shape
carat
color
clarity

A little sad...no upgrade for 25th anniversary...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I had hoped and prayed we''d be able to get an upgraded diamond to commerate our 25th anniversary, but my hopes have been dashed and I am extremely depressed. This may be a lengthier post than most want to read, so be forewarned.

My husband and I visited 2 jewelers and got their views on my current center stone--a .71 carat princess cut--and 6 side stones, 4 tapered baguettes and 2 rounds. The first jeweler had nothing at all positive to say about my stones and that devastated me. Granted, I knew nothing about diamonds in 1992 when I got this ring, so it has no cert to boot. He commented that he would take my YG setting with the stones in it and "try" to sell it but that it would take time and no guarantees of much of anything. I was so depressed I cannot even find the words to explain how much. Nonetheless, I wanted to view the stones they had set aside for us to see. I specifically asked for cushion cuts and radiants in 1.50+ with color going no more than an I for now. Keep in mind my husband went with me to accompany me to be informed, to be "nice" and to be made aware of what I like. We had not talked budget much because he wanted to hear what the jewelers would first say about my ring and the stones in it. He had this unfounded notion that since princess cuts are hot in jewelry stores, that my center stone must price the same. I felt it was important for him to hear the truth from the source, not me per se.

After we left the first jeweler, we went to the second one and had a much smoother and more cordial situation. Still, the subject of how much my stones and ring had to come up since we are trading in due to budget restrictions and when it did, he nearly had a heart attack when he heard how much my stone is perhaps actually worth. I ideally want a cushion cut that is no smaller than 1.55 carats, F-G in color SI in clarity is ok if the cut is VG or EX. I will not skimp in the area of cut. I can go a bit smaller, but not in cut. My intention for these visits was not to leave with an order for a custom ring, but rather for him to see what we needed to have $ wise to make this happen. Hubby said there was no frickin way any time soon that was going to happen...and I nearly passed out.

I have been married to him for 25 years this coming Feb. and bore him 9 kids. Yes, we have bills, but who doesn''t. Yes, we probably have more bills than other families due to the size of our family, but by golly, I haven''t asked for a whole hell of a lot either. I told him all of this as well. He is self employed as an accounting business consultant whose specialty is computer software installations. We also own 2 local businesses in our community. I am not trying to sound selfish here and I do not feel I am. I say "no" alot more now to church, community or school requests of me than I used to...and it feels damn good to do so.

I was silent awhile when hubby told me what he the way he did. I know he didn''t mean it so coarsely, but it did hurt. We talked more and we came to a compromise. He said that since I cannot have the stone that I ideally want at this time, he was willing for me to get the setting I wanted and to just put the princess cut in there for now until we can purchase the center stone that I ideally plan(and you know I WILL get it!
emembarrassed.gif
) to get. He thinks in 3 years. I told him what all of you have said around here that the diamonds are INCREASING in cost so that timeline may have to be greatly altered(err...like in maybe next Christmas, if I can have it my way...).

So what do you think? Am I horrendous for trying every thing known to human women to get my incredibly stubborn husband to see that this ring is more than a piece of jewelry to me, that it symbolizes US for 25 years? Any suggestions are appreciated cuz I am sinking fast and am losing my mind...
emsad.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh DB!!!! First of all, I''m so sorry for everything! I''m sure your husband didn''t mean to come across the way he did, it is just that sometimes guys don''t realize how they come across. And I''m so sorry about the experience at the first jewelers.
11.gif

Now, the idea of getting a new setting is a good one.

My other suggestion would be talking to WF or another jeweler with trade up policies. Maybe you guys could buy something smaller in size now and then upgrade it later when more $$$ is available to be spent on diamonds. And plus, this way you could keep your original diamond and setting.

Finally, maybe you could use some of the online vendors to really hunt around to see if they can find a great deal! It''s always possible, especially if you are willing to compromise on color or clarity.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deanna -

Have you seen this one?

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 6:36:09 PM
Author: Rascal49
Oh DB!!!! First of all, I''m so sorry for everything! I''m sure your husband didn''t mean to come across the way he did, it is just that sometimes guys don''t realize how they come across. And I''m so sorry about the experience at the first jewelers.
11.gif

Now, the idea of getting a new setting is a good one.

