shape
carat
color
clarity

A Lot of Petty Stuff Going On IMHO

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1295124670|2823668 said:
Cuso's behavior didn't get under my skin one bit.
He was young; he'll grow up.

I was civil, even polite to him particularly because the pious be-nice-like-me mob was following him around with their chisels and hammers.
I think I even posted that people should stop being so mean to him, or something - which of course turns the mob of Legislated Niceness in my direction.
A brave few posted their agreement with me that he was treated badly and unfairly.

Cuso was a great example of this community's intolerance.
It's ironic . . . be nice or get clubbed over the head by us nice people.

BEHAVE LIKE ME, OR ELSE!!!!!!!

Whatever. :roll:

I respectfully disagree; I felt Cuso was a thinly veiled racist (you have to read his earliest threads), and that offended me.

I apologize to you, and everyone else on this board, if my contempt for Cuso diminished your enjoyment of PS.
:halo:

It will not happen again. I will take the advice of many wise posters to this thread and ignore people who offend me.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OH. I didn't realize that being 37 years old doesn't constitute acting like a respectful adult. I'll say it again, be mean all you want....start calling people names for no reason and I'll take you to a different level of mean. Kenny, stop playing the innocent card...you have ripped a number of people on here. GOOD

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1295125065|2823672 said:
I haven't had a whiskey sour in ages. May I have one please?? :lickout:

What's in a whiskey sour? I'm still deciding what to order tonight! Go for a good reliable MAC and Jac on tap or for a mixed drink? ;-) lol

We should start a drunk thread. People are only allowed to post in that particular thread after having a few drinks! lol

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1295125126|2823674 said:
iLander|1295046712|2823012 said:
I posted this in random thoughts, but I think it's time to start a thread.

Is it just me, or does it seem like PS is getting really petty and small?

I feel like posters are just looking for any excuse to attack each other, usually over small, stupid things.

Takes the fun out of it for me, even if I'm not directly involved. :nono:

I let a lot of stuff go in some of my past threads, things that made me go :shock: , but I didn't comment because I prefer to use old-fashioned manners: when someone in the room farts, you don't comment.

I also feel that whatever I say, it will be parsed and criticized, regardless of civility. So, I really shouldn't even write this comment.

You don't see why posters may be defensive when you say PS is getting petty and small? An excuse to attack each other? Takes the fun out of it (though you did just comment how you don't use the ignore function b/c THAT wouldn't be fun :confused: ). You are putting yourself above others by claiming to use "old fashioned manners" (while others don't according to you) and feel picked on.

That's my opinion, yes.

The ignore function was a joke.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
MC|1295125233|2823679 said:

What's in a whiskey sour? I'm still deciding what to order tonight! Go for a good reliable MAC and Jac on tap or for a mixed drink? ;-) lol

We should start a drunk thread. People are only allowed to post in that particular thread after having a few drinks! lol

I prefer an amaretto sour myself. . . whiskey sours have a bit more kick than I can take. :twirl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1295125230|2823678 said:
OH. I didn't realize that being 37 years old doesn't constitute acting like a respectful adult. I'll say it again, be mean all you want....start calling people names for no reason and I'll take you to a different level of mean. Kenny, stop playing the innocent card...you have ripped a number of people on here. GOOD

If you post some point I will consider that point.
Your prior behavior does not affect that point.
How much I like you does not affect that point.

That point should be weighed on its own merits.

This is the opposite of pettiness.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1295125233|2823679 said:

2 oz blended whiskey
juice of 1/2 lemons
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
1 cherry
1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'll take some patron shots!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1295125653|2823688 said:

ooooooooooooo, you are a true professional. One shot and I'm on the floor counting elephants dancing in pink tu-tus.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1295125830|2823690 said:

ooooooooooooo, you are a true professional. One shot and I'm on the floor counting elephants dancing in pink tu-tus.

What is patron?

Also, can somebody suggest a light fruity drink that I can order? I want a big glass of something, that won't make me loopy too fast. . .

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
patron = muy delicioso tequila.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patron is tequila....I don't mess with tequila. After 2 jumbo margaritas in texas at an authentic mexican restaurant...yeah...not more tequila. I had NO CLUE it was that strong...or that bad.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1295126061|2823695 said:
Patron is tequila....I don't mess with tequila. After 2 jumbo margaritas in texas at an authentic mexican restaurant...yeah...not more tequila. I had NO CLUE it was that strong...or that bad.
'OH! :shock:

one tequile, two tequile, three tequila, floor :D

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Hahahahahaha!!!! Thanks for making me giggle :) patron is so So So good!!!! Long islands are good too, get the job done quick! You don't even wanna know how many shots I take....its a bit gross.

Ilander...do you like white wine? Reisling is yummy and fruity!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, one of my favorite definitions of intolerance is "refusal to allow to others the enjoyment of their opinions."
The freedoms that we enjoy include the freedom to be a butt hole, racist, neo-Nazi, Christian, Wiccan, & Whatever
and allow expressions of support for philosophies that some or most find offensive.
Our society does not permit us to intentionally harm others and
sometimes words are capable of conferring great harm,
yet we are still free to utter them. A true conundrum.

So how do we cope? The only way I found effective for me
is to stay true to my own philosophy, engage in as reasonable
a discourse as an opposing party is willing to -- express my opinion
in a respectful manner and move on.

It's not easy to change someone's mind and I'm not sure we should try.
Present an opposing opinion, listen to the other side, try to find common
ground upon which to establish a relationship and if you can't move on.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys got the good stuff.

All I got here is come cheapo 2-Buck UpChuck. ;(

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander...Sangria is pretty good too -- red wine, fruity stuff & yummy spices.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1295125916|2823692 said:
Also, can somebody suggest a light fruity drink that I can order? I want a big glass of something, that won't make me loopy too fast. . .

