carat
color
clarity

A Catch All Thread for SMTB

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
Oh AJ, excuses excuses :devil:
Re toe rings - ebay specials! We'll have to see how they turn out...

apparently I should have it tomorrow - do you think it is okay to stay home from work in order to wait for a package... ;-) :bigsmile:

I hope your ebay specials turn out to your liking!

SparklyOEC said:
@ AJ: I've been following your OEC thread and am dying to see how it turned out. I'm sooo excited for you!

I'm waiting to see if SingleStone can modify one of their settings for an OEC and use rose cut diamond melee instead of single cut and, of course, a quote. The setting on their website has single cut melee with a rose cut center stone, but don't want to give up my OEC. ha ha.

Hi sparkly,
thanks lovey!

Your SS idea sounds so pretty, do let us know how it goes ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:

apparently I should have it tomorrow - do you think it is okay to stay home from work in order to wait for a package... ;-) :bigsmile:

Oh, most definitely :bigsmile:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:

love it - enabling of the highest order :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:
arjunajane said:
Yssie said:

love it - enabling of the highest order :cheeky:

;)) always happy to help

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
A.J, just saw this and had to pop in and say how eagerly I am anticipating photos of your new ring!!! And you should definitely skive off work in order to take delivery of said ring - one must always have one's priorities in order!

Best thing is that I am (almost) in the same time zone as you this tomorrow you speak of really is tomorrow for me!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
softly softly said:
A.J, just saw this and had to pop in and say how eagerly I am anticipating photos of your new ring!!! And you should definitely skive off work in order to take delivery of said ring - one must always have one's priorities in order!

Best thing is that I am (almost) in the same time zone as you this tomorrow you speak of really is tomorrow for me!

I'm hoping AJ starts her thread in the afternoon when everyone in the US is still asleep so we will get the first look at the photos! :naughty:

AJ, can't wait to see the pics!! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane said:
gemgirl said:
Good idea AJ. I'm going to take some pics of my loose estate diamond and post it. I have plans for that one and I'm in the design stages of a custom pendant project now. That's with a different new diamond :).

How's your ring coming along?

Hey GG,
long time no chat! :wavey:

oohh, you've been busy - looking forward to seeing/hearing more about your estate diamond and custom pendant, please do post.

OEC Ring is all finished, and if I may so so is freakin fabulous! :love: It is really the most beautiful thing I will own, I couldn't have asked for it to come out any better, and the experience with RDG was exemplary.
I will have it early next week - woot!

I can't wait to see your new ring done and on your finger. I am SO excited for you! I'm looking forward to another mind blowing photo shoot!

My estate diamond.... I wanted a stone that was cut around the time that my parents dated and got engaged, so we found something that was cut in the late 40's or early 50's. I liked the stone because it was completely loupe clean (to my eye). I couldn't judge the color because it was in a white gold ugly mounting and the mounting covered a lot of the stone. I took it to GIA to be graded and it surprised me when it graded as a VG cut, modern brilliant. It's a J VS2 with only one inclusion (which I can't find) and a teeny tiny smooth natural that's hidden under the girdle. That stone will go into a custom mounting next year, but in the meantime, I'm looking for a very expensive mounting to pop it into so I can also enjoy wearing it now. I've never owned a solitaire, and it's temporary home will be in a solitaire mounting so I can make use of all my different diamond bands. Next year it will go into a custom halo. That halo will be similar to the pendant I'm creating now.

I've done my second set of sketches of my pendant halo and I'm faxing them to WF today. It will be different from anything that WF has done before. It's a different shape and something completely original. I got my inspiration from the outline of my Gene precision cut cushion tanzanite in my avatar. A cushion with pinched corners. I'm not doing a solitaire type pendant since I already own two, so I also designed a bail that will be pave'd. It should be beautiful when it's done. The stone is a pristine GIA certed G SI1 with only one white inclusion that I needed a 20x loupe to find. It's got great measurements for it's size. It's only .62 pts. but measures 5.55 x 5.59 because of it's 60% depth. When I found that stone I thought "I'm buying it and I'll figure out what to do with it later" because it was so nice. I should have the pendant in a month. It's me that's holding up the process. WF is being very patient with me while I get the shape of the halo just right, and I do want the halo "just right" because we're going to use that halo for my ring and then later down the road, for earring jackets :naughty: . You know me AJ, always in trouble! I've always got a plan.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stepcutgirl said:
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on wedding bands in early November and I'm waffling on bezel band or a really skinny prong set (maybe fishtail) eternity. I'm getting prices on the teeny fishtail eternity this week. It may be what ends up making the decision for me!

Either way SCG, you're going to wind up with a beautiful w-band. I want both myself, but I think my first will be a four prong per stone band from Yekutiel. I hope you'll be able to decide between all of your choices because they're all beautiful.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rosetta, that is awesome!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
gemgirl said:
stepcutgirl said:
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on wedding bands in early November and I'm waffling on bezel band or a really skinny prong set (maybe fishtail) eternity. I'm getting prices on the teeny fishtail eternity this week. It may be what ends up making the decision for me!

