shape
carat
color
clarity

a diversion :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
at the moment, i''m having my engagement ring re-set with larger side stones, i''m having a gold band remade from my original wedding band, james meyer is making me a new platinum wedding band, and we''re talking about having a ring of my mother''s reset for our 25th anniversary in september....

BUT!

i''ve been waiting. and waiting. and looking at all your new beautiful rings....

and i decided i needed INSTANT GRATIFICATION!

so i bid on this little ring as something to pass the time. i umm''d and ahh''d about which forum to put this in, since it does have pearls in it, but decided that the sapphires were predominant, and that this was the place for rings. so here we are...

pearl and sapphire c.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! Are they your and hubby''s birthstones?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
wow packrat!! i didnt realize it - but - yes! they are! i''m june and he''s september! wow! ~ doubly special now!

thanks!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love that! My birthstones is ruby and my fiance''e is pearl. I''ve wondered so many times about having a ring like that made. Now I know it can be done! Please post handshots when you get it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, and I love that it has both you and your DH''s birthstones!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is really incredibly pretty!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooo!!!! Very pretty!!! Do you have any idea on the age of it?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful ring
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Very fun!
36.gif

JuliaV

Rough_Rock
Such a pretty ring!
30.gif

Blue Sapphire is my second favorite stone. I''m so jealous that is is your birthstone,
26.gif
j/k, I am just not really fond of mine, ruby.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty!
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitby, what a gorgeous diversion!!! I love that you didn''t even realize those were you and your husband''s birthstones--what a stroke of luck!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s gorgeous I can''t wait to see RL pics!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very special, beautiful ring. Enjoy your distraction, I''d like a little distraction like that myself. ;-)

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks Kelli, Diamond*Dana, LaraOnline, FrekeChild, diamondrnglover, geckodani, JuliaV, gaby06, Catmom, monarch64, Porridge, princessplease, makemepretty and SanDiegoLady (this is an excellent way of learning all the names of you ladies on Pricescope! whew!)

i will definitely post handshots of all of them when i get ANYthing! i have 2 things coming from online vendors and 4 more rings currently away with jewelers - being either made from scratch, or tweaked. but in my actual HAND? nothing! sending me mental! the next few weeks should see a flood of things tho - YAY!

FrekeChild - they listed the age as 1930, and that''s how it looks to me. pearls + gems were a common design combo back then, so it fits with what i expected. i have a broken bangle that was my mother''s that has rubies and pearls (there ya go, Kelli - rubies and pearls!)

i really like the texture of it - the way the pearls protrude more than the sapphires, giving it an ''in-out-in-out-in-etcetc'' look in profile. and the heavy gold setting, to me, is like looking at the pearls protruding through the opening of clams - like they''re just emerging from their beds!

SanDiegoLady - come to NY and i''ll happily share :D i couldnt believe i hadn''t noticed they were our birthstones till packrat mentioned it!

for anyone who is interested, there is actually one other small story behind this ring...

i''m writing a series of childrens stories for young teens. the books are based on color - each book addressing one color from red, blue, yellow and green. when i finished the red book, which was the first book, my husband bought me a small ring with a heart - shaped from princess cut rubies - with diamonds around it. since the red in the first book represented the blood of the king in the book (and his noble heart), a red heart ring was perfect.

i am now working on book 2 and should finish it in the next few months. it''s the blue book and is all set underwater. so my husband has been planning on getting me ''a blue ring''. but, like the first ring where we managed to work in a heart as extra symbolism, this blue ring has pearls, too - extra symbolism for this second story which is set underwater.

i am spoiled beyond belief. i know it. :)

and here''s one more photo - from the dealer''s online site

pearl and sapphire d.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really can''t wait to see it whitby! I''m fascinated by this idea of gemstones and sapphires...And I''m diggin'' the antique vintage thing right now because of naughty people who put ideas in my head. I hope you get it soon.

Do you have an ETA?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, sounds like it was meant to be since it''s both your birthstones
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, can''t wait to see it!!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitby your new ring is lovely, sweet and very romantic! and hey, never feel guilty about a little diversion. After the last six or seven months with our economy and all the bad news, a little diversion is good for the soul and can make us smile
1.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild, MMT, Tuckins1 and gemgirl - thank you for your lovely comments!

FrekeChild - i have a number of antique pieces - not a whole lot, but a few - which i love dearly and which give me much pleasure. i used to *only* wear antique pieces, but as i got older, my range grew - *ahem!* - ''wider''! :D gems and pearls are used so often in old jewelry - i just love the combination! the seller i bought it from (Dover Jewelry, i think it was) only ships tuesday - thursday, so i''m not expecting to have it before friday next week. why is everything so sloooooooow?!?! (i can''t wait to see it either, Tuckins1!)

MMT, i''m sure it was meant to be! and - to be honest - it was such a good price, even if it *wasn''t*, it really didn''t make a lot of difference!

and gemgirl - i''m with you on the economy - what a mess it all is right now! but i''m pretty sure i''ll feel better about it....wearing my new ring :)

have a great weekend, ladies!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring. Doubly special since it''s your birthstones.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
wow that ring is really really unique.
I love it

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
That''s beautiful! If we did that it would be peridot and sapphire... I just can''t see that being pretty! LOL!

Congrats on all the other stuff... can''t wait to see it too!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....what a very special ring!!!

Lori

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an unusual ring. Very pretty pairing of the pearls and sapphires. I can''t wait to see it on your hand!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 10:17:52 PM
Author: packrat
So pretty! Are they your and hubby''s birthstones?

wow! special meaning! that''s too cool. really pretty!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Love this look!!! So unique and elegant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results