Well...you can drink what I do: Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1295125916|2823692 said:
What is patron?
It isn't particularly fruity, but it is delicious: Effen Black and Sprite. It's heavenly, and very light. (And REALLY fun to order when you stress the EFFEN bit.)

AutumnNovember--I didn't realize you posted that in the CUSO thread when I wrote my first response; I definitely wasn't thinking about you when I wrote my first post, I was thinking of another poster.

Really, though, the details don't matter to me. Those types of situations are the ones that seem petty *to me* here on PS, so I used that particular instance as an example.

NOW, that's not to say that what *I* see as petty isn't productive in other people's minds. I understand that some might feel it's important to respond to posts like CUSO's in order to feel good about continuing to engage in threads, here. I totally understand that, and I respect that. But I still reserve the right to see those types of things as petty and unproductive.

I think it's great that we can coexist on this board and continue to support each other despite the fact that we interpret such situations very differently. (And for the record, I really like interacting with you AN, so I hope my comments on here haven't tarnished your view of me as a fellow poster. That's really the opposite of what I hoped to accomplish by posting in this thread.)

Threads like this are really great for me to read, personally, because they give me a lot of insight into the way others interpret certain situations. My family and I have a similar discussion often: Several of my family members really need to air their feelings with each other (often in long, loud, drawn out "talks") in order to feel better and move on. I'm the opposite--when something bothers me I get over it on my own, without having a big discussion about it, so those talks really irritate me and don't do much for me at all.

ANYWAY, I'll take an EFFEN Black with Sprite, please. And a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Thankyouverymuch.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it interesting how there is often a main thread here which often continues certain themes?

In 30 years we'll be hashing the same stuff out, and drinking too. :cheeky:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1295125179|2823675 said:

I was civil, even polite to him particularly because the pious be-nice-like-me mob was following him around with their chisels and hammers.
I think I even posted that people should stop being so mean to him, or something - which of course turns the mob of Legislated Niceness in my direction.
A brave few posted their agreement with me that he was treated badly and unfairly.

I respectfully disagree; I felt Cuso was a thinly veiled racist (you have to read his earliest threads), and that offended me.

I apologize to you, and everyone else on this board, if my contempt for Cuso diminished your enjoyment of PS.

It will not happen again. I will take the advice of many wise posters to this thread and ignore people who offend me.

I think calling people RACIST doesn't contribute to the positive spirit of Pricescope.

But nice of you to apologize.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1295123907|2823657 said:
HollyS|1295120858|2823616 said:
"I just wish you weren't such a Pollyanna, Holly."

Oh, Deb. You know I'm not. I'm just reasonable. And too old to take any of this seriously anymore.

PS is a fun diversion. What most people post, on any given day, is simply unimportant. Fluff. Like the much maligned FB. No reason to get the UnderRoos in a twist.

Listen to me. How grown-up do I sound? :bigsmile: :wink2:

I must have found my Zen center. :lol:

This thread is pretty much turning into a re-hash of the last one. No surprises here, really.

So....I whaydaya think Holly, how 'bout you and I are head for the local watering hole to tie one on and sing Kumbaya for a bit.....

Did I hear someone say something about Silver Patron Margaritas? 'Cause I'm ready! :bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cadillac margaritas, yummmmmmmm. Had a few too many of those last Friday night. Saturday morning not good.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1295127307|2823713 said:
AutumnNovember--I didn't realize you posted that in the CUSO thread when I wrote my first response; I definitely wasn't thinking about you when I wrote my first post, I was thinking of another poster.

ANYWAY, I'll take an EFFEN Black with Sprite, please. And a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Thankyouverymuch.

I believe you were directing it at me, Haven, please see my apology on the bottom of page 2. I would like to direct it (the apology) to you too.

What is EFFEN? Is that like a scotch or something?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1295127587|2823718 said:

I think calling people RACIST doesn't contribute to the positive spirit of Pricescope.

That's what I got out of a couple of his posts, I never called him that, but that's my opinion. That's what set me off, I think people were attributing my anger to other things, so I felt I should clarify.

I am sincere in my apology. I should have ignored him.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1295128113|2823725 said:

That's what I got out of a couple of his posts, I never called him that, but that's my opinion. That's what set me off, I think people were attributing my anger to other things, so I felt I should clarify.

I am sincere in my apology. I should have ignored him.

Fair enough. Carry on with cocktail hour, all! :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1295127857|2823722 said:

I believe you were directing it at me, Haven, please see my apology on the bottom of page 2. I would like to direct it to you too.

vodka

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Even then.
I don't think being a racist is good but I'll still treat the person with the same respect here as I treat everyone else.
If he breaks a PS rule I'll report it.

I don't like this, "You are not how I think you should be so I'm going to stick it to you every chance I get".
That nasty behavior very prevalent here on PS and people not only think there's nothing wrong with it, they egg each other on.

Ugly mob mentality.
Be like us, or else.
Ironically it is perpetrated by people who apparently think they are the nicest people on the board.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Matata:

For one of your recent posts - elsewhere on PS - you are my idol. :love:

I think you, Karen, and I could have a very good time - with or without the margaritas. But I'm thinking with would be the most fun. :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1295128192|2823728 said:
iLander|1295127857|2823722 said:

I believe you were directing it at me, Haven, please see my apology on the bottom of page 2. I would like to direct it to you too.

vodka

Oh, my. I do like strawberry daiquaries (sp?) but I want to try something new.

I was thinking like a wine cooler type thing, anybody got anything along those lines? Is Sangria like a wine cooler?

I miss the '80's . . . :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results