shape
carat
color
clarity

A plethora of pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Consider it a continuation of A poor college student''s jewelry collection...

I just got a new camera for my birthday and I''ve been going NUTS with it. And you guys get to reap the benefits because no one else cares about my jewelry. You can see my efforts with my old camera in the other thread, but I thought it did some injustice to my little collection and I thought I''d post some new pics.

First up-4.5mm round dark blue sapphire in WG. Totally abused when I was younger and had no sense.
Jewelies%20new%20camera%20057.JPG

Second up-5mm round light blue sapphire bezel set in WG. Gift from BF and I wear it almost everyday-and ti''s terribly dirty. Need to get an ultrasonic!
Jewelies%20new%20camera%20053.JPG

My newest acquisition can be found here: I like green. Especially light minty green.
Those pics were taken at night time under artificial lighting, I have some new ones in the sun and day light coming up soon enough...

My second newest acquisition can be found here: Debuting the Silvery Topaz
Those are pics from my old camera (may it rest in peace) and pretty bad.

My third newest acquisition hasn''t been debuted on PS yet...but I got pics of it too!

Onward into new pics!
First up-Silver topaz. My first loose stone. Supernova cut by Barry Bridgestock-a god among men. This stone was literally blinding me while I was trying to take a pic in direct sunlight. I''m incredibly bored today and avoiding doing my homework (I''ll get to it tonight I promise!) so this could have something to do with all of the jewelry posting...Anyway! It''s 7.41cts, 10.2x12.2 and glorious under light. This pic was taken from the side, in my darkened living room

IMG_0199freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Topaz again, darkened living room (my wood floor looks gray!) on my glass kitchen table with the stone face down.

IMG_0196freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Topaz from the side.

IMG_0200.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The blinding power of the topaz. I was seriously seeing spots after trying to capture it! I was holding it in my hand and the oils from my hand were creating weird patterns on the stone, which I didn''t realize until I uploaded these pics. You can kind of see it in the dark spots...

IMG_0217.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the first pic I''ve gotten that actually shows the tsavorite with the color that it looks like in real life.

.02 tsavorite in Tiffany and Co. Elsa Peretti silver stacking band

IMG_0235freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More of a hand shot

IMG_0236freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Up close and personal with my thumb in the shade.

IMG_0242.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my fave! Tiny bit of blue fire coming off such a small stone--it made me so happy!

IMG_0244.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how the metal looks here. So fluid. Her designs are really works of art.

IMG_0254freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moving on to something different. One of the first *real* pieces of jewelry I bought myself. About 4.5mm trillion swiss blue topaz.

IMG_0260.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another but in the shade...It shows off the color the best.

IMG_0261.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
5mmx3mm garnet on a 1.25 silver band. First pics of it! Yay! You can tell it hasn''t been worn much because it''s mostly scratch free. I''m not a warm color person so this was a huge leap for me.

IMG_0262freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This gives a little hint to the coppery and orange flashes it give off.

IMG_0264freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gives an idea of the true color...

IMG_0266freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My london blue topaz. I have had the hardest time getting a good pic of the color of the stone, and I think I may have actually kind of captured it. It''s 3.5mm round and sometimes in real life it throws off purple-y flashes.

In the shade:

IMG_0269.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Throwing a tiny bit of fire:

IMG_0271freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one probably best represents the color...
In the shade

IMG_0277freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And finally the tanzanite. 3.5x3.5mm also on a 1.25mm band. This one has been incredibly hard to capture because the color is great in real life, and fiery-but I couldn''t capture it on the camera. I think I did ok this time.

FIRE!Wohoo!!!

IMG_0279.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More fire! The color of the stone is best represented here and in the last pic.

IMG_0292.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This makes it look more grayish pinkish lavender-which it really isn't-it's way more blue violet, but this was the only thing I was getting in the shade.

And this is the last pic. BTW-plethora is one of my favorite words. Hee hee...

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0285.JPG

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 5:36:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild
This makes it look more grayish pinkish lavender-which it really isn''t-it''s way more blue violet, but this was the only thing I was getting in the shade.

And this is the last pic. BTW-plethora is one of my favorite words. Hee hee...
Mine too! We have the same taste in color as well. Very nice collection, Freke. Pretty good for a "poor student" I''d say.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice; like the colors! You will have to show me someday.
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I adore your collection of sparkly colors Frekechild
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your supernova topaz is on FIRE!!!
10.gif
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the plethera and not a small collection for a poor college student!!
36.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooo...I just realized how swollen my fingers were this morning. My middle finger looks like it's getting strangled by the trillion topaz. Blah!

Selkie! Isn't it fun to say? I love color. Blue is by far my favorite, but I'll take any random vibrant colors really. I'm digging the rock in your new avatar-is it a sphene?

Skippy! You name it and I'm there. I'm assuming that cupcakes will be involved right?
28.gif
31.gif

Love In Bloom! Barry Bridgestock is the man. I seriously have his name written down on my "engagement ring specs" sheet I drew up for BF. But taking that stone out into the sun is a dang hazard. I have a bunch more pics of it, but they really show the oil that was transferring itself from my hands to the stone and it bugged me. So they didn't make the cut. But I finally figured out that I could look at the stone through the camera's screen and it wouldn't burn my poor retinas. I also blame the cloudless sunny day we had today for my partial blindness. Lol.

Catmom! Such compliments coming from you! You have such an amazing collection, I gawk over all of your pieces. I can't imagine what the inside of your jewelry box looks like!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, so much blue!! I love blue!! The bezel set rings are beautiful. What a good collection.

I like the word plethora as well. Unfortunately I rarely have the opportunity to use it.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is a sphene, one of two I got recently. More pics are in my "Can sphene be concave cut ?" thread.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love all of your bezel settings! Nice collection.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Great collection, Freke! I especially LOVE the tanzanite...that''s one of my favorite stones!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
This is an impressive collection for a poor college student! Gorgeous! Have you tried stacking them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results