shape
carat
color
clarity

A new project and the garnet and tourmaline on the way for it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m completely switching the idea of stackers for these two stones to a swoopy bypass setting that has both stones in one bypass ring. This swoopy thing kinda looks like a football. I know, cheesy, but it looks really pretty and would incorporate both stones into one setting. I''d have the stones still tube/bezel set.

What do you think?

daniellejewelrystyle.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Cool...and pretty
2.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ma re!

Something kinda like the top drawing in this picture. NOT the bottom one.

designsforthering.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I really like the top drawing. I think that''ll look very nice.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yes to the top drawing. A much better idea IMHO. The ring will stay put much better when wearing, and I love the swoopy bypass look.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I really like that top drawing and that it resembles a football! Very cool!
9.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Any decision on the choice of metal?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
kismet, flygirl, brandy - thanks! you guys are helping me make the decision to go with this design. I''m actually quite pleased about it.

ma re - I have the option of a couple of different etsy designers. But right now, I am leaning toward a guy that can do: sterling silver, Argentium silver (tarnishes less/more slowly), 14k gold, and 18k gold. His prices are really great as he is trying to do a few pieces for a low price in order to establish himself and his etsy store. The work he has up is sometimes a little more organic looking than how my piece would finish out. I am intriqued by his communications and ideas.

There are other etsy folks that I''ve emailed with, but I don''t have as much information from them about doing the project, so I''m kind of in a wait and see mode. I know you had ideas about doing the bezels in one color and the shank in another. What do you think about that idea for this ring? I haven''t asked him about that.

OK, I''m off to send him another convo...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:43:33 AM
Author: cinnamon013
kismet, flygirl, brandy - thanks! you guys are helping me make the decision to go with this design. I''m actually quite pleased about it.

ma re - I have the option of a couple of different etsy designers. But right now, I am leaning toward a guy that can do: sterling silver, Argentium silver (tarnishes less/more slowly), 14k gold, and 18k gold. His prices are really great as he is trying to do a few pieces for a low price in order to establish himself and his etsy store. The work he has up is sometimes a little more organic looking than how my piece would finish out. I am intriqued by his communications and ideas.

There are other etsy folks that I''ve emailed with, but I don''t have as much information from them about doing the project, so I''m kind of in a wait and see mode. I know you had ideas about doing the bezels in one color and the shank in another. What do you think about that idea for this ring? I haven''t asked him about that.

OK, I''m off to send him another convo...
That was back when I thought you''ll go with two separate rings and that you''re on a very tight budget. But if gold is an option (especially green) I''d go for it. If you can only choose between 14k and 18k yellow, I''d go with 14k cause it''s lighter in shade, and 18k might be too close to one of the colors (you can guess which one
2.gif
) instead of connecting the two.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the project and would go 18k gold. i''ve never been unhappy with anything in 18k gold.......but have definitely been unhappy with 14k.

mz

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
ma re and movie zombie,
I like the 18k myself. For years, I wore a platinum and 18k gold traditional wedding band and like the combination of metals. On my right hand, I currently wear a 18k gold thin band stacked with a channel set eternity band.

His prices are really good, that is why I can consider it. I think he is doing it mostly for the exposure. My DH prefers white metals these days, even though he wears the plat/18k yellow gold wedding band every day. That''s why I am considering the yellow gold cups and the white gold shank - because DH likes it.

Oh...if my etsy seller would answer all my questions then I can decide! I think he is an engineer by day and etsy seller by hobby, so I''m sure my pestering emails are not the highlight of his day!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
cinnamon- I am sure you are not pestering! You''re just a pser
9.gif
I really like that top design, though. I would definitely go with white gold myself. It seems to me that would keep the focus on your dolphins colors
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It is ordered!! We agreed to 18k yellow gold and once he gets the stones, if he thinks differently, we''ll talk about it then. BTW, if this works out, this could be a really good seller for unique pieces. He is soooooo nice.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
YEAH! I am so excited! Pal at pmgart on etsy received my stones today! He agreed that the 18k yellow gold will look smashing and will start the project soon! I can''t wait to see it! He will be making the top drawing above, and I''m pleased to figure out a way to incorporate both stones into one ring.

30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a GREAT choice. I too like the top drawing. While I really really like white metals I''ve noticed that none of my RHR are in white...but sometimes you havfta go with what the stone looks best in.

If your husband really wants you to have a white ring then another stone is in order.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 10:16:59 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Sounds like a GREAT choice. I too like the top drawing. While I really really like white metals I''ve noticed that none of my RHR are in white...but sometimes you havfta go with what the stone looks best in.

If your husband really wants you to have a white ring then another stone is in order.
Enabler...I like you!
31.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Do you all think 16mm finger coverage is too big for my small hands? I''m talking about 16mm on the hand to fingernail way.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my 11mm ring. Would 16mm really be all that much more?

tn_IMG_09392.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes 5mm is almost 50% more. But that''s OK if you are comfortable wearing it. I think it will look fine.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It would be 5mm more one way, but not all ways. However, yes, that would be almost 50% more in length. He is working on slanting the stones a bit more than the wax I saw so it should reduce the mm overall. Thanks, Stone Hunter! 50% increase is too much. BUT, it is coming along nicely! I have photos of it along the way and a narrative from him, so it should be quite interesting to post once he is done.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
RING IS DONE!!! I have been wearing it for a few days and it is really cool. I will try and get some pics of it by the weekend and post them.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 8:52:00 PM
Author: cinnamon013
RING IS DONE!!! I have been wearing it for a few days and it is really cool. I will try and get some pics of it by the weekend and post them.

go go go!
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright! Pictures!
18.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOU LIVE IN COLORADO AND YOU HAVE SEASON TICKETS FOR THE MIAMI DOLPHINS?????

I think this ring will be perfect for you! Can't wait to see the pics!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 2:20:05 AM
Author: VRBeauty
YOU LIVE IN COLORADO AND YOU HAVE SEASON TICKETS FOR THE MIAMI DOLPHINS?????

I think this ring will be perfect for you! Can''t wait to see the pics!
I know - call me crazy!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Awww, darn - I was hoping there''d be pics this morning. Looking forward to seeing your ring, cinnamon!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep me too, thought you had the ring finished
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay...taps foot...where are the promised pictures?
38.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results