shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW A Jewel From The House of Garrard

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @mrs-b that is high praise coming from someone with your amazing collection! Btw I left a little bit of the corgi sheets in one pic just for you ;-)

Thanks @Tourmaline!

@MissGotRocks, thank you, I still can’t believe it!

Last edited:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty, and so special - truly a treasure - enjoy!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Lovely unique faceting (very bright stone!) and the photos that show it off are so nice! The packaging too is special. I really like the star you can see in the center!

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
That star is one of the coolest facet patterns!! Thanks for sharing the brand backstory!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a lovely diamond! The faceting is beautiful and unique.

What a find to come with all its paperwork and documentation. Very special!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super pretty & classy! I have never seen a facet pattern like that before & it stunning!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an amazing treasure you have found, so unique and beautiful!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It’s stunning! Congratulations on an amazing find! What a beauty!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a treasure! But then again, not surprising that it found its way into your collection!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada , I bet you felt like a little kid at Christmas when you received this ring! WOW what a rare find. The ring, the diamond, the facet pattern and the box are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty. I’m so happy for you! I love PS threads like this one.

Forgot to add that your photos are incredible.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @marymm, opening everything was like Christmas so much fun and thrilling!

@elizat I thought it was bright too but I'm not color sensitive at all, even in a dark room it is white and bright, pretty amazing. The star is more prominent in pictures than in real life but its still pretty cool.

@alltheflorals, you know I had no idea who Garrard was until I started doing some research prior to purchase, I wasn't sure how many people had heard of them, I think possibly some of our U.K. members would be more in the know.

@RunningwithScissors, I imagine whoever owned this prior thought it was special enough to take such good care of it, who knows maybe it has been in a safety deposit box all this time.

@oncrutchesrightnow I thought so too, pretty cool how these diamond cutters can create literal art within a diamond. The cuts Cerulean mentioned are amazing examples.

@Alex T, thanks so much, my husband asked if the diamond was natural because he wasn't aware they could be cut this way and he thought it must not be real :lol-2:

@Sparkles88 thank you so much! From the seller's photos I did not have much hope but there was a return policy and sometimes you have to take a chance.

@PreRaphaelite thank you so much, you know typically I'm an old cut person (you know how it is) but sometimes you have to branch out a little.

@stracci2000, she does and I realized after I took the picture that the corgi sheets were on the bed :lol:

Aw thanks @nala you are too sweet, it is definitely an honor to have this piece for sure.

Thanks so much @Calliecake, iPhone 11 Pro for the pictures since I have zero experience with a real camera so the camera gets all the credit really. It's funny because when I bought this I was prepared for something to be amiss, like the girdle won't be inscribed, it will get lost in the mail etc. Like I couldn't be this lucky but then I guess I was after all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome! You find great stuff!

cheers--Sharon

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @canuk-gal, the hunt is definitely part of the fun in finding treasures.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, isn't that the most charming box!!! And the diamond is exquisite! Congratulations on finding such a beauty! Loved seeing from Garrard.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yada, another great find! :love:
I really dig this star cut 'Eternal' and I don't think I've ever seen one before.
The Garrard box is also adorable and evokes a bit of the iconic call box, don't you think?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, the box is so sweet but funny thing….I couldn’t figure out how to open it! Considered looking on YouTube but then I tried just gently sliding the leather bow and the little sides popped open. Did get a laugh out of that though.

@ItsMainelyYou, a call box yes! The eternal cut is exclusive to Garrard not unlike Tiffany’s branded cuts, so that’s probably why you haven’t seen one. I also had never seen this cut or the other amazing cuts I discovered while trying to research this one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some hand shots, now this ring is a size 6 and I wear an 8. I was curious to see this actually on to see how a 5mm would look on my giant finger. So a little soap and water and I squeezed it on for some pictures.

Okay running to get it off now while I still can!

8E7D1675-25DA-46AB-B73B-F91802770E92.jpeg

D6896150-9356-42D4-AC1A-899816F3CC18.jpeg

56C67521-ADF1-4A44-AB26-14CD514F141A.jpeg

4ED72A33-6B04-4F8D-9548-695EBDEB68E0.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course there has to be the one stray dog hair, maybe I should make that my signature look, it may already be anyways!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty @YadaYadaYada! Love the box, and the ring and diamond are beautiful. Love it on you. So special to have a piece from Garrard! Wonderful find!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @junebug17! The box is really a winner, so well made and fun to open (once you know how lol!) I also enjoyed getting to really wear it for a bit today, getting it off was another story.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely and special piece! I love that it has a unique cut!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just love this picture @YadaYadaYada ! I think it looks classy as hell on you and this is the money shot. I really like it’s presence on you!!

ETA the second shot I enlarged and can clearly see the star faceting! Very cool!

PS may I also comment on your beautiful skin and full lips! Very pretty shot!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks @Slick1 you are too sweet. My skin has come a long way since giving up gluten, my rosacea has really cleared up in less than two months. It has better presence than I was expecting to be honest.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great on you! Like if it was custom made for your lovely hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results