shape
carat
color
clarity

"A Cut Above" in I colour

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 7:42:05 PM
Author:Harriet
I'm interested in this one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-72088.htm

Do you think it will be white?
Don't be ridiculous. It will be perfectly yellow. ewww (shay 37 counts change frantically dialing Whiteflash) Rats, I don't have enough in my petty cash DH won't kill me fund.
27.gif

Just kidding. I think that's it's making me drool. If you are concerned about its color (can show a little in larger diamonds) then talk to WF. They will be very honest with you. They are good people. If you're not happy, they're not happy. You can trust them to tell you the straight skinny. Personally, i think that color is very subjective, but I would risk it for that baby. WOW!!!!

shay

Edited: for spelling as usual

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aside from colour, what do you think of the stone?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a stunning diamond. The cut is perfection. I have an ideal cut I H&A (much smaller though). I can''t see color. It''s also been said (by me) that I can''t see color. I believe one of our PSers has a 4.02 ct I that she bought from WF. She says it is gorgeous, and I don''t believe that the color bothers her.

Again, having said the above, color is subjective. If you compare a diamond I in color next to a D, you will see color. (most people) Some will be able to detect much smaller differences say between an F and an H. I am not one of those people. I compared an F to my I (same size) and could not see a difference no matter how hard I tried. Others here are much more color sensitive. Ask WF how it faces up. (how white) Ask them about from the side (what an average person might see). I once heard someone say that it''s the dif of an 8 oz. glass of water with one drop of coffee added.

shay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I color is that borderline color where some people can''t detect the color and others it clearly bothers. So it would totally depend on your own tolerance for color. If it were for me, I''d probably go down a carat in size and up in color. But I think that looks like an outstanding stone and I think it would be WONDERFUL for someone on PS to get it! (So we can see pictures!!!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not for one second hesitate to get this stone. (As a matter of fact if I didn't already have my current stone I'd absolutely buy it myself.
2.gif
)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shay,
Are there pictures of the 4.02 I?

DeeJay,
I''m waiting to see if Whiteflash brings in new inventory for Christmas. I''d like an H of similar specs if possible.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
let me hunt for you.

shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Here is the link link

HTH

shay

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Too bad it doesn''t have a little blue flourescence to help out the color. It looks amazing apart from the color. The cut is beautiful! The arrows are just the right size, IMO, not too skinny or too fat. But in that size I would definitely trade down in size for a better color if that stone is indeed visibly tinted. OTH, we have several PSers with Js that swear by them. I personally would go down a half a carat for a G color. It''s too big for me (perish the thought!) so I''d go up in color if that were my budget.

But you know what, if my hubby, fiance, significant other, gave that diamond to me, I''m sure I could find it in my heart to be happy with it
emwink.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Thanks! Want help me hunt for a diamond too?
emotion-5.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Sure, if we can play swappies for an hour.
2.gif
jk If you're looking for something in that size, and you're still unsure of the color after talking to WF, you have yet another couple of options. You can have them ship it to an independent appraiser in your area so that you can see it for yourself.

You can chunk the whole idea of an I, and ask them to find you an H with those specs.

shay

ETA: Solange, forgive me for misstating the specs off the top of my head. I downsized you. My bad.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a 5.5. So, maybe I can go down in size.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I wear just under 5.5, and I'll tell you honestly, I think 2.5 carats would be very generous on my finger. I'd personally go G-H in color. But you might want to take a look at that I stone just to be sure!

(ETA: Shay, your ring is SO pretty!!!!)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYLANTA!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

That diamond looks FANTASTIC, I think it will be gorgeously whitewhitewhite and if I were in the market (and had $48K to spend!) I would SO OWN it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Still *swooning*...

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
Harriet,

I have a 2.5 K/VS2 from Whiteflash ES selection and love it
30.gif
I also wear a 5.5.
I think this stone is beautifully huge. If my budget allowed, I''d trade in my K for this.
Please post pics if you decide to get it.

Lyn

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 9:06:40 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Harriet, I wear just under 5.5, and I''ll tell you honestly, I think 2.5 carats would be very generous on my finger. I''d personally go G-H in color. But you might want to take a look at that I stone just to be sure!

