shape
carat
color
clarity

A couple of goodies arrived from David Klass today - CBI halo ring and OEC brooch to pendant conversion

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I finally have my CBI halo ring in its finished state back from DK after having some polishing issues fixed and of course the brouhaha over a nasty person using photos of my ring to sell her ring on LT. I've put all this behind me, and now I'd like to share the story of how this ring came into being.

Almost ten years ago, I purchased a 1 ct. CBI which I had to sell soon after because my husband's illness caused him to lose his job. Fast forward to last summer when I went to Boise for the HPD GTG which rekindled my love for CBIs and the spectacular service that @Wink Jones offers his customers. I knew then that I wanted to get back into the CBI family, I just didn't know when I'd be able to. In March, I decided I could part with my 1.72 J AVR so that I could purchase the 1.64 K SI1 CBI that had just come up on the site which I understand was previously owned by @matt_k. @Winks_Elf Melissa at HPD was beyond patient with me while I was going through the process of selling one stone and buying another. I can't thank her enough for putting up with all my crazies.For the setting, I kept going back to the halo design that my MRB moissanite had been set in (the one that ended up for sale again on LT) so I decided to go with that style but have DK put his lovely millegrain on all the edges and set the CBI with claw prongs.

The other goodie is an OEC brooch that I had DK convert to a pendant. I think there are about 2 cttw of diamonds, but I'm not completely sure. The brooch came from my favorite secondhand jewelry store, and I knew I had to have it when I saw those twinkly little OECs. I tried wearing it as a brooch but realized I'd wear it more as a pendant. The top is platinum and the underneath is 18K yellow gold, so now I need to decide what color chain I should get.

I've attached a few photos of each. I'll try to get the shots of the pendant on a chain another day. Thanks for reading all of this!
top view.jpg
three quarter view.jpg
side view.jpg
warm view.jpg
cloudy view.jpg
vertical.jpg
top.jpg
loop.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg GLORIOUS!!!! That K is incredible, and the setting is to die for.

L

lydial

Wow! Great workmanship! Great diamonds!!!! My CBI K is “going back” because I am “upgrading” to a 3ct I. Too bad you have your forever ring or you could be tempted to upgrade your stone!!! My K shows no significant tint, ever, face up. I wonder if it will re-grade J.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Both pieces are gorgeous. Well done. Happy for you to enjoy for a long time.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful. I love me a warm diamond.
I hope it brings joy, sparkly sparkly joy!
I love the pendant conversion as well and would love to see it modeled with a really cool antique style chain.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Great workmanship! Great diamonds!!!! My CBI K is “going back” because I am “upgrading” to a 3ct I. Too bad you have your forever ring or you could be tempted to upgrade your stone!!! My K shows no significant tint, ever, face up. I wonder if it will re-grade J.
Don't be so sure! I might go up in color one day, or recreate the whole thing for a bigger stone! :Up_to_something: I wouldn't object to a 2+ ct. in this setting. My K does show tint as you can see by the photos. Depends on the light and the angle of viewing. I'm excited that you're upgrading to a 3 ct. I!! That will be something to see!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both pieces are gorgeous. Well done. Happy for you to enjoy for a long time.
Thank you!!
So beautiful. I love me a warm diamond.
I hope it brings joy, sparkly sparkly joy!
I love the pendant conversion as well and would love to see it modeled with a really cool antique style chain.
Thank you! I'm loving the sparkle! Oh, and good idea about the antique style chain. I'll have to look for one!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
* Oh!
Would you please make a short video of your CBI in action? Pretty please? I've yet to see one in person so it's the closest thing, ya know?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@Starfacet I love the CBI (as you know) but that pendant!!! It's going to be spectacular!! :kiss2:

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces! Your ring is exquisite.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my, SO stunning!!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
They are stunning pieces! Show us shots of the new pendant on a chain soon!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Your CBI in that halo is gorgeous, as is your lovely brooch.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner & I am SO glad you were able to get another CBI - it's amazing & looks perfect on you!

The pendant feels so romantic. Can't wait to see neck shots when you find the right chain :kiss2:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness--I love your stone and the setting is perfect for it! Would love to see what the pendant looks like as well.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. I love your new ring and pendant. DK does such beautiful work. Amazing!!
Wear them both in much happiness.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces - enjoy them both!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ❤️❤️❤️ Both pieces are stunning. Wear in good health and blingy joy.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
783E8CC4-1763-4403-A162-E9EA31DDE04A.gif

Your CBI is incredible. The sparkle overload, in your video is a sight to behold. :love:
I was shocked when you sold your OEC but I totally get it now. Wowza!

The broach to pendant conversion looks gorgeous too. I’d love to see pics of it on a chain.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces!!! More pics of the pendant on your neck when you get them, please!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just beautiful jewelry, the CBI diamonds are fantastic, your stone is fantastic and the conversion is perfect, congratulations!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Both are just gorgeous! Love the way you changed the brooch into a pendant!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner & I am SO glad you were able to get another CBI - it's amazing & looks perfect on you!

The pendant feels so romantic. Can't wait to see neck shots when you find the right chain :kiss2:
Thank you! I'm super happy that one became available in my budget! I'll do neck shots here real soon!

Oh my goodness--I love your stone and the setting is perfect for it! Would love to see what the pendant looks like as well.
Thanks! Pics soon!

So beautiful. I love your new ring and pendant. DK does such beautiful work. Amazing!!
Wear them both in much happiness.
Thank you! DK did a great job, even if it took a little while.

Beautiful pieces - enjoy them both!!
Thank you, I will!

Gorgeous ❤❤❤ Both pieces are stunning. Wear in good health and blingy joy.
Thanks @missy! I'll wear them in quarantine with pride! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results