Either way SCG, you're going to wind up with a beautiful w-band. I want both myself, but I think my first will be a four prong per stone band from Yekutiel. I hope you'll be able to decide between all of your choices because they're all beautiful.

Thanks GG. You were quite a help this weekend when I was looking through Adwar. I should have the prices and info on the fishtail eternity tonight. My budget is quite limited so I won;t be surprised if it can;t be done with what I have. If it can be though....I will have quite a hard decision to make. You need to get the ID one soon!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have a few projects in the works that are a mix of colored stones and diamonds
1- A ring featuring my oval 2 ct plus pink sapphire from JKT- I think we will use diamonds in the basket.
2- Some diamond and pink tourmaline briolitte earrings (with a clover charm)
3-bezel set sunstone pendant (still working out the design of this and how to incorporate some more bling).
4-On the hunt for FCD (pale yellow) to put into a halo setting
5-On the hunt for a 3 ct plus cushion to replacement my 2ct RB.

I think that is it for now :Up_to_something:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
softly softly said:

I'm hoping AJ starts her thread in the afternoon when everyone in the US is still asleep so we will get the first look at the photos! :naughty:

sorry ladies, no ring today - shipping mixup :(sad

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621 said:
I have a few projects in the works that are a mix of colored stones and diamonds
1- A ring featuring my oval 2 ct plus pink sapphire from JKT- I think we will use diamonds in the basket.
2- Some diamond and pink tourmaline briolitte earrings (with a clover charm)
3-bezel set sunstone pendant (still working out the design of this and how to incorporate some more bling).
4-On the hunt for FCD (pale yellow) to put into a halo setting
5-On the hunt for a 3 ct plus cushion to replacement my 2ct RB.

I think that is it for now :Up_to_something:

Sarah, check the DBL site often for yellows. They always have new things.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stepcutgirl said:
gemgirl said:
stepcutgirl said:

Thanks GG. You were quite a help this weekend when I was looking through Adwar. I should have the prices and info on the fishtail eternity tonight. My budget is quite limited so I won;t be surprised if it can;t be done with what I have. If it can be though....I will have quite a hard decision to make. You need to get the ID one soon!

Oh I wish I could! but I have a couple of projects in the works already. I would call Yekutiel if I were you and just tell him exactly what you're looking for. He's such a nice man and a good number of us have done business with him already and have found him to be absolutely trustworthy. Besides being trustworthy, he really wants to see us Pricescopers happy with our purchases. If you told him what your budget is, I suspect he would create something for you if he doesn't have something close to your needs in stock. Just a thought, but we can talk about more options in the coming days :). There's a lot out there.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
softly softly said:

Oh how annoying! :(sad Hope you get it tomorrow A.J

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
softly softly said:

Aww :blackeye: tomorrow maybe? :bigsmile: and do you get to take tomorrow off too? :halo:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I am patiently (read:impatiently) waiting for the twin sister to the one stone I purchased for my studs last month to show up! I am trying to be patient and i knew there would be a wait to find the next one but the aussie $$ is doing soooo well right now i am terrified it is going to drop before the next one is found!

After the studs i am going to get a pendant, after that i am not too sure how long my DH's patience with this 'diamond thing' will last! :errrr:

How does everyone keep up with getting all the stuff they want without losing the patience of your respected loved ones?

I think he was hoping i would be done with diamonds after the wedding band... :Up_to_something:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do these look for a temporary setting for my diamond? I've sent the photos off to Yekutiel and asked him to find me something like these. I'd prefer the plain one since it's just a temporary home.

Novori12429R7.jpg

Unique Settings of NY ENR8932-3.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
arjunajane said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
softly softly said:

Aww :blackeye: tomorrow maybe? :bigsmile: and do you get to take tomorrow off too? :halo:
yup, supposed to be tmw, fingers crossed :!: I did stay home this morning, as it is one of the courier services that you need to pick up from all the way out at the airport if you miss it -but nope, want to be at work tmw so I will have to wait through the day plus than an after work appt, maybe 7pm until I get to come home to tear open my package! :shock:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
I am patiently (read:impatiently) waiting for the twin sister to the one stone I purchased for my studs last month to show up! I am trying to be patient and i knew there would be a wait to find the next one but the aussie $$ is doing soooo well right now i am terrified it is going to drop before the next one is found!

After the studs i am going to get a pendant, after that i am not too sure how long my DH's patience with this 'diamond thing' will last! :errrr:

How does everyone keep up with getting all the stuff they want without losing the patience of your respected loved ones?

