shape
carat
color
clarity

A Lot of Petty Stuff Going On IMHO

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1295136876|2823902 said:
Terriers, man you must be a strong person. Those things just know I'm a push over and walk all over me.
She does walk all over us... especially at night while we're sleeping she has really tiny feet so it's like she's on stilts all the time.

miacute.png

iLander

Ideal_Rock
What a cutie!

And those ARE really tiny feet!

She would have me feeding her the doggie equivalent of grapes within the hour. :rolleyes:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm starting to feel fuzzy.

Only took 1/2 a beer. . . :twirl:

I better sign off . . . friends don't let friends post and drive, or something.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1295136553|2823891 said:
But, we're all equal now.

For someone who has posted about Hugh Hefner you have a nerve to suggest that women are treated equally. We are not yet equal under the law. Try saying that again if we ever get an Equal Rights Amendment passed.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1295133767|2823834 said:
HollyS|1295130758|2823776 said:
AGBF|1295130098|2823762 said:
ksinger|1295129678|2823756 said:
Yeah, after this thread, mellowed-out and tipsy is sounding good. I can only read the endless litany, so many times before I need a drink. :rolleyes:

Folks, for those of you who don't know - when Holly and I begin to agree enough to go get sloshed together, things have gotten very weird indeed. We've begun punching through into an alternate universe. Either that or we're just too damn old to fight anymore.

Oh, fellow traveler, don't get too possessive with Holly. I claimed her as my right wing companion shortly after the Presidential elections and she and I have been pals ever since.

Deb

Wanna come drinking with us? You, Miss Virgin Daiquiris, can be the designated driver. :bigsmile:

It sounds very boring to the non-drinker, I'm afraid. How about watching some of those old movies that you and I both enjoy like, "The Women"? Karen, are you interested in films like that? Or should we have a political discussion...along with the kind of food we had during the Presidential debates, of course.

Deb

I like "The Women", although I confess I enjoyed the play more. I saw it on PBS some years ago - it had whatserface from Sex In The City (which I never watched BTW) and whatserface from Third Rock (which I did). Quite a bit more blunt and raunchy than the B&W film, which was extensively censored for the sensibilities of the time. So yeah, we can watch a movie AND have top-shelf margaritas. I DO have the recipe to end all recipes for those anyway. ;))

NO politics. I find the whole topic too depressing these days. Too serious. Too...too...

And yes, I just got back from having a cocktail while watching a glorious sunset on a patio near a lake. Much better for my blood pressure. :wacko:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1295137416|2823916 said:
kenny|1295136553|2823891 said:
But, we're all equal now.

For someone who has posted about Hugh Hefner you have a nerve to suggest that women are treated equally. We are not yet equal under the law. Try saying that again if we ever get an Equal Rights Amendment passed.

Deb/AGBF

Oh dear.
I guess I'm going to have to assume less and splain my sarcastic humor more.

I keep forgetting you all think of me as a man - with all that men-baggage crap.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Deb, just curious why you emphasized "a girl's best friend" in your signature.

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend" is a common expression, but I've never heard it with the four words shouted, as it were.

I like "Diamonds Are Forever" (the song).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1295139385|2823937 said:

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend" is a common expression, but I've never heard it with the four words shouted, as it were.

I always assumed those four words are in bold in explanation of her screenname--AGBF.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1295140033|2823943 said:

I always assumed those four words are in bold in explanation of her screenname--AGBF.

Ohhhhhhhh.

I thought AGBF had something to do with cello music.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1295138743|2823929 said:
AGBF|1295133767|2823834 said:
HollyS|1295130758|2823776 said:
AGBF|1295130098|2823762 said:
ksinger|1295129678|2823756 said:
Yeah, after this thread, mellowed-out and tipsy is sounding good. I can only read the endless litany, so many times before I need a drink. :rolleyes:

Folks, for those of you who don't know - when Holly and I begin to agree enough to go get sloshed together, things have gotten very weird indeed. We've begun punching through into an alternate universe. Either that or we're just too damn old to fight anymore.

Oh, fellow traveler, don't get too possessive with Holly. I claimed her as my right wing companion shortly after the Presidential elections and she and I have been pals ever since.

Deb

Wanna come drinking with us? You, Miss Virgin Daiquiris, can be the designated driver. :bigsmile:

It sounds very boring to the non-drinker, I'm afraid. How about watching some of those old movies that you and I both enjoy like, "The Women"? Karen, are you interested in films like that? Or should we have a political discussion...along with the kind of food we had during the Presidential debates, of course.

Deb

I like "The Women", although I confess I enjoyed the play more. I saw it on PBS some years ago - it had whatserface from Sex In The City (which I never watched BTW) and whatserface from Third Rock (which I did). Quite a bit more blunt and raunchy than the B&W film, which was extensively censored for the sensibilities of the time. So yeah, we can watch a movie AND have top-shelf margaritas. I DO have the recipe to end all recipes for those anyway. ;))

NO politics. I find the whole topic too depressing these days. Too serious. Too...too...

And yes, I just got back from having a cocktail while watching a glorious sunset on a patio near a lake. Much better for my blood pressure. :wacko:

Oh, a sunset!! We've had two days now of gray and spitty. Today, we added fog. And since I worked, I got to drive 100 miles round trip in the mess. *sigh*

I want a sunset. :(sad

BTW, the play was much 'cattier', and a bit more fun. I saw the same PBS adaptation. But the clothes and sets in the movie make me salivate; and I adore Norma Shearer.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1295140112|2823945 said:

Ohhhhhhhh.

