shape
carat
color
clarity

A memory locket

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure if any of you remember Ziggy Louise LeFlocker? She passed away a year ago and I miss her deeply. I ordered a locket with my initials on one side and hers on the other. I wear lockets when the grief takes hold. 20221229_213236.jpg

Attachments

• 20221229_213134.jpg
    20221229_213134.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 47
  • 20221229_213108.jpg
    20221229_213108.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20160730_124429_HDR-1.jpg
    20160730_124429_HDR-1.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 72

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, what a lovely memorial. 'Tiels are just special.
I also send you all the hugs.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I remember Ziggy Louise. She was a beauty with such an inquisitive and charming expression on her face. I’m so sorry for your loss. I think your new locket is lovely.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful locket with so much meaning! Love it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful locket and beautiful bird. I'm so sorry for your loss.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely tribute! She was beautiful!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely tribute! She was beautiful!

She'd appreciate that comment! Ziggy would agree she was beautiful, that girl knew her worth LOL.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I remember her. So sorry for your loss. Beautiful locket!

Thank you for remembering her with me today. That means a lot.

It's cute hey? I'd love a gold one, but not in the budget. Grateful I have this one.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember her, too. She was gorgeous!
{{{Hugs}}}

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I remember her, too. She was gorgeous!
{{{Hugs}}}

Awwww, hugging back @stracci2000!
She WAS gorgeous. She enjoyed that being noticed every day LOL. She was vain as heck but her sweet nature made up for that LOL.

Loved her food too. She'd eat dinner with us every night. There were just a few things she couldn't eat safely, but she loved international food. Italian, Chinese, Indian were all mightily enjoyed. She'd get the first waffle on waffle Sunday. That girl could eat waffles! An hour later, she would still be noshing away.
Ahhhh memories...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Right??? She had a different relationship with each of the family members. A little old lady of a bird. This is her loving eye look...the slight squint. 20210214_175332.jpg

I loved my Buddy boy(look, he picked it), he was my childhood heart pet. I picked him when he was just hatched. I was 7 or 8. I remember having my mom call the 'bird man' one time because I thought he was doing this weird beak opening/choking thing when I played with him...and it turns out that was their way of showing utter happiness and bliss! He used to try to land in my spaghetti, so I would share it with him special. He loved 'human food'. He had a tiny play model plate, a cup and little silverware he would bonk on the table. Just like me. My mom found it at a hobby shop. The spoon was his favorite. We ate together, a lot. He would stand on our heads when we went swimming and played 'Jaws'. So many things! He was such a character! His best friend was my sister's cat. It was thirty some years ago and I remember it. Always.

I know, I just know how special she is and what she meant to each and every one of you. And for each person it was different and all their own. Just love. She was beautiful.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I loved my Buddy boy(look, he picked it), he was my childhood heart pet. I picked him when he was just hatched. I was 7 or 8. I remember having my mom call the 'bird man' one time because I thought he was doing this weird beak opening/choking thing when I played with him...and it turns out that was their way of showing utter happiness and bliss! He used to try to land in my spaghetti, so I would share it with him special. He loved 'human food'. He had a tiny play model plate, a cup and little silverware he would bonk on the table. Just like me. My mom found it at a hobby shop. The spoon was his favorite. We ate together, a lot. He would stand on our heads when we went swimming and played 'Jaws'. So many things! He was such a character! His best friend was my sister's cat. It was thirty some years ago and I remember it. Always.

I know, I just know how special she is and what she meant to each and every one of you. And for each person it was different and all their own. Just love. She was beautiful.

Such a wonderful relationship you had! I enjoyed reading e v e r y sentence! How can such a little creature be so rich in personality and feelings? Yet they are.

I was so often struck by the depth of her affection. Once we learned to read the signs, it was astonishing how bonded she was to her family, her flock, us.

Thank you for sharing your story! Thank you all for getting it.

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :kiss2:

The locket is pretty, too.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
This is so sweet and what a lovely way to commemorate her. I love the feather detail and the way the initials overlap!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry for your loss of your sweet Ziggy Louise. She lived her best life with you because you loved each other. They give us so much joy when they are here...but so much pain when they’re gone. I LOVE the locket you made to honor her.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI remember Ziggy Louise. Of course I do. And I remember you sharing that she’d passed :(sad Your locket is a really beautiful remembrance piece, I hope it’s comforting when that’s what you need ❤️

I don’t think we ever really move past losing the ones we love most. Sometimes the corner of my eye still catches Gretta wandering around with string in her mouth, and I tell her out loud to let it go before my brain catches up to the fact that she hasn’t been here for two years. I usually manage to not cry afterward, these days. I guess that’s what changes?

I submit that wearing a picture of a beloved bird around your neck is much much further down the #huh scale than making a ring with a baby tooth, say. I was following a ring with a baby tooth on Etsy for more than two years. It sold eventually - I really wonder how and where its new owner wears it…

We’re having waffles for dinner tonight! I’ll make one for her :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results