shape
carat
color
clarity

A Monstrosity and a Christmas Present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Both set in silver.

24ct unique cut sky blue topaz.

In the dark and up close and personal. The color is much more vibrant in real life. I can''t catch it with the camera.

IMG_2646 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s got a pretty big window. Don''t worry, it didn''t cost all that much, and it''s certainly a statement piece...Showing off it''s steps well.

Having technical difficulties. I''ll be back after a restart...

IMG_2650 sized2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Handshot! (Look at the pile of boxes in the corner of my living room! Yay for Christmas stuff!

IMG_2651 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Profile.

IMG_2678 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little fire...

IMG_2684 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More fire...and with my Tiffany ring to show scale.

It's 24cts
26mm x 17.5mm
Or: 1 and 1/16 inches by 3/4 inch (or so)
Size 8.5 for my right middle finger. Tee hee.
I got it today and I already got a compliment on it.

IMG_2659 sized.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful color Freke. You could knock someones eye out with it, it is huge. I do love the color and the steps.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
And hey, what happened to your Christmas Avatar missy?????????????????

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda!

Now for the Christmas Present. It's for my mom, because her birthstone is an opal, and I thought this was pretty. It's an antique replica in silver.

Side view.

IMG_2667 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 1:06:20 AM
Author: Linda W
And hey, what happened to your Christmas Avatar missy?????????????????
I had to change my shoe color for my new arrival (the monster topaz)! Don''t worry, it will go back soon. (Probably not until after Thanksgiving though.)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Profile view

IMG_2665 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Handshot. Don''t mind my messy kitchen. I got it, opened it up, and started clicking...

IMG_2673 sized.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE that opal, more shots please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, that Opal ring is to die for!!! Your sweet mother is going to LOVE it!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close up.

It''s about 1 ct, size 8, and three stone, obviously.

My mom hasn''t been wearing her rings (an antique white opal/onyx and her diamond) because her hand she wears them on swelled up and she can''t wear them anymore. So I got this one a bit bigger so she could wear it if she wanted to. And my dad hardly buys her any jewelry, so I thought I''d contribute to spoiling her a little bit...

IMG_2663 sized.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those Opals are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Just look at the play of colors, they are amazing. You did a wonderful job picking that ring out for her Freke. She is just going to love it. You are a wonderful daughter.

How is she feeling by the way??

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some Opal action with the Topaz trying to steal the show...

(BTW, FF is totally fascinated with the Topaz--he PUT IT ON, and started pointing it at me, and making "laser" noises...I''ve laughed a lot today.)

IMG_2662 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 1:14:34 AM
Author: Linda W
Those Opals are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Just look at the play of colors, they are amazing. You did a wonderful job picking that ring out for her Freke. She is just going to love it. You are a wonderful daughter.

How is she feeling by the way??
Not very good. She''s been trying to take her meds on time (which she wasn''t for a while and getting horribly sick because of it) but she''s still not doing well at keeping the meds down. Her weight is just going down the tubes...

I bought her a few little goodies for Christmas, and she won''t be expecting any of them. I hope they make her smile.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, I bet you did laugh. The color in the topaz is really pretty. Reminds me of a beautiful lagoon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another closer shot of the opals...A little blurry, sorry...

IMG_2671 sized.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that Freke. I know how hard it is on you and your father. I am sure your gift and the other surprises you have for her, will definitely make her smile.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!!!!!!!!! The Opals even have red color play in them.
30.gif
I love Opals, you truly found an amazing ring Freke.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
In other (random) news, my dad INSISTED on buying FF a suit for Christmas (he says it''s partially my Christmas present--whatever, but it''s the most they have ever spent on any of my SOs--probably combined, actually) So my dad, myself and my friend meet at this store, and end up getting this: Link in navy with a pinstripe. Unfortunately I get it home and it''s not quite the right size, so I''ll have to take it back and exchange it, but he looked so handsome in it! And it will probably end up being the suit he wears to get married.
9.gif
I''m really excited about it...

Ok, my own threadjack is over now...Lol.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a great looking suit. I love when my hubby puts his suit on. Don''t our men look great when they are dressed up????????? Wish they would do it more often.

Your FF will look so handsome when you get married. Too bad you have to take it back, but it will be worth it.

End of thread jack again.
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah they do! I''ve never seen him in a suit before, but he looked so handsome! I got all teary. My dad wears them every day, so I''ve gotten used to them (and ties) but FF is very casual and didn''t own a suit (or even a jacket!) until now. So I''m really looking forward to anytime he wants to wear it!
31.gif

Lol, end (again) of threadjack!

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
That is such a unique stone. I think you could use it as a weapon if you needed to LOL! The color is so pretty! And those opals are to die for!! I''m sorry your mom is ill
7.gif
, but I bet that ring certainly puts a smile on her face. What beautiful opals and so many colors flashing from them!

That suit is so nice! Even after all these years, my heart still goes pitter patter whenever my hubby gets dressed up in a suit
30.gif
He''s more of a casual guy, but wears suits to church on occasion and other places. And he wears them well too
9.gif
31.gif

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
I love love love the opals for your mom!!!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Those rings are neat! I''m sorry your mom is doing poorly, and I hope the opals cheer her up.

I know what you mean about the suit, too! I took FI to buy a properly fitting suit just before we got engaged, and it was actually a very emotional experience. (The seamstress doing alterations thought I was nuts for tearing up though...
2.gif
)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great pieces, FC!

cheers--Sharon

mochi

Ideal_Rock
GOOD LORD!! That''s a huge stone! At least it''ll be easy to find if you misplace it!!

The opal ring is darling! Your mother is very fortunate to have a very caring daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results