shape
carat
color
clarity

A new project and the garnet and tourmaline on the way for it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
out of focus, but shows the colors

tn_IMG_0829.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
last one

tn_IMG_0817.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think?

The tourmaline says Mozambique and the garnet says Nigerian.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
those are such vibrant stones,,, They look absolutely gorgeous.. cant wait to see your final project!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just LOVE the colors. Great photos, thanks. Could you take a photo with the stones on the top of your hand? That way we could see the size better and it might darken the teal stone. So it''d look more like it will when set.

Congrats on your cool purchase!!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 4:39:01 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

I just LOVE the colors. Great photos, thanks. Could you take a photo with the stones on the top of your hand? That way we could see the size better and it might darken the teal stone. So it''d look more like it will when set.

Congrats on your cool purchase!!!
oh, I better put lotion on first....

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shots. ICK. I hate my stubby little hands. Can''t believe I''m posting this...

Aquaandorangeonthehand.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

What a fun project! The stones are AWESOME!!!

30.gif

I''ve ordered three pillbox stackers from Sally and have one in hand...the white topaz. The pink tourmaline and peridot should be here any day now.

I would also recommend onegarnetgirl, also on Etsy. She''s done lots of stackers for me and she works in silver and all colors of gold. She will accept your gemstones and set the for you and I trust her completely.

Lori

P.S. Go Texans!

pillboxset5.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a larger photo.

Lori

pillboxset6.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 6:13:18 PM
Author: loriken214
Here''s a larger photo.

Lori
Lori, those are awesome! I think that''s what I''d like to do with these. Be sure to post the photos when you get them in. Did you get them all done in sterling silver?

WHERE is MORE photos of the white topaz??

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
D&T and Stonehunter and Lori,
Thanks for the compliments!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 6:10:34 PM

30.gif

I''ve ordered three pillbox stackers from Sally and have one in hand...the white topaz. The pink tourmaline and peridot should be here any day now.

I would also recommend onegarnetgirl, also on Etsy. She''s done lots of stackers for me and she works in silver and all colors of gold. She will accept your gemstones and set the for you and I trust her completely.

Lori

P.S. Go Texans!

I have emailed onegarnetgirl but she has been at a conference and seems really busy. She hasn''t given me a quote yet. I''m leaning toward Sally for this project to keep those open pillbox designs so light will shine in.

AND, I just noticed you are a Texans fan! hehehe. We play you again this year in Miami on Dec 27. I remember last year''s game. I was painting my daughters room and couldn''t really see the TV. BUT, I could hear my husband yelling 2 floors up. It was like listening to the radio and hearing one UNHAPPY Fan somewhere near the announcers. The dog was freaked out because he didn''t like the yelling and couldn''t come in with me because I was afraid he''d be covered in paint.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 6:17:16 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Here''s a larger photo.

Lori
Lori, those are awesome! I think that''s what I''d like to do with these. Be sure to post the photos when you get them in. Did you get them all done in sterling silver?

Yes, they are all set in sterling silver. I''ll post a photo of the white topaz ring and earring set...it''s a crappy photo, but the only one I have at the moment. The earrings are just as amazing as the ring....
30.gif

Lori

pillboxset8.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 6:25:49 PM

Date: 4/27/2009 6:17:16 PM

Here''s a larger photo.

Lori

Yes, they are all set in sterling silver. I''ll post a photo of the white topaz ring and earring set...it''s a crappy photo, but the only one I have at the moment. The earrings are just as amazing as the ring....
30.gif

Lori
Ack! I want more photos!

And boo - now you''ve got me wanting a pair of earrings!
37.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is Sally''s photo of the earrings.

Lori

pillboxwter.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Sally''s photo of the white topaz ring.

Lori

pillboxwtring.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
One more...this thing sparkles like mad!
9.gif

Lori

pillboxwtring2.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lori, those are lovely photos. Thanks so much for posting all of them.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
well.. I must admit that those are two gorgeous stones, even if their combination is a bit objectionable
9.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 7:46:50 PM
Author: icekid
well.. I must admit that those are two gorgeous stones, even if their combination is a bit objectionable
9.gif
Thanks icekid. Now let''s see you with some Bills colors!
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 6:22:32 PM

Date: 4/27/2009 6:10:34 PM

30.gif

Lori

P.S. Go Texans!

I have emailed onegarnetgirl but she has been at a conference and seems really busy. She hasn''t given me a quote yet. I''m leaning toward Sally for this project to keep those open pillbox designs so light will shine in.