My other suggestion would be talking to WF or another jeweler with trade up policies. Maybe you guys could buy something smaller in size now and then upgrade it later when more $$$ is available to be spent on diamonds. And plus, this way you could keep your original diamond and setting.

Finally, maybe you could use some of the online vendors to really hunt around to see if they can find a great deal! It''s always possible, especially if you are willing to compromise on color or clarity.
Thank you Rascal! I do know he doesn''t mean to be such a lunkhead, but he just is in the area of diamond rings. He "claims" to not be materialistic and gets on me a bit for my yearning to want this upgrade and I guess that is where I get a bit defensive. I guess with regards to the first jeweler, they have very high expectations and standards, higher than the previous 3 or four that I had visited elsewhere by myself and they are diamond cutters so that may make a difference. The staff was nice and the diamonds they offered were beautiful, but it didn''t feel right.

The idea for a purchase of a smaller diamond is what I suggested to my hubby, but he was not keen on thiis idea, saying I would not be happy with it. This is partyly true. I would love to just own a cushion even a .91 or .85 carat one for now...maybe I could check their website for prices. But hubby is fixed on the setting only thing pretty strong...I feel like I am in a tug of war game and it shouldn''t be that way...not for an anniversary gift.

Oh...BTW...I am not emotionally attached to the princess cut I have now. It was a filler ring when our eldest daughter lost my original E-ring in 1990.

You have been so sweet to reply to me though. Thank you for your help...
emotion-5.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 6:28:20 PM
Author:DeannaBana

He said that since I cannot have the stone that I ideally want at this time, he was willing for me to get the setting I wanted and to just put the princess cut in there for now until we can purchase the center stone that I ideally plan(and you know I WILL get it!
emembarrassed.gif
) to get.
I really don''t recommend this. If you get a setting now and it holds your .77 princess cut, then it likely won''t be large enough to accommodate your larger cushion stone later.
Unless the setting you want will allow the head to be easily changed out.

I would see if he would agree to go for the diamond now in a simple solitaire setting, and then upgrade the setting down the line. Then you are fitting the setting to the diamond, and it will look right.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I don''t blame you for being sad one bit. We are great at looking for stones, perhaps we can find one within your budget!!! HUGS!!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 6:55:50 PM
Author: ecf8503
Deanna -

Have you seen this one?
I hadn''t...but I looked at it and it is gorgeous. I just love cushions. I probably saw 6-8 cushions yesterday and about 6 radiants...all beautiful...all with different personalities.

Alas, I am not sure hubby will go for a diamond like this unless the setting--a solitaire for now--is dirt cheap, I am DIRT cheap.

Any ideas on how much a setting for a solitaire on top of the cost of a diamond like this would cost?

Thanks for this, ecf8503..

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 7:00:16 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 10/16/2005 6:28:20 PM
Author:DeannaBana

He said that since I cannot have the stone that I ideally want at this time, he was willing for me to get the setting I wanted and to just put the princess cut in there for now until we can purchase the center stone that I ideally plan(and you know I WILL get it!
emembarrassed.gif
) to get.
I really don''t recommend this. If you get a setting now and it holds your .77 princess cut, then it likely won''t be large enough to accommodate your larger cushion stone later.
Unless the setting you want will allow the head to be easily changed out.

I would see if he would agree to go for the diamond now in a simple solitaire setting, and then upgrade the setting down the line. Then you are fitting the setting to the diamond, and it will look right.
I appreciate you responding...He is pretty solid with merit on why he won''t budge on the size I ideally want and I do understand. I would be ok with a cushion that was excellently cut in a price range that would work for the same price I would put into a setting with all the bells and whistles to tell you the truth. I would be thrilled out of my mind to wear a solitaire setting(have no idea how much these cost in platinum) with a 1.21 or .85 carat size cushion for now and trade up later. But I have no idea about price for the entire deal as I just described it.

If I did choose a setting now, I would have to choose something that could accommodate the size in the head later or something that has a changeable head....and you can bet I will spend at least $3K if not closer to $4K...and he knows this.

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock

I could have written parts of your story myself. My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in June, and for a couple of years, I knew I was going to upgrade for our 10th. I wore my .78 pear with pride and love for 11 years, but truth be told, I was never really thrilled with it because of cut, flaws, etc. When I went to price it for the trade-in, you had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I heard the low value, plus the criticisms from the jewelers I went to. It was very humbling and I just felt like a deflated balloon.

