carat
color
clarity

A Perfect 5-Stone Trellis Design from Whiteflash

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
They are both beautiful! :D

I have some question:

Does the Trellis curve more for your finger? It appears so on the photos to wrap around your finger more than the U prong.
Also, does it sit lower than the U prong setting?

Thanks.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
that's just GORGEOUS

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diva rose|1293096345|2804490 said:

I have some question:

Does the Trellis curve more for your finger? It appears so on the photos to wrap around your finger more than the U prong.

Thanks.

Yes, My Trellis curve more than my U-prong due to two reasons:
1. the design itself (main reason) - Trellis curves out wide while U shape curves upwards, and
2. the stones in Trellis are 50+pts vs 40+pts in U-prong, so more finger coverage and more wrap around finger.

However, the MOST IMORTANT point is that both rings FEEL COMFOTABLE. I do not feel any metal or diamonds in the way (i.e., between fingers). For the Trellis, I specially requested to have the stones set high (higher than the old version). I do notice the stones appear larger with the higher set new Trellis. Although stones are higher set, the ring still has the correct balance/proportion overall.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! Actually, I love both of them!

I have a three stone trellis setting from WF and they were great to work with. I love the swoopy prongs and your trellis is so, so pretty. :love:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diva rose|1293096345|2804490 said:

Sorry, forgot to answer your last question.

No, myTrellis does not sit lower than my U-prong. Both rings are about the same height. I guess the height is dictated by how high the stones are set. The diamonds in my U-prong are set high such that I can see the cutlets (a feature that I like). Therefore, for the Trellis, I specifically requested higher set diamonds. Due to the setting height, the ends of the U's and Trellis curves are higher.

Again, although the stones are set high (just enough so I can see the cutlets and diamonds appear bigger), the ring is well balanced and comfortable to wear- not in the way of anything.

For comparison, if you examine the BGD version, you will notice that the stones are set low and that the ring sits low and hug around your finger more.

Hope my answer/explanation helps.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
FancyDiamond|1293113152|2804579 said:
Sorry, forgot to answer your last question.

No, myTrellis does not sit lower than my U-prong. Both rings are about the same height. I guess the height is dictated by how high the stones are set. The diamonds in my U-prong are set high such that I can see the cutlets (a feature that I like). Therefore, for the Trellis, I specifically requested higher set diamonds. Due to the setting height, the ends of the U's and Trellis curves are higher.

Again, although the stones are set high (just enough so I can see the cutlets and diamonds appear bigger), the ring is well balanced and comfortable to wear- not in the way of anything.

For comparison, if you examine the BGD version, you will notice that the stones are set low and that the ring sits low and hug around your finger more.

Hope my answer/explanation helps.

Thank you so much for the info. It helps a lot.

Now time for me to start saving! I love both on your fingers - so not sure which design I will go with. :)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I love both of your rings, but the trellis setting makes my heart stop! It is definitely my favorite five-stone setting I've seen. It looks fabulous on you!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Both your rings are gorgeous! I have long been plotting a 3 stone trellis but after seeing your 5 stone...... :love:

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dear FancyDiamond
Thank you so much for your very kind words. Your collection is truly stunning and it was a real treat to get to assist you with each project. I am so happy that you are pleased with your lovely 5-stone trellis ring.

May you always wear it in good health and for many long and happy years.

All the best to you in the New Year!!

Warmest regards,
Vera

zaq12

Rough_Rock
these are gorgeous, do you wear them both at the same time? I do eventually want a 5-stone (maybe for a big anniversary) and i love both these styles.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, thanks you so much for sharing...especially the side by side views....i'm starting a 5 stone project right now and trying to figure out trellis or Uprong and 40 or 45 pointers (i dont think I can afford to jump to 50 right now---but maybe some day!!!) I LOVE YOUR RINGS!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!! Your collection is stunning :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW - How ever did I manage to miss this thread???? Both your rings are beautiful FancyDiamond!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

But I do have a soft spot for the trellis design - I love the 'swoop' of the setting and as you say, how it wraps around your finger more than the U prong. Beautiful, just beautiful :appl:

The new trellis is a gorgeous ring and both together look amazing - I'd want to be wearing them together just so I could blind MYSELF with all that bling!!!

canadagirl

Rough_Rock
Just joined this site recently and this is my first post. Wow - both the bands are gorgeous - so much so that I contacted Whiteflash and am considering the trellis setting for a 2 ctw band to go with my 2.55 solitaire! I've been looking for a 5 stone band for a while - many thanks for both the design and the inspiration!!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
canadagirl|1369952329|3456569 said:
Just joined this site recently and this is my first post. Wow - both the bands are gorgeous - so much so that I contacted Whiteflash and am considering the trellis setting for a 2 ctw band to go with my 2.55 solitaire! I've been looking for a 5 stone band for a while - many thanks for both the design and the inspiration!!

It is a good feeling to know that my thread/ring inspired someone to buy the same. I feel very flattered and honored. Don't forget to post pictures when you get your beautiful ring.

I love my Trellis ring a lot. Whenever there is an occasion for extra bling, I always wear this RHR. Always got lots of compliments and admiring looks. Never fails.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are gorgeous. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats,that is a honking 5 stone ring :!: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results