shape
carat
color
clarity

A new little project.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
I am going to reset a ring that my mother gave to me a few years ago. I am not 100% SURE what I want, but I am really leaning towards a bezel.

I have a thought, and I would like your opinions. I LOOOOOVE geckodani''s bezel band from WF. I also love another bezel setting from WF -- I apologize that I don''t know who it belongs to.
38.gif

I am thinking about a combination of the two rings: cathedral bezel band leading up to a bezel center stone. Would this be pretty? Weird looking?

It is just a thought -- I don''t really have a clear vision for it. Lemme know what you think.

I will attach a picture of the ring so you can check it out. It is a 1.03 ct, and it sparkles like mad. It has some channel set diamonds in the band that are also very sparkly, which I would like to use for the bezel band.

littlemissbliss_wannabeRHRone.jpg

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Here is the setting I mentioned -- again, I am soooo sorry I am not sure who this belongs to.

bezeled_beauty.jpg

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
And here is a different picture of my ring.

I appreciate your help :)

littlemissbliss_wannabeRHRtwo.JPG

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
ooookkkk, i tried to photoshop my idea. it isn''t perfect, but it is a little helpful.

what do you all think?

photoshop_attempt.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bezel set ring looks great! Pretty diamond.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
thanks marcy! i know it will look a little ering-ish, but i can''t really find anything i like better.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look you've created. It's a bit different, but I think it's pretty.

Looking at the profile, are you going to keep the shank angle as it is, or will it be more flat like the original channel set? I'm just wondering how you'll transition it.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 7:53:30 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I like the look you''ve created. It''s a bit different, but I think it''s pretty.

Looking at the profile, are you going to keep the shank angle as it is, or will it be more flat like the original channel set? I''m just wondering how you''ll transition it.

girlei: i would like to have the bezeled shank be like the cathedral style that is shown on the right in the WF image. i like cathedral type settings, as they seem more fluid to me. the peg head that is currently on this ring gets caught on everything.

so, to be clear, i want the same ring as the WF image, just with a bezeled shank. what do you think?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh! I think that would look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
An unexpected twist.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure I have ever seen one done that way. It''ll be interesting to hear if it''s possible to do the bezels cathedral style. Have you talked to any jewelers yet to get their input? I totally hear you on the peg heads snagging everything. When I got my ring, a low profile was one of my main criteria.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is already gorgeous, but I think the bezel idea sounds great!

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:58:47 AM
Author: geckodani
30.gif
An unexpected twist.

geckodani, i was hoping to get our input!!

i just adore your ring. it is pure perfection!

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:58:53 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I''m not sure I have ever seen one done that way. It''ll be interesting to hear if it''s possible to do the bezels cathedral style. Have you talked to any jewelers yet to get their input? I totally hear you on the peg heads snagging everything. When I got my ring, a low profile was one of my main criteria.

I have not talked with any jewelers yet. I think I will do that next week. I really have no idea if it is possible to do a bezel/cathedral. Do you think there may be some structural issues?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:07:49 AM
Author: littlemissbliss

Date: 4/10/2009 8:58:47 AM
30.gif
An unexpected twist.

geckodani, i was hoping to get our input!!

i just adore your ring. it is pure perfection!
Aw.
littlebashfulguy.gif
Thanks!

My only concern would be that the profile of the bezeled band would be bumpy, not smooth, if that makes sense? Because of how the bezels are done. It might look cool, and it might look odd. Let me see if I can find a profile shot of the band so you can see what I mean.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here's what I mean. On the cathedral setting you posted, the shank is smooth all around (see my silly paint arrow to where I mean). The bezels would create a scalloped look. It may or may not be the look you're going for, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

ETA: Did that make sense?
33.gif

bumpycathedral.JPG

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Here is another one of my lame photoshop attempts.

littlemissbliss_photoshop.jpg

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:21:31 AM
Here''s what I mean. On the cathedral setting you posted, the shank is smooth all around (see my silly paint arrow to where I mean). The bezels would create a scalloped look. It may or may not be the look you''re going for, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

ETA: Did that make sense?
33.gif

Thanks, geckodani. Yes, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I can''t really picture it in my head clear enough to decide if it would be weird or not and I super suck at photoshop, so I can''t really create a digital image either. What do you think? It might be easier for you to get an idea about the final product since you have your ring to look at in person (LUCKY GIRL!).

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:27:56 AM
Author: littlemissbliss

Thanks, geckodani. Yes, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I can''t really picture it in my head clear enough to decide if it would be weird or not and I super suck at photoshop, so I can''t really create a digital image either. What do you think? It might be easier for you to get an idea about the final product since you have your ring to look at in person (LUCKY GIRL!).
I''m staring at my cathedral and trying to invision it. I don''t think it would bother me in a non-cathedral type setting, but I can''t quite picture it and how it would work with the cathedral. We need some photoshop whiz to help, LOL. All I have is paint!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think the problem I'm having in my head is that my cathedral setting is all angles, whereas the bezel band is more rounded. I think as long as the bridge under the diamond is rounded, it will balance out the look. I'll try another ghetto paint cobble. Hang on.

ETA: Yeah, no such luck with the paint. LOL.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it...its really different. I think I would do a thinner bezel on your main stone though.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be lovely - unique but still classic
1.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:01:42 AM
Author: Kelli
Your ring is already gorgeous, but I think the bezel idea sounds great!

I love half bezels, it gives a great view of the profile...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
No, not weird looking at all. It would be very modern. It would be very well done by WF. It would be very sleek. It probably wouldn''t catch on anything at all and the diamonds would be very well protected. I think it''s a great idea.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love the bezel set you posted
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I love what you''ve thought of. Really original and clever. I saw a ring like that once at Stuart Moore with a colored center and graduated sides in bezels. Very striking!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very original. For some reason though, my eyes keep getting pulled to the outline of the bezels in the shank. headon view only. All I''m noticing is the actual bezel (i''m talking about the shank only, not the main stone.) Wonder what it would be like in reali life.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your input
9.gif

Danny -- I am so glad to hear you say MODERN. That is exactly what I am going for.

I think I will send an email now to see what the damage will be. Shouldn''t be bad since I already have all the diamonds, right?

36.gif

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 5:01:01 PM
Author: elle_chris
I think it''s very original. For some reason though, my eyes keep getting pulled to the outline of the bezels in the shank. headon view only. All I''m noticing is the actual bezel (i''m talking about the shank only, not the main stone.) Wonder what it would be like in reali life.

Hi elle,

I am not quite sure what you mean -- can you clarify? Are you saying the small diamonds get lost in the bezel?

Thanks for your reply
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
They shouldn't because I know that band (gecko's) and I love it because it's so sparklyy. But for some reason when i look at it head on, probably because now it's a shank instead of a stand alone band, i'm not noticing the diamonds so much because my eyes keep being drawn to the bezels.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results