Anyway, like you, my husband was shocked when he found out what price range we were in for to get a new ring. I was so let down because we were both on board for me getting a new ring, but he wasn''t fully prepared for the price range we''d be looking at to get the kind of ring I really wanted. Furthermore, I went back and forth trying to decide if even *I* wanted to spend that much at that point.

In the end, I did get the ring I loved and wanted and neither of us regret it now, 4 months later. I basically came up with my own plan as to how we could swing the price of the ring without making either of us feel the pinch of spending more money than we had anticipated. I''m not suggesting that you should do the same, I''m simply telling you that I hear you, and that I don''t think you are being out of line for feeling let down and sad that this didn''t turn out the way you planned.

P.S. I''ll give you a good little insider''s laugh: My husband thought we''d be spending around $3k for a 2 carat tw 3-stone ring.
2.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 7:02:17 PM
Author: kaleigh
No I don''t blame you for being sad one bit. We are great at looking for stones, perhaps we can find one within your budget!!! HUGS!!!
Thanks kaleigh!
emembarrassed.gif
I really NEED it today...I really appreciate my PS friends here especially the day after all of this. I know from my discussion with him that since we are taking an anniversary trip(I suspect its a Sandals trip to St. Lucia--I have a sweet friend helping him and he''s a little clumsy leaving computer windows open..he! he!) and that is very important to him. It is to me as well, don''t get me wrong, but this is an especially SPECIALanniversary and I want to mark it in time that way with this ring. My limit is truly maxed at $4k with tax, shipping and everything so if you and anyone here can help, you will be closer to me than you know!
emotion-5.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Any ideas on how much a setting for a solitaire on top of the cost of a diamond like this would cost?

You can get a 14 kt gold solitaire setting for a couple of hundred dollars!! That looks like a beautiful stone.

Of course you''re not horrendous for wanting this upgrade!! I completely understand your sadness and disappointment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a beautiful new diamond for your 25th anniversary!!! In fact, it makes perfect sense to me!

I agree with Alj that getting a new setting for your current princess doesn''t make much sense if your ultimate goal is for a 1.5+ cushion cut. I think it makes much more sense (if you can swing it financially) to get a diamond (even a "starter" diamond that you can trade up at a later date) and stick it in a simple solitaire until such time as you can buy the stone you really want. Hang in there and let us know what happens.

koko

Shiny_Rock
I know just how you feel....men can be so insensitive. I was hoping for an upgrade on my yellow gold setting with a .33 rb center stone. After my 10th anniversary passed & no upgrade, I took my wedding set to the jeweler & had him add 6 perfectly clear, good size baguettes, and another band of gold to it so that it would appear more "substantial." After my 15th anniversary passed with no upgrade I bought a white gold wedding set with my dream "CZ" 2-carat emerald cut center stone, and began wearing that. By this time I think dh was becoming totally humiliated. But I didn''t whine or complain. Lo & behold, for my 25th wedding anniversary I got a new upgrade, white gold wedding set with a 1.15 carat SI1, E colorless center stone. Beautifully cut stone, very fiery. I was ecstatic. He was so romantic, gave it to me over our anniversary dinner at a resort in Las Vegas. Sometimes I think the more we women "push" the more our husbands retreat!!!
30.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2005 7:05:23 PM
Author: DeannaBana
Date: 10/16/2005 6:55:50 PM

Deanna -

Have you seen this one?
I hadn''t...but I looked at it and it is gorgeous.

Alas, I am not sure hubby will go for a diamond like this unless the setting--a solitaire for now--is dirt cheap, I am DIRT cheap.

Thanks for this, ecf8503..

I''d call Good Old Gold and ask them what is the cheapest setting they could get that is high enough quality to warrant it''s purchase. For example, Whiteflash has a 14k solitaire setting for $80. It can be done... And also keep in mind that the vendors have access to much more than just what is in stock.

Are you positive about a cushion? If so, I''d also suggest calling Mark at Engagement Rings Direct, as he has helped find some killer cushions for a number of PS members!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Deena, I''m sorry that your hubby is not on board with you and this purchase.

You have a couple of options. One is to get a very simple setting and a stone that is under 4k.

