shape
carat
color
clarity

a new photo thread idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:07:35 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 2/20/2009 1:02:46 AM

Author: Honey228

Thanks for the pics, Freke. I really like the simplicity of it, I think that it makes it a very versatile piece. Don''t mind the disparaging comments, some people just don''t understand the allure of the blue box. Personally, I love the design of their silver pieces.

Well the person who was making not very nice comments is a HUGE Tiffany fan, but is not a fan of the Elsa Peretti stacking bands, and has said so on other threads. I know that I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere (and I have), so I''m actually not a Tiffany fan at all. If I''m thinking high end I''ll pick Harry Winston, Graff or Cartier before Tiffany even gets brought to the table. I just fell in love with the ring design itself, even with the little bitty not great colored tsavorite, that''s all.

Really, I could have gotten a very similar ring made for around half of what FI paid for the Tiffany. Was it worth it? Yes and no. I love the ring. When I love something I buy it (my shoe closet comes to mind) depending, of course, on if I can afford it. I figured it will be my only Tiffany piece. So that made it worth it. Was it worth it because of the actual cost of the materials? No, and far from it. Was it worth it for the name stamped on the inside of the band and the fact that it came in a blue box? No way.

But you aren''t going to catch me going around making comments about jewelry that someone else on the forum may have and love. And I''m not going to go around talking about Tiffany having an inferior product (like some debates have come to), however I will say that I like getting more for my money elsewhere, and that a name is not worth that extra cost to me...

Heh, if you can''t say something nice, then don''t say anything at all right? There are some Tiffany designs that I personally don''t care for, but I would never knock another person''s decision to buy it. And as far as paying for the name, I know that it''s not worth it, but if I happen to like a design and I save up for it, then I don''t see the harm. That said, there are things that I would buy at Tiffany and things where I wouldn''t bother, but that''s an entirely personal decision.

Heh, my parents decided to upgrade my sidestones on my Josten''s ring from cz to diamonds. Now I''m just like whyyy whyyyyyy...
38.gif
I feel sort of guilty for not wearing it anymore.

Megeve, that''s a lovely set. I hope that you have fun wearing that.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:06:10 PM
Author: shaunrice
don''t be sad. you can get much finer quality stones elsewhere, and put them in a ring you dream up, have it casted, set etc at a price far less, and have a piece of jewelry of superior quality. I have always gone that route and have had designers in London, Rome, and Beverly Hills compliment my pieces at every visit.
I follow this route too.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 6:42:56 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Thanks Honey. Some people have recently made disparaging comments that I certainly didn''t appreciate.

The tsav is a lighter minty color-the pictures show it as being less saturated as it is in real life.

Link to the thread when I got it

Link to a thread with more pics
Sorry about that Freke. If it makes you better, I own 2 of them (diamond & pink sapphire).

Like you, I love my little stackers...

The pink sapphire is quite bright though.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 3:12:05 AM
Author: ma re

Date: 2/19/2009 11:58:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Is Leon Mege a brand? He does add his own hallmark to his pieces.
Well I'm not sure and I was thinking more about really well known brands (Tiffany, Cartier, VC&A, Graff, Harry Winston, Verdura...). Wow, I expected more from you ladies
1.gif
I was hoping to compare the quality of stones found in even the less expensive 'branded' items to something found in regular stores. Urban legend is that they're more selective about their gemstones than your regular, around the corner, jeweller.
I can't speak for other gemstone nuts but, for me, the fun is in finding a gemstone, planning a setting and then having it set. Plus the fact that I can save $$$$$$$s! Whilst I appreciate designer jewellery and often taken inspiration from them, I can't justify spending my hard earned cash on just one piece when I could get 10 or 20 for the same price. Having said that I love looking at designer pieces and it really is a matter of personal choice. I would never make negative comments if somebody has chosen that route.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 5:01:13 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

I can''t speak for other gemstone nuts but, for me, the fun is in finding a gemstone, planning a setting and then having it set. Plus the fact that I can save $$$$$$$s! Whilst I appreciate designer jewellery and often taken inspiration from them, I can''t justify spending my hard earned cash on just one piece when I could get 10 or 20 for the same price. Having said that I love looking at designer pieces and it really is a matter of personal choice. I would never make negative comments if somebody has chosen that route.

Ditto LD

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 7:38:40 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 2/20/2009 5:01:13 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

I can''t speak for other gemstone nuts but, for me, the fun is in finding a gemstone, planning a setting and then having it set. Plus the fact that I can save $$$$$$$s! Whilst I appreciate designer jewellery and often taken inspiration from them, I can''t justify spending my hard earned cash on just one piece when I could get 10 or 20 for the same price. Having said that I love looking at designer pieces and it really is a matter of personal choice. I would never make negative comments if somebody has chosen that route.

Ditto LD
Thritto!

And Megeve, that''s a gorgeous set. I can''t believe how gorgeous those cabs are and the detail in the settings are beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results