shape
carat
color
clarity

A Monstrosity and a Christmas Present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 1:19:31 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 11/22/2008 1:14:34 AM

Author: Linda W

Those Opals are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Just look at the play of colors, they are amazing. You did a wonderful job picking that ring out for her Freke. She is just going to love it. You are a wonderful daughter.

How is she feeling by the way??

Not very good. She''s been trying to take her meds on time (which she wasn''t for a while and getting horribly sick because of it) but she''s still not doing well at keeping the meds down. Her weight is just going down the tubes...

I bought her a few little goodies for Christmas, and she won''t be expecting any of them. I hope they make her smile.
So sorry to hear your mom isn''t doing very well at the moment. Hopefully the wonderful, thoughtful treats you''ve gotten her for Christmas will help her feel more like herself. Beautiful rings, honey!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The opals are lovely. Fom far away, I thought they were moonstones with their eerie glow. As for the topaz, be careful not to poke someone''s eye out. That thing is HUGE!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
You're a sweet daughter, Freke. Your Mom will love her new goodies--I hope she's feeling better today! xo
Have fun with that CRAZY topaz--haHA--fun ring!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Freke, that''s so nice of you to try and cheer up your mom. I hope she eases back up on her weight as time passes. And what a GORGEOUS ring!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry your mom is sick. What a great daughter you are, she is going to love that ring
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I''ll admit the topaz has a little bit of a story behind it, but I''ll shorten it and say this: I had designed a ring around 5 other monster-sized unique shaped Swiss Blue topaz, but I never got to bring it to fruition because the stones sold. They totaled around 90 carats. And my design was very similar to the ring--have the metal be minimal (especially the prongs) and let the topaz be stars of the show. When I saw this ring, I thought to myself "OMG, it would have gone PERFECTLY with my necklace." So I had to get it.

Thank you for all of the lovely compliments on the topaz(and if need be, I will totally use my topaz as a weapon--I threatened to wear it to bed last night, and FF forbid me from doing so out of fear that I''d smack him with it. Lol.) and on my mom''s opals. She is not doing well at all, and she called today to tell me about these gorgeous dozen red roses she got from her cousin and she started talking about how expensive they must have been, and how they shouldn''t have spent that much and I told her, "Mama, it''s worth every penny if it makes you smile." So I hope that my little gifts can have that effect on her.

I returned the suit today, and they didn''t have the right sizes in the navy, so I ended up getting a charcoal instead-same stripes and everything, so I hope that we can get it altered sometime soon. I''m really excited about it. I can''t wait to see him in it. I love me a man in a suit!

flowerladytoo I know what you mean about having your heart go pitter patter when you see your man wearing a suit. I got all teary, and he looked so proud when he put it on.

dancingflame Me too! I was super impressed! I didn''t spend a lot on either ring, and I wasn''t expecting the opals to be as lovely as they were. Definitely a great surprise.

pjean Oh no! You mean I''ll get teary eyed when he goes and gets it fitted too?! Ack!

canuk-gal I really don''t know how you wear all of your big rings! This is my first huge one, and I keep knocking it into things! Any suggestions?

mochi I hadn''t even thought about it, but you''re right! It''s going to be so easy to find! (Although I think I''ll have a hard time losing it!)

Gwen Thanks hon! I hope so. She needs some cheering up. I did decorate her Christmas tree for her last weekend, and she loved that, so I hope she''ll like having presents under the tree just as much.

Chrono I love the opals too! Thank you! And I''m hoping I won''t poke my own eye out! I already tried to take a chunk out of my other hand with it!

Coati Thanks m''dear! I''m going to have a lot of fun with the topaz! I took it into my closet today to see what I can wear with it. Lol.

MP Thanks!!! I hope so too... (And, btw, how is your new job treating you? And did you get my email?)

MMT Thank you! I hope she does!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I love the special and gorgeous gift for your mom! She will love it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww Freke, You are such a sweet daughter. Your mom will be thrilled with the opal ring, the colors are soooo pretty. I am sorry your Mom isn''t well, sending prayers her way.
12.gif
Love the topaz, it''''s so fun!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s quite a monster! I actually have a monstrous blue topaz too, but the window in mine is HIDEOUS!! I also have a ring like the opal one too, I think it may be the same setting, but with low-quality blue sapphires. (Not pretty like the opals!)

Anyway, I hope your mom gets to feeling better. She is lucky to have a daughter like you!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love the topaz ring!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That ring for your mom looks lovely! Those opals look really fiery.
And the giant topaz is pretty sweet! Bet that''ll be a good conversation piece!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results