Did you have a particular setting in mind that you really wanted? How important to you is it to have a new stone versus a new setting and ring?

If you really want a new ring, I would consider getting the setting that you want and putting a CZ in there for now (like Koko!). You could eventually switch out the CZ for a diamond. That way you would have a new ring.

Since you are not attached to your current princess, I would go ahead and leave it with one of the jewelers to see if they can sell it on consignment. Then when/if that sells, you can put the money towards your new stone.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a direct cut-n-paste from GOG''s available list of cusions, all under $4,000

Cushion 0.85 F VS1 GIA 6.17*5.66*3.45 $3,851 $3,938
Cushion 0.78 D VS2 GIA 6.37*5.58*3.22 $3,568 $3,648
Cushion 0.78 E SI1 GIA 6.13*5.5*3.29 $3,133 $3,204
Cushion 0.72 E IF GIA 6.15*5.28*3.11 $3,840 $3,926
Cushion 0.71 I VVS2 GIA 5.83*5.32*3.21 $2,416 $2,470

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good job ecf!!!
36.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2005 7:36:12 PM
Author: Patty
If you really want a new ring, I would consider getting the setting that you want and putting a CZ in there for now (like Koko!). You could eventually switch out the CZ for a diamond. That way you would have a new ring.

Good point! Wink Jones'' new CZ site FreeCZ.com will (reportedly) be up and running at 12:01am tonight - and he carries some great CZ''s. You could order the size and color you want and see if it really is what you want in the "real deal"! :)

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I have joked that my husband would rather take money out of his wallet and burn it than to buy diamonds. I''m actually only half joking.

I''m so sorry for your disappointment because I can totally relate. Isn''t it funny how valuable a diamond is when it''s on the other side of the counter.... Whoever sold it to you probably made it seem so valuable and desirable, but now it''s hard to trade.

Is there any possibility that you could sell it outright? Princess cuts are really popular, so maybe there is a venue to sell it locally besides taking it to a jeweler to sell on consignment. That would probably get you a lot more money, if there is a way to do it.

I have to tell you that when I bought my pear, I took every piece of gold, loose gems, anything at all I had in my jewelry box that I didn''t and knew I wouldn''t wear and sold it. I raised about $1000 doing that, plus I was fortunate to be able to sell an oval diamond that I didn''t like. My husband would have been very upset if I spent any more money on this upgrade, so I had to make sure it wouldn''t come out of our savings (or, God forbid, credit). If you have anything you can sell, as in a garage sale, you may be able to put it towards your diamond fund and get rid of some old stuff to boot.

One local (lady) jeweler I spoke with told me that men don''t buy their wives jewelry, the wives pretty much buy most of it for themselves. She had a "shhhhh" fund option for those ladies who wanted to save up and add it to whatever their husbands budgeted for them to spend, and then they would tell their husbands it cost 25% less than it did -- isn''t that a scream???. So don''t feel you are the only wife with a less than enthusiastic husband when it comes to these things. I''m sure your hubby''s manner simply reflected shock and dismay and feelings of disheartenment at not being able to provide you with something he knows you really would like to have. But trust another woman whose husband didn''t want to spend any money, where there is a will, there is a way!!!

Just enjoy your 25 year vacation at Sandals as your gift from hubby. The ring may have to be a present to yourself (with his assistance), and there is nothing wrong with that.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 7:42:03 PM

Good point! Wink Jones'' new CZ site FreeCZ.com will (reportedly) be up and running at 12:01am tonight - and he carries some great CZ''s. You could order the size and color you want and see if it really is what you want in the ''real deal''! :)

OH! That''s a great idea! Then you get the gorgeous setting in the correct size now and whenever you have the money for the diamond, no one will have a clue it wasn''t the real deal all the time. And I actually have one of Wink''s rectangular cushion interlaps. It is very, very pretty and will put to shame any average cut cushion you could buy at the maul. Some people are snobby about CZ''s, but when you want what you want and don''t want to compromise, they can be a real good thing in the meantime before you actually get what you really want.