I think he was hoping i would be done with diamonds after the wedding band... :Up_to_something:
he he, very good question H! I am fortunate that my Fi is pretty understanding and is cool with my habit as he knows it makes me happy, and I no longer spend a whole lot on clothes etc..for the most part though, unless it is a piece to mark an occasion in our relationship (or involves his funds like a gift) I usually keep the details to myself ;)) The only time he gets annoyed is when he has to answer the door really early for all my packages :lol: You sound like you have alot of plans on the boiler hon! Do you mind if I ask what the holdup is with finding the matching stud? (I'm sorry, I wasnt sure where you bought the first one from)-anything PSers can help with ? :naughty:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl said:
How do these look for a temporary setting for my diamond? I've sent the photos off to Yekutiel and asked him to find me something like these. I'd prefer the plain one since it's just a temporary home.
GG I prefer the second one too, it has nice clean lines.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane said:
gemgirl said:
GG I prefer the second one too, it has nice clean lines.

I'm going with Yekutiel to pick out a setting next week. Yay :bigsmile: ! Yep, clean lines. Classic design.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn AJ! I thought the eagle might have landed!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
SparklyOEC said:
mmmmmmmmm :lickout:

Thank you. I actually heard from Ari and he thought that OEC melee would look better with the OEC center stone, so we're thinking about it. I'm totally infatuated with rose cut diamonds right now, but don't necessarily want one as a center stone. :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparklyOEC said:
Yssie said:
SparklyOEC said:
mmmmmmmmm :lickout:

Thank you. I actually heard from Ari and he thought that OEC melee would look better with the OEC center stone, so we're thinking about it. I'm totally infatuated with rose cut diamonds right now, but don't necessarily want one as a center stone. :naughty:

Goodness, I've never heard of OEC melee! Though I'm not sure why I'm so surprised.. How large were you thinking for the stones?

It sounds scrumptious :bigsmile:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
SparklyOEC said:
@ AJ: I've been following your OEC thread and am dying to see how it turned out. I'm sooo excited for you!

I'm waiting to see if SingleStone can modify one of their settings for an OEC and use rose cut diamond melee instead of single cut and, of course, a quote. The setting on their website has single cut melee with a rose cut center stone, but don't want to give up my OEC. ha ha.

Hi sparkly,
thanks lovey!

Your SS idea sounds so pretty, do let us know how it goes ::)[/quote]

Thank you. I will...right now looking at the quote and melee options.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
arjunajane said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
softly softly said:

yup, supposed to be tmw, fingers crossed :!: I did stay home this morning, as it is one of the courier services that you need to pick up from all the way out at the airport if you miss it -but nope, want to be at work tmw so I will have to wait through the day plus than an after work appt, maybe 7pm until I get to come home to tear open my package! :shock:

Awwww...I was looking forward to seeing the pics tonight. I'm sure you were looking forward to receiving the ring. At least you have all of us diamond junkies to wait with you. :lol:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oldie but goodie had her first photo shoot this morning. I was trying to find something close to my mother's e-ring that was supposed to be left to me, but won't be because someone in my family took all of my parents things. My mom's was a high color one carat with strong flourescence. She enjoyed telling everyone she had a "blue-white" diamond, which is what they called diamonds with high flourescence in the 50's. This diamond is a little different, but at least it was cut around the same time period. The only real down side to this stone is a table you could skate on. It's huge! but then, technology and what was considered good quality was much different sixty years ago. GIA graded the cut as VG. I was surprised at that.

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Gemgirl The proportions of that stone are so interesting! It is very shallow. Must face up huge for weight? How are its optics? I bet it is a bright stone rather than firey.

@Rosetta :love: I am very glad you had BGD copy Yssies ring so that I can copy your ring when I get my own three-stone :Up_to_something:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
hawaiianorangetree said:

he he, very good question H! I am fortunate that my Fi is pretty understanding and is cool with my habit as he knows it makes me happy, and I no longer spend a whole lot on clothes etc..for the most part though, unless it is a piece to mark an occasion in our relationship (or involves his funds like a gift) I usually keep the details to myself ;)) The only time he gets annoyed is when he has to answer the door really early for all my packages :lol: You sound like you have alot of plans on the boiler hon! Do you mind if I ask what the holdup is with finding the matching stud? (I'm sorry, I wasnt sure where you bought the first one from)-anything PSers can help with ? :naughty:

Thanks for replying AJ! :wavey:

I think i may just have to gently remind my DH about the car obsession he went through about 4 years ago :Up_to_something: .. STI, XR6 turbo ute (with 2 engine replacements because he kept blowing them up!) and now the adventura which always seems to be getting a makeover of some sort! Thats wonderful your FI is very understanding about it all!

this is the stone i have got..

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104046146007

there have been a couple of contenders but the prices have been really high so Denise advised to wait until Brian returned from his trip and now that he is back i am just waiting and hoping there is something for me! I read that the dollar wont stay up there forever so now i really want to find the next one!!

I am checking SMTB religously to see if you have started a thread yet! I hope you are enjoying your new yummy! :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results