shape
carat
color
clarity

A Little Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys.

We’re introducing a new funky tool for communication on Pricescope. (see RockyTalky forum at the top).

Browse the tabs on the yellow strip to see who is alive and/or web-casting right now. You can join in by clicking the picture and following directions.
  1. Yellow tabbed strip at the top shows who's alive and who else has access to the system.
  2. There are three modes:
    1. one-to-many (seminars, Q&A, presentations) - everybody can enter
    2. one-to-one (private session) - only one visitor allowed
    3. off-line/unavailable/with a customer - you can still email a request about appointment
  3. Green icon at the tab indicates who's alive and available.
  4. by clicking on the control you stop it from rotation.
  5. clicking on a picture/video box, launching the main program which depending on the status will ask you
    1. to log-in or enter in silent mode
    2. to ask a question and request an appointment
    3. to email a request about appointment
The system is currently built so there is one presenter who's in charge of presentation (one-to-one or one-to-many). The presenter shows video and has an option to use audio.
Visitors cannot use the audio at the moment. We just thought that it can make it more cumbersome. Especially when there is no headset available or connection is not fast enough.
Visitors can type or use a phone which is much better especially when using one-to-one sessions and vendor offer a toll free number.

* One-to-many mode: visitors can only watch/hear and type. Presenter can show pictures and draw on whiteboard
* One-to-one mode: visitors can also draw on whiteboard and share/upload pictures to whiteboard
When inside the room, presenter can use video/audio, text messaging, whiteboard with images, gallery (if available)

Video: presenters can select different video size and also different cameras (if available) to show themselves, jewelry, diamonds, gemstones or anything else (workshops, stores, etc).
Video combining with the whiteboard can be used to draw above the video picture.

Whiteboard can be used for drawings on a blank page as well as on a picture (uploaded by either presenter or a visitor or selected from a gallery).

Text is just IM obviously :)

OK for now. please post your questions
emotion-15.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Very cool....I was just wondering what was going on!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
so why don't you come in
9.gif

ok a bit of technical stuff. you need to have Flash 9 to run it so when you're asked for an upgrade, please do it, it takes less than a minute

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could hear John fine, but how do I respond??

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Please use text messaging to talk to him (you should be logged in to be able to do that). Currently only presenters can talk

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How do I respond Leonid? I can hear, but cant type anything!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dani, you can hear your presenter but response by typing text messages...

Ok I''ll better start explaining more about this new system....

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OH, OK. I didnt see the text msg thing at the bottom, thanks!!!

What an awesome, fun tool!!! Its going to be a great to have on here!!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is FABULOUS!!! I listened to Wink for a little bit but I''m really supposed to be working right now so...I can''t stay like I want to!!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
THAT is the COOLEST thing EVER! Amazing, simply amazing. I am NEVER gonna get ANYTHING else done now...
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is soooo COOL!! I joined in John''s session. This will be amazing and so very helpful!!!! KUDO''s to Leonid!!!!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 5:44:27 PM
Author: FireGoddess
This is FABULOUS!!! I listened to Wink for a little bit but I''m really supposed to be working right now so...I can''t stay like I want to!!!!
Yeah, I foresee myself not getting much done with this new little toy
2.gif
3.gif
Thanks Leonid!
11.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an awesome idea to gain additional knowledge, i am 'silently' listening to Wink talking about an aquamarine right now...colored stones are something i don't know too much about.

but i have to go to the gym! hahaa. hopefully some of the presenters will be on later tonite too!!
3.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 5:50:45 PM
Author: Mara
what an awesome idea to gain additional knowledge, i am ''silently'' listening to Wink talking about an aquamarine right now...colored stones are something i don''t know too much about.

but i have to go to the gym! hahaa. hopefully some of the presenters will be on later tonite too!!
3.gif
I think we''ll be in and around this evening. This is great fun, just improvising right now.

There will be some prepared presentations tomorrow.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will there be a schedule of presentations??? If so will it be posted here on in another forum???

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks
30.gif
By the way it is almost 7 years since Pricescope went live. Now we're even more alive
3.gif

ok back to typing....

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! This is very cool!
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I think I am going to have to give up my day job
2.gif

This is going to be very addictive BUT I MUST BE STRONG.
LOOK AWAY KATE
Back to work
5.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I must be stupid . . . I don''t even see a yellow tab . . .
8.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 6:51:11 PM
Author: hikerchick
Okay I must be stupid . . . I don''t even see a yellow tab . . .
8.gif
Me neither...
7.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 6:47:45 PM
Author: katebar
I think I am going to have to give up my day job
2.gif

This is going to be very addictive BUT I MUST BE STRONG.

LOOK AWAY KATE

I was just listening in on Wink, and hubby told me he''d get me some headphones so he can watch TV. LOL!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the 7 years.

That''s just wonderful.

This new communication is awesome- sign of the times

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, congrats on the 7 years.

Leonid & Irina...I''m guessing this is the project you alluded to you were working many hours on overtime for?

As others have said...pretty cool.

Many thanks,

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I went to Rocky Talk and no yellow tab.
I am on a Mac using Safari . . . I will try again when I get home on my PC.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just turned off my first webinar. Wife is cranky I was supposed to be home ten minutes ago, that is addicting technology.

Tomorrow at 4PM EST I will be giving a webinar on the ASET tool, a complete look at it, how it works and why it matters. John Quixote will be giving a webinar on the reflector technology and will look at what the different tools do. (Firescope, idealscope, H&A viewer, ASET and what are the strenths and weaknesses of each.)

For during the work day I will be making appointments with people to answer specific questions in one on one sessions, and I suspect that John and I will coordinate various webinars to share information with people about important areas of knowledge concerning the stones you all love so much. Paul Antwerp is going to be one of the presenters also. This will be a great tool for us to share knowledge with you, so you must start letting us know what questions you want answered.

Wink

P.S. I can sure tell you that today was a LOT of fun. I hoped the visitors enjoyed it as much as we did!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Wink you were amazing, i call you our Energizer Bunny from now on.- Irina
9.gif

Ira, thank you, we were designing this tool for many things which were unavailable before, for example a vendor can show on his/her hand how flush a wedding band will sit with a particular e-ring. Opportunities are endless though.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 7:15:49 PM
Author: hikerchick
I went to Rocky Talk and no yellow tab.
I am on a Mac using Safari . . . I will try again when I get home on my PC.
I limited it for Firefox, Opera, Netscape and IE. I''ll turn it on for any browser. Please refresh Rockytalky page in a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results