AND, I just noticed you are a Texans fan! hehehe. We play you again this year in Miami on Dec 27. I remember last year''s game. I was painting my daughters room and couldn''t really see the TV. BUT, I could hear my husband yelling 2 floors up. It was like listening to the radio and hearing one UNHAPPY Fan somewhere near the announcers. The dog was freaked out because he didn''t like the yelling and couldn''t come in with me because I was afraid he''d be covered in paint.
Yes, Maddy has been at a conference, but she''ll do her best for you. I have lots of her sterling silver stacking rings and they are all AWESOME with lots of color shining through.

You betcha, we love football at the White House and the Texans are IT for us! We were die hard Oiler fans until they were taken away from us....we did the LUV YA BLUE thing even when the Oilers were losing. Maybe I should do a Texans theme ring....RED, WHITE AND BLUE.....COOL!
9.gif

Lori

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 9:43:15 PM

Yes, Maddy has been at a conference, but she''ll do her best for you. I have lots of her sterling silver stacking rings and they are all AWESOME with lots of color shining through.

You betcha, we love football at the White House and the Texans are IT for us! We were die hard Oiler fans until they were taken away from us....we did the LUV YA BLUE thing even when the Oilers were losing. Maybe I should do a Texans theme ring....RED, WHITE AND BLUE.....COOL!
9.gif

Lori
Ok, what stones would that be?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 11:27:05 PM

Date: 4/27/2009 9:43:15 PM

9.gif

Lori
Ok, what stones would that be?
Good question....let me think on it....now, I''ve got a new project to contemplate.....YAY!
31.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Lori,
Sorry to be an enabler...hehehe

I heard from Maddy and she gave me a great quote. Now since you have some of her work and Sally''s, can I ask a few questions? Sally''s bezels seem very even. From the photos (maybe it''s because they are so enlarged?), Maddy''s bezels seem to be a little more uneven. What''s your input about this?

And completely separately, my DH liked the teal tourmaline very much. I held it up to a Dolphins polo he was wearing (yes-his WHOLE casual closet is Dolphins stuff), and it is perfect. It is the garnet he doesn''t like as much. I however think it works great. It was also very affordable from Barry so I''m not about to search for another one. The question is - do you think that Sally''s pillbox settings will allow the light in and keep them light and bright? Versus the full bezel from Maddy that *might* darken them a bit? I tried to cup my hands around both of them. It doesn''t seem like the teal one changes. Really, it doesn''t seem like the orange one does either, but it is so hard to tell.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
bump

I am still torn about this project and now have Maddy (onegarnetgirl) in my mind to do this. For now, I think I''ve decided that I just can''t send the stones to Thailand.

Lori - have you seen my questions about the full bezel and how you think it darkens the stones?

This is what Maddy had to say -
I don''t think bezels darken stones, but they definitely do cut off light coming from the outside of the girdle as well as the pavillion.

I''m sorry for being so wishy-washy!

Anyone who has bezels from Maddy - can you post photos and give your input about how you think the bezel stacker might affect my stones?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m here now.....as far as Maddy''s bezels, I love every one that I''ve purchased from her! I have every color in the rainbow and they ALL show up clear and bright....I have NO complaints whatsoever. Maddy sets each and every stone by hand and takes pride in the handmade look rather than the perfect "1 of a 1000" look. ALL of my rings look really pretty and there are no funky bezels.
9.gif

My two pillbox rings from Sally aren''t here yet and I just emailed her to ask if I should be worried now. The first few orders came within the 14 day window, but this order is taking much longer. I just don''t think I will trust sending my stones over to her...but, I will ask her to make some settings for me once I figure out which stones/settings to match up.

I''ve been fussed at for not posting photos of my collection and I''m doing the best that I can. My camera phone isn''t worth the time/effort since the photos are blurry. The digi camera is a work in progress at the moment.
32.gif

Best of luck with your decision!

Lori

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lori thanks so much for your input.

I hope your two rings arrive from Sally soon.

It's so good to hear that you really like all of your rings from Maddy. Are the stones some that you sent her and/or stones she had?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
You''re very welcome!!!

Sally says we''re still within the shipping time and not to worry.

I''ve sent several of my stones to Maddy and she''s done a fabulous job with them. I had them set in the silver bezeled rings like the ones she makes. In fact, she has one of my merelani garnets right now and she''s going to set it in green gold for me.

Lori

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2009 1:41:48 AM
You''re very welcome!!!

Sally says we''re still within the shipping time and not to worry.

I''ve sent several of my stones to Maddy and she''s done a fabulous job with them. I had them set in the silver bezeled rings like the ones she makes. In fact, she has one of my merelani garnets right now and she''s going to set it in green gold for me.

Lori
YUM to green gold. How do you think my gems would look in green gold or rose gold?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Cinnamon, if I may chime in, I don''t think a teal colored stone would look nice in rose gold as the two colors have nothing in common. Green gold (i.e. yellow with a bit of a green tinge) is a much better idea - it''s got the yellow from orange and green from the teal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results