Good luck. I''m excited for you to see how it turns out.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

I think Patty's got a good idea here...if you're crushed at the idea of not having a new, sparkly, beautiful ring, then consider buying your dream setting now, and setting a cushion cut CZ of the size that you ultimately want in it! That's pretty much exactly what my fiance and I did....we knew we'd have to go into some major debt to get the 1.25ct diamond I wanted, so we just had my dream setting designed, with diamond sidestones, but with a high-end hand cut CZ as the center. I've gotten SOOO many compliments on my ring, I absolutely LOVE my ring, and I honestly don't regret our decision at all. Someday when we can pay cash for it, we'll add my dream diamond to my dream setting!!! But for the time being, I get to wear my beautiful, sparkly, DREAM ring without feeling queasy about the debt every time I look at it!

Best of luck, I know you're frustrated. Sending happy thoughts your way!!

ETA: I have one of Wink's round brilliant CZ's, and it is gorgeous. My center stone is not one of his, it's a hand-cut Michael E. stone, but I wouldn't be ashamed to have one of Wink's in my ring either!!
9.gif
Check out the new website once it opens up!!

koko

Shiny_Rock
And now that I''ve gotten my upgraded ring, I''ve got the jeweler replacing the CZ emerald cut in my "interem" ring with a 1.5 carat radiant cut aquamarine that I''ll wear on my rt. hand....don''t worry, I''ll bet you''ll be in for a lovely surprise for a upcoming occasion.....
21.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 7:55:26 PM
Author: lumpkin

Date: 10/16/2005 7:42:03 PM

Good point! Wink Jones'' new CZ site FreeCZ.com will (reportedly) be up and running at 12:01am tonight - and he carries some great CZ''s. You could order the size and color you want and see if it really is what you want in the ''real deal''! :)

OH! That''s a great idea! Then you get the gorgeous setting in the correct size now and whenever you have the money for the diamond, no one will have a clue it wasn''t the real deal all the time. And I actually have one of Wink''s rectangular cushion interlaps. It is very, very pretty and will put to shame any average cut cushion you could buy at the maul. Some people are snobby about CZ''s, but when you want what you want and don''t want to compromise, they can be a real good thing in the meantime before you actually get what you really want.

Good luck. I''m excited for you to see how it turns out.
This is a fabulous idea...and worth entertaining. I will run it past him and see how he responds to it. How much does a CZ run? This would pacify me for now and definitely appease him as well. I definitely don''t want to do something sneaky or something that would be less than what I would be happy with. I still like the idea of a slightly smaller cushion, but in the end, this might be the best of both worlds...I will definitely update everyone...

I have to step out with my hubby to Lowe''s or Home Depot for paint so I check back when I return.

All of you here at PS have lifted my spirits MORE than you possibly know!!!!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

Thank you...sincerely
emembarrassed.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry - it''s so hard...I think the girls made wonderful suggestions that could help with your budget. Even though it is not what you had your heart set on, it might very well bring you tons of joy. Even a new setting can be a wonderful change.

I had dinner at a lovely steak house last night and notice a very young woman (23-28) wearing what must have been a 7-8 carat round Diamond ring with shared prong diamond bands. The diamonds on the bath her engagement and wedding band must have totaled 3+cts. She was waving her hand in the air as if she was painting -really showing off the ring! The head was so heavy it was swinging from side to side. The ring must have been at least 400 to 500 thousand dollars probably bought at Tiffany''s. I was kind off bummed but then I thought that I''m so lucky in so many ways and that I have a wonderful boyfriend and family that is a blessing in it self. If you count your years of marriage as a carat then I would say that you''ve done pretty well for yourself - 25Ct.! I am sure that your husband would buy you the whole world if he could.

I am really sorry - I hope your new setting will bring you all the joy and bling you deserve!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a 2 carat from Wink that was $30.00 I think??? It''s an asscher and is awesome. Others will chime in I''m sure.
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There have been lots of good suggestions here - and in the end you will have to decide which of these scenarios is the best for you.

Personally, I would not buy a new mounting for the current stone. It will not accomodate another stone. . . especially a different cut without at least changing the head. While one shape or size may look OK on a ring, another stone may blow the proportions out of the water.

You could certainly find the setting of your dreams and set it with a CZ. I just don''t know that that would solve your dilemma at this point. You''ve been married for 25 years; sounds like you are looking for a diamond!

