shape
carat
color
clarity

A Perfect 5-Stone Trellis Design from Whiteflash

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had my first 5-stone ring custom made by Whiteflash (thrilled with purchase and love, love this ring). It is a custom-made U-prong with 2.034 ctw ACA diamonds of G/H color and eye-clean SI1 clarity. The 40'ish-pt diamonds provide perfectly full finger coverage for my 5.75 size left ring finger. This year, I decided to get a second 5-stone ring for my right ring finger of 6.25 size. This time, the larger finger size allowed me to venture into 50-pt land. Again, Whiteflash delivered and made me a perfect Trellis. I am much grateful to Traci, Chris, Vera, Debbie, Joseph, Leon, and the entire WF staff for giving me such a drop-dead gorgeous and very, very graceful looking ring. More importantly, the customer service is unsurpassed, which explains why I keep going back to Whiteflash for more diamond jewelry purchase.

Now, let me introduce my Trellis ring with 2.58ctw F (1 G) color ACA stones and platinum setting.

Trllis 1001.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
more, more! :love:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Trellis and U-prong

Trellis & U-Prong.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
a five-stone for my right hand in on my list for an anniversary.

you've answered the question i've always had: u-prong or trellis?

i know what i want now: trellis!

congrats on your beautiful new ring :appl: :appl: :appl:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1292878139|2801989 said:
a five-stone for my right hand in on my list for an anniversary.

you've answered the question i've always had: u-prong or trellis?

i know what i want now: trellis!

congrats on your beautiful new ring :appl: :appl: :appl:

Caution! Not all Trellis are created equal. There are many versions of Trellis design. For example, my trial Trellis is a chunkier version which is similar to my U-prong and BGD's Trellis. Examine closely these photos of my trial Trellis and U-prong for the differences. If you like my new Trellis, contact Traci or Vera at Whiteflash and ask for my Trellis, so as to get the correct design version.

Old Trellis 1.jpg

Old Trellis 2.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Wow FancyDiamond! Those are two awesome 5-stones!!! I love them both! :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new 5 stone...as well as your old one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Luv 'em both!

cheers--Sharon

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love, love, love it!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Very, very pretty and graceful. A bit of the :mrgreen: eyed monster over here!

Congrats, it is LOVELY :love:

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning trellis ring.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! I love both rings, but I'm especially partial to the trellis design!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them both but I like the trellis best.

Lucky lady :!:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved a beautiful delicate trellis.
congrats - lovely band.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That's a lot of bling. I'm glad you posted the difference between the two. The trellis is kinda swoopy and the U prong looks more modern. They are both so pretty.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :bigsmile:

Thanks especially for sharing those comparison photos - I am in the very early stages of planning a 5stone w/ ~40pointers for my mum, and those pictures are so helpful!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
As I told you in another thread, I'm drooling over your 50 pointers band... :love: :love: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Both are so gorgeous.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
How lovely! Such a beautiful design! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's really spectacular that you now have two!

We missed you at the Whiteflash dinner last October. I was looking forward to meeting the woman with all that fantastic bling!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1292944611|2802783 said:
Wow! It's really spectacular that you now have two!

We missed you at the Whiteflash dinner last October. I was looking forward to meeting the woman with all that fantastic bling!

Yes, I am sorry that I missed the Whiteflash dinner and also meeting sophisticated ladies like yourself. You yourself have quite an awesome collection. I am just starting to build mine. We could have played with each other's jewelry box.

I guess I am fortunate to own two gorgeous 5-stone rings.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sandyandissac, tyty333, canukgal, Amy Blink, angeline, Effe, vespergirl, bright ice, bebe, Gothgirl, lknvrb4, Tuckins - Thanks for your compliment. Glad you also kike Trllis.

rosetta, looking forward to your reveal thread of your right-hand, 5-stone Trellis.
Yssi, You are a dream daughter that we all wish to have. What a lucky lady your mother is. Can't wait to see her hand shots.
purplesilk - Perhaps a Trellis 5-stone ring with 50 pts diamonds soon? :Up_to_something:

I hope I have provided enough information and photos for those interested in getting a 5-stone ring. The setting style, stone size, and all other fine details are questions that I had and tried to search for answers. Hopefully, my experince would shorten your search.

Other interesting findings from my expereince: Setting diamonds higher definitely makes the stones appear larger. Wider band will help reduce spinning for ladies who have large knuckles and thin finger bottom area. For diamond size 50-pts and below, there is not much observable difference between F and H colors. I tried hard to look for any difference in color between the F stones in my Trellis and the G/H stones in my U-prong. Honestly, I am not sure if I can see any difference. Lastly, the size difference up to 0.06ct is not noticeable. For example, stones ranging from 0.50ct to 0.56ct appear almost identical, and can be used for uniform 5-stone rings.

Better photos. No more chapped hands.

Trellis 002.jpg

Trellis 003.jpg

Trellis 004.jpg

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! love the trellis :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the extra photos fancydiamond!

my five-stone will be a long term project, i have the small matter of a wedding to get through this summer!

i'm also notoriously bad at starting SMTB threads, i still haven't got one up for the ring in my avatar :oops:

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, fancydiamond, for sharing.
This Trellis design is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!
I am a proud owner of a 5-stone ring in this Trellis design too!
My ring was finished earlier -- near a month ago.
But I have not got chance to share it here at SMTR.
Actually due to my crazy busy work, I have not visited here for long time.
I have another pendant/necklace project finished in Summmer by whiteflash.
I promise I will share them with you soon.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Gorgeous ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results