camel. That is Bones, an ENORMOUS great dane we are fostering. He is basically a camel lol

Edit. Pic of Bones
Resized_20230415_171351.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's so beautiful on you, lovedogs! Wear it in much happiness!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hahahahaha about the tiny camel. That is Bones, an ENORMOUS great dane we are fostering. He is basically a camel lol

Edit. Pic of Bones
Resized_20230415_171351.jpeg

You tell Bones he's a handsome lad, so he is.
My BFF has two, and I always joke that is entirely too many Danes!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg what a feel-good thread.:kiss2: congrats to you and your partner, and thanks for giving Bones a good temp home :mrgreen2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you! I noticed the whiteness of the diamond right away and I surely don't think that is a bad thing! Wear it in health and happiness; such a great story!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That is so beautiful and what sentiment value it has!

I love a wide gold band and this one looks perfect on you. And that diamond is beautiful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @lovedogs! I love it!

This is such a wonderful, happy thing. ::)::)::)::)::)::) Yaaay!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @lovedogs!!! Your ring looks beautiful on you! I love the engraving. So happy for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results