whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful :love::love::love:

Are you able to take the pendant off the chain? Just curious

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I appreciate all your kind comments so very much! I am sorry I don't have time now to thank each of you personally, but I will try to reply to the questions!

It is stunning DS!! Please, please, post at least one neck shot!! What are the overall dimensions of the piece?

I am :lol: that you still have your family stone, which was what you were looking to set in the first place!

I know, I know!!!! My poor family stone! :lol: Thank you...you know how much I love your pendant and it would have been soooo easy to just copy it! However, I took a shot at letting Caysie design something new, and she did such a great job. Maybe my original stone might end up in something similar to yours! :lol: I will try to get a neck shot tomorrow!

The engraved octagonal part is about 15mm to the outer edges, and the tips of the NESW pieces make it about 18mm.

Beautiful, @diamondseeker2006! Gorgeous attention to detail and definitely another heirloom piece by Caysie! For my own information, can you pls tell me how long this took from start to finish? I want to get a handle on what to expect.

Thank you so much! We can't count the time on this one because the design took awhile and I held it up deciding on the stone. Then I ended up getting them to replace the clasp on my chain, because I was worried it was too flimsy for the weight of the pendant. But she just recently made my daughter's new engagement ring in 8 weeks from the date the CADs were approved. The pendant was already ready but I told Caysie to hold onto the pendant and send them at the same time. So it is possible for something to be done in 8 weeks, but my projects often take longer for various reasons, mainly because of me holding things up with my indecision!

It’s absolutely magnificent! I love the details! Would love to see neck shots. I can’t tell the dimension of the pendant. Is it similar size to the VCA magic Alhambra onyx you had for a short time?

Thanks! It is smaller than the Magic pendant which is about 1 inch or 25mm, I believe. This is about 18mm at the tips of the NESW pieces. So it's larger than a Vintage Alhambra clover, but smaller than the Magic. I'll try to remember to take a picture next to my gold VA bracelet tomorrow as that should help people visualize size.

That is stunning!!!! Congrats!

What ended up happening to the AVR???

Thank you!!! I actually traded for the larger OEC. I wish I could have kept both, and I am still considering that idea. It's just a dilemma because I still have the .80 family stone to set!

It’s beautiful :love::love::love:

Are you able to take the pendant off the chain? Just curious

Thank you! No, I had it made so it would not come off the chain. I figured it was more secure that way. The chain actually goes through the top of the pendant. The bezels don't let the pendant slip off the chain when I take it off.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gah, I love it! So much detail, but somehow simple and not fussy at the same time. Definitely an heirloom piece!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's beyond gorgeous!! What a phenomenal piece to hand down to future generations. Amazing! :love:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:Absolutely divine absolutely divine pendant, what a fabulous design and definitely a future heirloom.
You must feel so special wearing it, it’s wonderful. Enjoy

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much! I find neck shots harder than ear shots, but here's the best one I could get! I tried to make the pendant be in focus, but it was not easy! The pendant is the perfect size, to me. It is big enough to be seen, yet it could be worn daily if the person dressed nicely for work. It's too much for my daily ultra-casual attire, but I look forward to wearing it when I go out somewhere!

CVB pendant 6.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much! I find neck shots harder than ear shots, but here's the best one I could get! I tried to make the pendant be in focus, but it was not easy! The pendant is the perfect size, to me. It is big enough to be seen, yet it could be worn daily if the person dressed nicely for work. It's too much for my daily ultra-casual attire, but I look forward to wearing it when I go out somewhere!

CVB pendant 6.JPG

Thanks for the picture! Giving it size perspective makes all the difference! It is the perfect size and looks fabulous on you. I love the chain with it too - just enough without overpowering the pendant. A truly beautiful piece of jewelry - wear it with great enjoyment!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful @diamondseeker2006! :love: Gorgeous diamond and such a pretty design. It really is the perfect size as well - enjoy it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Lord that is simply breathtaking!! The detail work like usual from her is sheer perfection. I absolutely love it!!!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I have a small .80 ct. mrb family diamond that was recut a few years ago, and last year I determined I would set it in a special pendant to give it a little more heirloom status, so I sent to to Caysie to design a setting for me. I showed her several pendants that I liked, but none were exactly what I wanted. I loved the original design she drew so much, that I eventually decided to change to an antique style diamond as it would be more appropriate for the setting! First I bought an AVR second hand that was about the same size. But then Caysie found an H VVS OEC that was almost 1 ct and faced up .3mm larger, so I decided to upgrade to that larger diamond to really make the pendant perfect! So my family stone is still in it's simple bezel setting awaiting a final destination! :lol:

These are all Caysie's pictures as I haven't had the chance to take any yet (and it may be a few months because we are wedding planning for our youngest!). The chain is a platinum DBTY from Whiteflash that I already had. The pendant is solid platinum from top to bottom with beautiful engraving (look familiar @yennyfire ?). It certainly qualifies as a true heirloom and one of my very favorite pieces of jewelry! I am very thankful to have another beautiful piece from Caysie!