(ETA: Shay, your ring is SO pretty!!!!)
thank you, DS. that''s so sweet of you to say.

shay

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
this is what I think!!
18.gif

I think this thread can help you
34.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what your tolerance for color is? Have you had other stones that you loved in a particular color? You can always get it and see for yourself and take lots of pics for us!!! (not being selfish at all...
9.gif
)

a

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet - it''s a beauty thats for sure, but in such a large diamond it is entirely possible you might notice some colour in an I - but as Seeks and Shay - Hiya Shay!
35.gif
say, it is up to the individual''s tolerance for colour. It might be plently white enough for you, especially from the top, then again it might not be...Asl the WF team more about the colour and how it looks.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 4:14:42 AM
Author: Lorelei
Harriet - it''s a beauty thats for sure, but in such a large diamond it is entirely possible you might notice some colour in an I - but as Seeks and Shay - Hiya Shay!
35.gif
say, it is up to the individual''s tolerance for colour. It might be plently white enough for you, especially from the top, then again it might not be...Asl the WF team more about the colour and how it looks.
35.gif
Right back at you, Lorelei.

shay

susi

Shiny_Rock
Hello, Harriet.....I have the same ring size 5.5 and my stone is 3.17 I color. It is a Hearts on Fire brand and it is very very white because of the excellent cut and I'm feeling that when you talk to WhiteFlash, ask them how the stone you're considering faces up colorwise....if the cut is as good or better than my HOF, then their ACA will be really white
36.gif

My HOF I color is also whiter than my E color graded 1.44 ct Lazare Kaplan. It's also whiter than the ring in my avatar on the left which is color graded F, which may be an unfair comparison, as this is not a RB, but, rather, a Lucida.

Cut is king....and in the white diamonds color is graded face down, is my understanding.

HOF below.....not a great pic but IFL it amazes me with it's white light return.

1hof.JPG

susi

Shiny_Rock
...one more.....pics aren''t very clear but I hope they are of some help
1.gif

1hof3.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is gorgeous, Susi!!
30.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Suzi you have an amazing collection. That HOF is just beautiful!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will probably have to view some other well cut I''s to decide. Or have this one sent to you. Color is very personal. My friend can easily see color in stones that I can barely see color in. I viewed 3 stones that were I together. The one without fluor looked tinted compared to the ones with fluor. Can you view this one? It could be a high I color and not show much color.
21.gif

Susi - Thanks for sharing. Your ring is stunning!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a tough decision with a diamond this size. If it were 2 carats or under I would definitely say go for it since there are some very very white and bright looking J''s here around that size. However, as the diamond gets bigger you will see a little more color. It will be fine face up, but you might be able to see some warmth from the side. I don''t think it would bother me at all, but I''m not as picky about color as some are.

All in all though, I say go for it. This diamond is really a winner and the price jump to an H would be a lot of money for a very small difference in color. I would probably get it and see how much it bothers me. WF also has a very liberal upgrade policy if you wanted to change it for a more colorless stone in a year or two.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for putting in the link to my ring, Shay. My Whiteflash 4.10 I color is not H&A but it looks white enough for me. I love the size and was willing to go down in color and clarity to get it. Since it is well cut, it is very bright and sparkly.

I am sure Whiteflash will guide you in the right direction and you will be thrilled to have such a gorgeous stone in that large size. I am under the impression that H&A stones are hard to get when you approach the 3 carat and over size. If Whiteflash rates it so highly, it must be a winner. Good luck whatever you decide.

nittanyfan

Rough_Rock
Hi Harriet!!!

I think this diamond looks AMAZING!!!!! I hope you get it so we can see pics!!!
36.gif

I recently got a gorgeous diamond thats 3.11 carats, AGS 0/0/0, I color, SI1. (I''m really going to post pics soon- I just got proposed to two weeks ago!!).

It''s set in a high 6 prong solitaire, so you see the entire diamond. It definitely faces up white, but I can see a hint of color from the side in certain lighting (in some lighting- I can''t see any). For me, the choice came down to size over color. I was also considering a 2.5 carat, AGS 0/0/0, H color, but once I held the two next to each other, I passed on the H almost immediately. I would absolutely make the same decision again. Now I''m embracing the fact that it is an I- the hint of color gives it some warmth, and it put this amazing size in my budget, so I''m loving it!

I think it comes down to what your priorities are, what your particular tolerance level is, and what you can be "mentally" ok with. Also, if you''re really concerned about color, you could try a setting that blocks the side of the stone more.

Good luck with your decision- that diamond really does look like a beauty!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results