My vote would be to choose a vendor or maybe a couple of vendors that have good trade in policies. You seem to have set a budget amount for the ring; I would tell them what I had to spend and what I was looking for. Then let them do what they do best - find you the biggest and best stone for the money. At least you would have jumped into the diamond market now - the price increases are frightening! Waiting will only mean that what you could purchase today for 4K won''t be what you can purchase next Christmas for 4K. Then at some point in time if finances dictate, you can either trade up in size or go ahead with a setting. Settings go up too but I would be more concerned at the increase in diamond prices than I would with increases in setting prices. I would also find someone that was interested in selling your ring on consignment and then leave it with them. It will sell. . . the question is when and for how much. You could use that money toward an upgrade or a new setting.

Good luck - please let us know what you decide. Maybe your hubby will appreciate the fact that you are willing to consider different options to help make this a reality. While none of knows your family or financial situation, I would have to think that you wouldn''t want to do this if it were totally out of the question from a financial standpoint. After 25 years and 9 kids, I would think you deserve a little sparkly!
17.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 8:57:05 PM
Author: Ries
I am so sorry - it''s so hard...I think the girls made wonderful suggestions that could help with your budget. Even though it is not what you had your heart set on, it might very well bring you tons of joy. Even a new setting can be a wonderful change.

I had dinner at a lovely steak house last night and notice a very young woman (23-28) wearing what must have been a 7-8 carat round Diamond ring with shared prong diamond bands. The diamonds on the bath her engagement and wedding band must have totaled 3+cts. She was waving her hand in the air as if she was painting -really showing off the ring! The head was so heavy it was swinging from side to side. The ring must have been at least 400 to 500 thousand dollars probably bought at Tiffany''s. I was kind off bummed but then I thought that I''m so lucky in so many ways and that I have a wonderful boyfriend and family that is a blessing in it self. If you count your years of marriage as a carat then I would say that you''ve done pretty well for yourself - 25Ct.! I am sure that your husband would buy you the whole world if he could.

I am really sorry - I hope your new setting will bring you all the joy and bling you deserve!
Ohh...you are SO sweet...thank you for your insight...yes, I AM rich. I have a loyal, loving husband who still rocks my world in every way and he is an excellent father and provider and works SO hard. I just came back from the paint store and my hubby is seriously loving the idea of a CZ with my dream setting until we can get the real thing in about 1 year or so(maybe sooner--we''ll see!
emwink.gif
)
In this age when so many people go through marriages like paper towels, I am blessed.

Thanks!!!

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
I have a different thought on your post..........

I re-read your post and your husband is not depriving you because he is being mean, or insensitive, or stubborn, he told you that he CANNOT afford it right now. You said you have lots of debt, do you want more? If you want to max out a credit card or two then go ahead, but he does not want to, atleast right now.

Sorry, I do not feel sorry for you. You said you have 9 wonderful children, I think there atleast a million Americans who would trade places with you in a minute.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 8:44:05 PM
Author: koko
And now that I''ve gotten my upgraded ring, I''ve got the jeweler replacing the CZ emerald cut in my ''interem'' ring with a 1.5 carat radiant cut aquamarine that I''ll wear on my rt. hand....don''t worry, I''ll bet you''ll be in for a lovely surprise for a upcoming occasion.....
21.gif
Definitely a worthy idea! I mentioned HouMedGirl''s idea to hubby as we ran our errand to get paint and he was like "you know, that is a great idea...wow..." For him--an accountant by degree--that is HUGE. He asked me how much a CZ would cost and I wasn''t sure. Say, I started off wanting a 2.5 carat stone...maybe I should consider a CZ in a 2.5 carat size and save up for that size in the real thing???

I can''t believe it...I feel like I actually have something to be REALLY excited about again!!!
emotion-20.gif
emotion-5.gif
emthup.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 8:57:21 PM
Author: kaleigh
I got a 2 carat from Wink that was $30.00 I think??? It''s an asscher and is awesome. Others will chime in I''m sure.
2.gif
Kaleigh, a CZ for $30 bucks? At that size? If that''s true, THAT is worth doing some serious thinking about!!!!
emotion-40.gif
emotion-5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it''s true and Nan got one in a princess cut the same size for less. I think it was $25. I saw it in person when I went to visit them in the hospital and it was gorgeous. Check out Winks new website tonight for inspiration!!!
1.gif
BTW she posted pics in the shopping forum, check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results