CVB Pendant 2.JPG

CVB pendant 1.JPG

CVB pendant 3.jpg

CVB pendant 4.jpg

CVB pendant 5.jpg

:shock: :love: :love: :love:

WOW!!!! That piece is amazing! Thanks for sharing!!!!

I’m love the fact that this started as a project for the family mrb but has turned into a completely new heirloom piece! Lmao!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! OMG I love it. Looks so nice on you as well. Perfect fit! :clap:

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Wow - this is perfection. Spectacularly executed! Caysie is an absolute artist. And the chain you provided seals the deal. I love it. :love::love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The pendant looks beautiful on you! :love::love::love:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just WOW WOW WOW!!!! This necklace is just beyond amazing in every single way!!!! The details are so exquisite!!! The oec is fantastic too! What is the diameter on the oec? Congrats on such an amazing new piece. It really has so much presence in the neckshot. I want one so badly lol. I also love the chain that you put it on, what a great idea. It's the perfect combo.

Last edited:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I opened this thread and passed out a little when I saw the picture. This is beautiful, amazing, spectacular! :love: You have a great eye for style.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another amazing piece!! WOW, the details on the pendant, absolutely breathtaking!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Jan!!! I adore what you guys came up with!! It really is the perfect size in terms of ability to wear as an everyday piece and also dress up. Those are my favorite types of pieces ;)2. Although I recently met a jeweler who wears all her amazing pieces whether she's dressed up or in sweats and I really admire that attitude and wearability!! The oec really ties the piece together. Have you thought about gifting your RB to one of your daughters? But since there's only one diamond that may be unfair :P2.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is one of the most beautiful pendants I've ever seen!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Sooooooo gorgeous! Caysie has my emerald right now and we are working on a reset. Maybe I need to “hire you”to help me :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, such very sweet comments!!! Thank you all so much!

Just WOW WOW WOW!!!! This necklace is just beyond amazing in every single way!!!! The details are so exquisite!!! The oec is fantastic too! What is the diameter on the oec? Congrats on such an amazing new piece. It really has so much presence in the neckshot. I want one so badly lol. I also love the chain that you put it on, what a great idea. It's the perfect combo.

Thanks, goldenfire! The OEC is 6.3mm.

Beautiful Jan!!! I adore what you guys came up with!! It really is the perfect size in terms of ability to wear as an everyday piece and also dress up. Those are my favorite types of pieces ;)2. Although I recently met a jeweler who wears all her amazing pieces whether she's dressed up or in sweats and I really admire that attitude and wearability!! The oec really ties the piece together. Have you thought about gifting your RB to one of your daughters? But since there's only one diamond that may be unfair :P2.

Yeah, I just had to do the OEC in this design. It just would not have been the same with a RB. My intent was to give this pendant (with the RB) to my older daughter eventually (she has little ones at the moment and not too interested in jewelry), and I would have wanted to make another pendant for my other daughter anyway (and she loves this one). So I probably will make a different style pendant with the RB and each will be given one for a big birthday, perhaps! I am hoping to see something new from YOU before too long, as well!!!! I need an update!!!!

Sooooooo gorgeous! Caysie has my emerald right now and we are working on a reset. Maybe I need to “hire you”to help me :love:

Ahhh!!!! How awesome to have her reset the emerald, too!!!! I am sure you and Caysie don't need my help at all, but honestly, projects are so much fun! I need to help other people because I can't keep buying diamonds for all my imaginary projects! :lol: I don't even wear the ones I have very often! But that's why I stick around here...plenty of other people's projects to follow! Can't wait to see yours!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 I must say this one word: Exquisite.

What a phenomonal piece DS, it's unique, it's bling blingalicious and it's totally classic. Wear it happily and congratulations.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this thread! The pendant is divine!!! I can't wait to see it on its new chain with the bigger stones! It's going to be memorable, and blinding.

You created a beautiful thing.... :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results