shape
carat
color
clarity

Shame on me...had ring since May and haven''t posted! Cushion with halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, shame on me! I have had my cushion cut halo engagement ring since May...and haven''t posted it!

I got the diamond at Good Old Gold (love them!), and here are the specs:

Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 0.85ct
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Girdle: 2.75%
Width: 5.34mm
Length: 6.07mm
Depth: 3.60mm
Table Percentage: 63.42%
Depth Percentage: 67.38%
Crown Depth: 17.17%
Pavilion Depth: 46.81%

My setting is from Soloman Brothers. I don''t know if they make this exact one anymore, but there is a couple similar ones on their website still.

hand in front of picnic table for web.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

front profile held up for web.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
16.gif

hand in front of trees for web.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
31.gif

hand on knee on web.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

on microbag by itself for web.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif

side profile held up for web.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

side profile on finger for web.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 10:02:31 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Ooh, its lovely... Are you going to get a matching band? I love it.. !!!!!!!!!

I''ll be posting about the band later...I just got my CAD images from Whiteflash.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh I love it! It''s so dainty! And the claw prongs...and bezels...mmm.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
And here is my proposal story...

We had actually received the diamond in December, and he took it in to Soloman Brothers. They had to custom make the head on the ring for a cushion, as it was originally a made for a round. This took forever! I don''t know when it was actually done, as FI wouldn''t tell me. When it started into late spring, I kept teasing him about it. Finally, I knew he had the ring, there was no way it had taken THAT long! I gave him a deadline, as my one hairdresser was going on maternity leave and was dying to see the ring. She had been checking out my hand for the ring for months every time I came in. Little did I know that she would end up having the baby early and have to wait several months more!
20.gif

Meanwhile, FI had taken a bottle of wine we had in the house and peeled the label off (painstakingly, I''m told) and scanned it into the computer. He changed some of the label in Photoshop to say "Will you marry me?", and placed it back on the counter. He then spent a few nervous days of carrying the ring around all of the time, never knowing when I would see it. Unfortunately for him, I was totally oblivious to it. He even would ask if I wanted a glass of wine, and I would say, "no, I''m fine".

Wednesday I got called into work for someone who was sick and FI saw his opportunity. He tied an empty ring box on Edgar''s (our dog) collar, with a note on the outside that said "open me", and another inside that said "come outside". He then worked with Edgar to go into the office, where he knew I would go when I got home. Once home, I did go into the office. Our one bathroom is just offset from the office, and FI was in there encouraging Edgar to go in by me. Edgar wasn''t getting it, and thought FI was playing some sort of a game. FI heard me getting up, and hurried outside. Edgar followed, but when he heard me stopped at the bottom of the stairs. I saw him and noticed something around his neck. I thought it was his pup light (he has his own little headlight otherwise we can''t see him in the yard at night). When I got closer I saw it was a ring box, and untied it. After opening it, I stepped outside into our screened porch, and there FI was with candles and wine. He dropped to one knee and proposed! Of course I said yes, and he explained about the wine bottle. I laughed, and said he should have bought a new bottle of something new, since I had bought the bottle he used and would be less likely to look at it because of that. It now lives in a special place on our bar.
16.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I love your proposal story. So sweet how it includes the whole family!
The ring is beautiful... I have never seen a setting like that and I think it looks amazing with that gorgeous cushion.
30.gif

Congrats!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
That''s such a sweet proposal story to include Edgar!!!

I love the ring...it''s a mix of Ritani, Tiffany,...all beautiful! Love it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw... yay! It''s beautiful!!!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
how CUTE! i love every bit of it! I would do the same thing about the wine bottle, not even knowing!!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Woah! It''s so different, and I Adore the band! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is a beaut!
30.gif
Love how that setting sits low and shows off your gorgeous cushion. Congrats on your engagement, your FI sounds like a sweetheart.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and unique! Thanks for finally sharing it with us
2.gif
1.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks beautiful and perfect on your hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Looks BIG too!!!)

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Amandine! It''s LOVELY! The band on the setting is so cool! And the cushion is GORGEOUS! Congrats, looking forward to seeing you WF cad images!!!
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite cushion! Congratulations!!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and what a cute proposal story! Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I loved reading about your proposal, that is just so cute!
Congratulations, your ring is beautiful!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

Yes, my FI is sweet...I love my proposal story! If you could hear him tell it, especially the part about trying to get Edgar into the office...he just thought it was play time!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful! I love the band.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
What a unique setting! I just love it, esp the top view!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
Wowzers!!! I LOVE it! What a unique halo setting and beautiful stone!
30.gif
Congratulations on your engagement, and thanks for sharing the pics. Better late than never! hehe

Oh! When you get a chance, please post this in the cushion halo thread too: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-cushion-halos-here.88177/

It''ll be great to have yours in there to show how many different halo styles there could be.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 5:33:28 PM
Author: glitterbug
Wowzers!!! I LOVE it! What a unique halo setting and beautiful stone!
30.gif
Congratulations on your engagement, and thanks for sharing the pics. Better late than never! hehe

Oh! When you get a chance, please post this in the cushion halo thread too: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-cushion-halos-here.88177/

It''ll be great to have yours in there to show how many different halo styles there could be.

Sure! When I get back home, I''m at work on lunch now.

And thanks for the compliment about the unique halo...I loved how small it was, more accenting the stone then smothering it.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool. Congrats on your engagement!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring is from Solomon Brothers too!!! hehe LOVE how gorgeous the band is, your ring is beautiful!!!
sending_flowers.gif

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SanDiegoLady, MonkeyPie, CrookedRock, geckodani, jcarlylew, julesbeth, panda08, Tacori E-ring, motownmama, Jenn5504, Madam Bijoux, Catmom, Diamond*Dana, bee*, joflier, glitterbug, tberube, and Skippy123! Its nice to finally share with everyone...its the least I could do after having so much time to goggle at your rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results