I thought AGBF had something to do with cello music.

You are not the first. Kudos to you for being musical, Kenny. My daughter once told me that the strings on a cello are not in the order : AGBF, however. She no longer plays (I am sorry to say). But she played for years, then played the violin for about a year. And, while she was young and going to "string camp" during the day during the summer, all the kids illicitly played each others' intruments, too. So she played (I am sure, badly) the viola as well. String camp was a great way for them to get to know how all the string instruments worked!

Deb

Diamonds are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes. Thank you, Haven!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="TravelingGal|
Let em allow politics again on ATW. Let's see how much we've all REALLY mellowed. :devil:

How do we petition Andrey and Ella to get it going before the next presidential campaign? :bigsmile:[/quote]
sounds good to me.. :appl: :appl:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1295130127|2823763 said:
TravelingGal|1295128506|2823734 said:
kenny|1295128205|2823729 said:
Even then.
I don't think being a racist is good but I'll still treat the person with the same respect here as I treat everyone else.
If he breaks a PS rule I'll report it.

I don't like this, "You are not how I think you should be so I'm going to stick it to you every chance I get".That behavior very prevalent here on PS.

C'mon Kenny, seriously.

I think the problem is we collectively don't always treat people with the "same respect", either perceived or intended. As I said, I take things on a thread by thread basis. There are some threads where I stay the hell away from you because you treat one vendor with such malevolence, it makes me want to buy from him. You DO stick it to him every chance you get. Is he worse then, than a racist?

Other threads, I like your posts just fine, and find them interesting or food for thought.

No one is "on" all the time.

This is a diamond forum and it is my opinion that some things a certain vendor does is not ethical to diamond shoppers.

I strive to respect diversity and take it much much further than most.
All of us won't tolerate intolerance based on race, gender, orientation AND I strive to extend the respect thing way beyond what is genetic.
I strive to respect people's right to believe ANYTHING and behave in ANY way as long as it's legal and I perceive it does not harm others.

I know a lot about photography (sorry all you folks who are offended by my ego, I can hear you bristling at such a statement.)
If I perceive an allegation of a vendor photocopying out inclusions, or who photographs diamonds in a way that conceals undesirable qualities of diamonds I will speak up.
I will use my knowledge of photography.
I will present arguments in the most clear understandable way I can.
I think that is a good and helpful service I can offer to repay PS for all the beauty it has brought into my life.

Photography can lie.
This is a diamond forum, and my knowledge of photography is a legit forensic skill here.
I'll also call the cops if I witness a murder - I do not consider that intolerance of diversity either.
Respecting diversity doesn't mean respecting a person's right to harm others.

Kenny- I do respect you- and admire your photographic skills. I enjoy reading what you write- in almost all cases- except when you're attacking me, or others
I take photos to the best of my ability- we make sure that our clients are satisfied, after having seen the diamonds in real life and compared them to my photos
Can't we lay this innuendo to rest?
If you truly respect and encourage diversity, how about respecting the right of others to judge diamonds the way they see fit- even if it does not agree with how you, or your favorite sellers do.
Peace, my man.
Please,Peace

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Rockdiamond|1295146031|2823993 said:
Kenny- I do respect you- and admire your photographic skills. I enjoy reading what you write- in almost all cases- except when you're attacking me, or others
I take photos to the best of my ability- we make sure that our clients are satisfied, after having seen the diamonds in real life and compared them to my photos
If you truly respect and encourage diversity, how about respecting the right of others to judge diamonds the way they see fit- even if it does not agree with how you, or your favorite sellers do.
Peace, my man.
Please,Peace

I, for one, appreciate you taking the high road on this one Rockdiamond.

You do offer a money back guarantee, and it's my understanding that if someone doesn't like your product, they can return it. No forensic skills required.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1295186454|2824162 said:
Rockdiamond|1295146031|2823993 said:
Peace, my man.
Please,Peace

I, for one, appreciate you taking the high road on this one Rockdiamond.

You do offer a money back guarantee, and it's my understanding that if someone doesn't like your product, they can return it. No forensic skills required.

I can't speak for the personality issues, since I don't frequent RT, but I CAN speak for my own experience - I found dealing with David as a consumer to be pleasant, and the videos/pics he puts up to be very much a what you see is what you get. I got a very nice yellow radiant from him and it was exactly as shown in the video. I liked the video, and the stone lived up to it. He has quite a few stones that aren't what I would want it's true, but for the ones I do like, after my experience, I would expect them to be as shown.

I'm NOT trying to start some big RT-esque brouhaha in here, just thought I'd chime in. I had a good buying experience and love my yellow baby. I can't be upset about that, now can I?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1295125626|2823687 said:
MC|1295125233|2823679 said:
Kaleigh|1295125065|2823672 said:
I haven't had a whiskey sour in ages. May I have one please?? :lickout:

What's in a whiskey sour? I'm still deciding what to order tonight! Go for a good reliable MAC and Jac on tap or for a mixed drink? ;-) lol

We should start a drunk thread. People are only allowed to post in that particular thread after having a few drinks! lol

2 oz blended whiskey
juice of 1/2 lemons
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
1 cherry
1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Matata - whiskey sour sounds pretty good. Not a huge fan of sugary drinks but one or two is always nice. :)

I hadn't had any alcohol since New Years and had a great time drinking last night! (Didn't get home till midnight so was past the point of posting fun drunken comments) lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results