carat
color
clarity

A memory locket

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

She had such a sweet face--I'm very happy you could capture it in your photo and wear her around your neck. Lockets are perfect !!

cheers--Sharon

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry for your loss of your sweet Ziggy Louise. She lived her best life with you because you loved each other. They give us so much joy when they are here...but so much pain when they’re gone. I LOVE the locket you made to honor her.

Thank you @MamaBee. I struggle with that "better to have loved and lost than not loved at all" notion. So bloody painful, but yeah...better to have loved. Thanks for loving the locket :)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
HI:

She had such a sweet face--I'm very happy you could capture it in your photo and wear her around your neck. Lockets are perfect !!

cheers--Sharon

Hi @canuk-gal :)
She did, didn't she. I used to rub her little head (about the only spot we were allowed to touch) and she'd look into my eyes. My sweet little velociraptor LOL.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
HI remember Ziggy Louise. Of course I do. And I remember you sharing that she’d passed :(sad Your locket is a really beautiful remembrance piece, I hope it’s comforting when that’s what you need ❤️

I don’t think we ever really move past losing the ones we love most. Sometimes the corner of my eye still catches Gretta wandering around with string in her mouth, and I tell her out loud to let it go before my brain catches up to the fact that she hasn’t been here for two years. I usually manage to not cry afterward, these days. I guess that’s what changes?

I submit that wearing a picture of a beloved bird around your neck is much much further down the #huh scale than making a ring with a baby tooth, say. I was following a ring with a baby tooth on Etsy for more than two years. It sold eventually - I really wonder how and where its new owner wears it…

We’re having waffles for dinner tonight! I’ll make one for her :love:

That heartache will never go away, as you say. Sigh. So sorry to hear about your dear Gretta. Sigh. Tea?

Right you are! I'll wear the d@mn necklace to comfort me and honor her. Thanks @yssie.
To waffles!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for you loss. Such a pretty bird and what a lovely tribute to her.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember Zeelo - and her broody, egg-laying, loving, curious little self. Talk about a bird with personality! And I remember how hard it was for you when she passed.

@Begonia, I am all about memorial lockets and have recently done my second, which I'll share when all the pieces come together. I think they're a perfect way to remember someone special to us, and I think wearing an image of Ziggy Louise "when the grief takes hold" is exactly the right thing to do. I wear my 'Dixon pendant" when I miss him so badly it hurts, and I'll hold that solid gold heart with his names and dates on it like a life-raft in rough seas.

I feel you, sister. And somewhere, on some dimension, that slight shift of air you feel from time to time is her wings, hovering close. The body goes. The love doesn't. <3

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I remember Zeelo - and her broody, egg-laying, loving, curious little self. Talk about a bird with personality! And I remember how hard it was for you when she passed.

@Begonia, I am all about memorial lockets and have recently done my second, which I'll share when all the pieces come together. I think they're a perfect way to remember someone special to us, and I think wearing an image of Ziggy Louise "when the grief takes hold" is exactly the right thing to do. I wear my 'Dixon pendant" when I miss him so badly it hurts, and I'll hold that solid gold heart with his names and dates on it like a life-raft in rough seas.

I feel you, sister. And somewhere, on some dimension, that slight shift of air you feel from time to time is her wings, hovering close. The body goes. The love doesn't. <3

Your post misted me up there @mrs-b! Thank you for putting all of my feelings into words, something I struggle with. Tis a rare gift you've got to do that for me, and across the internet to boot. Thank you.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Dixon. "Like a life raft in rough seas". Spot on sister. Spot. On.

Tea? Show me those pics of our Dixon over a brew...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results