shape
carat
color
clarity

a new photo thread idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Post pictures of your branded pieces i.e. those with a generally recognizable signature (names most people have heard of). Pieces containing colored stones, of course
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what you mean, therefore, I probably don''t have any either..

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
He means, Cartier, Harry Winston, etc. In my humble opinion, overpriced designer jewelry.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Hm, the two that stick out in my mind are Dreamgirl''s Tiffany amethyst and goldfish''s Bulgari sapphire ring.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t play!
15.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:56:35 PM
Author: shaunrice
He means, Cartier, Harry Winston, etc. In my humble opinion, overpriced designer jewelry.

Oh, thanks Shaun.. I guess I can''t play!
15.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a dinky (apparently) Elsa Peretti tsavorite stacking band. It's only 2.5mm thick, with the stone being even smaller and some people think it's not substantive enough to even be purchased.

I should mention it's also my favorite piece of jewelry behind my ering.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Freke, those aren''t dinky, I think that they''re delicate and lovely. But I prefer thin bands in general. I haven''t seen the tsav one IRL, how''s the color?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring Freke! I seriously want to get one myself.

I can''t play either
7.gif
The only branded piece I have is a plain silver Tiff ring

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
don''t be sad. you can get much finer quality stones elsewhere, and put them in a ring you dream up, have it casted, set etc at a price far less, and have a piece of jewelry of superior quality. I have always gone that route and have had designers in London, Rome, and Beverly Hills compliment my pieces at every visit.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, while I put my nicer gemstones in good settings, none are branded.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, would Jostens count as a well known brand? I could dig out my high school class ring for you all to enjoy.
21.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is Leon Mege a brand? He does add his own hallmark to his pieces.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t play either. Rats.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooo!!!! I have a Josten''s class ring too!!!! (And a couple other local jewelers you guys wouldn''t have heard of.)

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the pics, Freke. I really like the simplicity of it, I think that it makes it a very versatile piece. Don''t mind the disparaging comments, some people just don''t understand the allure of the blue box. Personally, I love the design of their silver pieces.

BEG, I only have a plain silver Tiff ring too. My ex got it for me and unfortunately it''s the wrong size. I was told that style of ring can''t be resized so I don''t get as much wear out of it as I''d like.
7.gif

Heh, I have two Josten''s rings. Are those real stones or synthetic? Mine are amethyst and blue spinel. I wish I had known Pricescope back then. Do you guys still wear yours?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:02:46 AM
Author: Honey228
Thanks for the pics, Freke. I really like the simplicity of it, I think that it makes it a very versatile piece. Don''t mind the disparaging comments, some people just don''t understand the allure of the blue box. Personally, I love the design of their silver pieces.

BEG, I only have a plain silver Tiff ring too. My ex got it for me and unfortunately it''s the wrong size. I was told that style of ring can''t be resized so I don''t get as much wear out of it as I''d like.
7.gif

Heh, I have two Josten''s rings. Are those real stones or synthetic? Mine are amethyst and blue spinel. I wish I had known Pricescope back then. Do you guys still wear yours?

Aw that''s too bad Honey! I don''t wear mine that much either - it''s a tad big. But I still love it!

And I have a Josten''s too! I can''t remember if the aqua is real or not - I think it is (can''t say anything about quality though
3.gif
).

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have a Josten ring as well, there is no way anything in that ring is real. I had a sapphire in that ring, and now I have a sapphire RHR. I guess my tastes are pretty constant though the years.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:02:46 AM
Author: Honey228
Thanks for the pics, Freke. I really like the simplicity of it, I think that it makes it a very versatile piece. Don't mind the disparaging comments, some people just don't understand the allure of the blue box. Personally, I love the design of their silver pieces.
Well the person who was making not very nice comments is a HUGE Tiffany fan, but is not a fan of the Elsa Peretti stacking bands, and has said so on other threads. I know that I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere (and I have), so I'm actually not a Tiffany fan at all. If I'm thinking high end I'll pick Harry Winston, Graff or Cartier before Tiffany even gets brought to the table. I just fell in love with the ring design itself, even with the little bitty not great colored tsavorite, that's all.

Really, I could have gotten a very similar ring made for around half of what FI paid for the Tiffany. Was it worth it? Yes and no. I love the ring. When I love something I buy it (my shoe closet comes to mind) depending, of course, on if I can afford it. I figured it will be my only Tiffany piece. So that made it worth it. Was it worth it because of the actual cost of the materials? No, and far from it. Was it worth it for the name stamped on the inside of the band and the fact that it came in a blue box? No way.

But you aren't going to catch me going around making comments about jewelry that someone else on the forum may have and love. And I'm not going to go around talking about Tiffany having an inferior product (like some debates have come to), however I will say that I like getting more for my money elsewhere, and that a name is not worth that extra cost to me...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:58:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Is Leon Mege a brand? He does add his own hallmark to his pieces.
Well I''m not sure and I was thinking more about really well known brands (Tiffany, Cartier, VC&A, Graff, Harry Winston, Verdura...). Wow, I expected more from you ladies
1.gif
I was hoping to compare the quality of stones found in even the less expensive "branded" items to something found in regular stores. Urban legend is that they''re more selective about their gemstones than your regular, around the corner, jeweller.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Do old pieces count? Bought these cartier pieces about 15-18 yrs ago, in yg, rubies/diamonds. I hope the pics come out okay, I''m not too good at it.

rubycartier.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
A bit blurry, will try another.....

cartierruby 002.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
One more with matching earrings..........

caru12340.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Megeve, those are very nice! Of course, old pieces do count. Those rubies seem to have a degree of translucency, unlike cabs one can see most often, which are usually opaque. They''re also a nice size for rubies and all that being matched makes it even more elegant. Craftmanship seems like everything one would expect from Cartier.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, ma re
1.gif
They certainly do have top quality jewellery. I have never had any problem with them or other pieces. I even put them in US for cleaning and the pave stones came out just fine.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Those are very lovely.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I can join the Josten''s crowd but that''s about it.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results