shape
carat
color
clarity

A brush with fame? Tell your story!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 6:57:32 PM
Author: Itgirl76
I have a lot of Star sightings because I travel a lot for work all over the place and because of who I work for here are some of them :)

1. Donatella Versace (she is rather unattracive and not aging well at all)
2. Noah Wyle (from ER or he used to be)
3. Matthew McConaughey (really nice!)
4. Sinbad
5. Oscar de la Hoya
6. Mike Tyson (I rode in an elevator with him....before the tattoo on his face)
7. The lady from that TV Show Married with Children she was the next door neighbor lady she complemented me on my look
8. Oprah (grocery shopping)
9. Nate Berkus (at an airport)
10. Jared from Subway (I sat next to him on a plane and he is quite unpleasant)
11. Alfre Woodard (Of Desprate Housewives-she was reall nice)
12. Nick Arrojo of What not to wear fame on several occasions (he is sooper nice :))
And he looks like he''d be such a nice guy on TV!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 9:44:58 AM
Author: marcyc
I was invited to a luncheon in Denver during the Democratic convention this year. I sat one chair over from Anderson Cooper during lunch. He was very polite and made a point to talk to everyone at our table (there were 8 of us including him) and asked them questions about their lives. He was so nice that after lunch when they were taking pictures I asked him if he minded having my picture taken with him. My parents love his show so I thought they''d be excited to have a picture of us together. He didn''t hesitate, said sure and we posed for a photo. He even put his arm around my back. Here is our picture. He was so nice.

mccnn2.jpg

ooo!!
the silver fox!!!

Me= super jealous!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I was invited to a luncheon in Denver during the Democratic convention this year. I sat one chair over from Anderson Cooper during lunch. He was very polite and made a point to talk to everyone at our table (there were 8 of us including him) and asked them questions about their lives. He was so nice that after lunch when they were taking pictures I asked him if he minded having my picture taken with him. My parents love his show so I thought they''d be excited to have a picture of us together. He didn''t hesitate, said sure and we posed for a photo. He even put his arm around my back. Here is our picture. He was so nice.

mccnn2.jpg
hehe Marcy. Have you posted that photo in ATW yet? I bet thing2, ebree, and others would be happy to see it!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 6:23:26 PM
Author: elrohwen
Omg, Haven, I'm so jealous! I
30.gif
Paul Rudd! I've had the biggest crush on him since Clueless. He just seems like such a cool and funny guy! He was on the Daily Show a few weeks ago and was just hilarious
1.gif

Lol.. I don't have any real brushes with fame, but one of my very good friends is Paul Rudd's cousin. I almost feel like I know him, I've heard lots of stories about him! Does that count?
28.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
HEHEHE!! Marcy, you look absolutely delighted in that picture!!

When my husband graduated from high school (back in the 70''s) he decided to drive across US with his high school buddy before getting really serious with career and life in general. One of the places they stopped was Palm Springs. That night they decided to go to a local bar there and was sitting at the bar when this nicely dressed lady sat with them and bought them both a few round of drinks.... Cloriis leachman!!

When she was on DWTS, I would tease him mercylessly..."Your old girl friend is on,... did you do her??.... was she that flexible when she was young...??" I went on and one. Poor man! But he did meet alot of different celebs because he did photography on the side, but mostly sports people.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ok.. so I have a few...
1. Paris Hilton- she had the BIGGEST feet in the world and is ubber annoying..
2. Ryan Cabrerra(sp?)- he was pretty cool it was right after him and ashley simpson broke up..
3. Chris Angel- was actually supposed to be on his show- filmed for it in vegas...
4. John Legend- came into a hotel I worked at.
5. Cast of Bring it on 4- came into a hotel I worked at... they were all pretty cool except for the guy... he was a DOUCHE bag! He was on one tree hill too... he thought he was sooo famous..he told the front office they needed to give him a different name on his room so fans couldnt find him.. hahaha and he used to come into the gym with no shirt on... LOSER
6. I know people who were on Beauty and the Geek.....
7. I know a bunch of playmates...

My FI knows Megan Fox (grrrr lol)

and ill have to think of more... :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2008 4:40:27 PM
Author: mochi
HEHEHE!! Marcy, you look absolutely delighted in that picture!!

When my husband graduated from high school (back in the 70''s) he decided to drive across US with his high school buddy before getting really serious with career and life in general. One of the places they stopped was Palm Springs. That night they decided to go to a local bar there and was sitting at the bar when this nicely dressed lady sat with them and bought them both a few round of drinks.... Cloriis leachman!!

When she was on DWTS, I would tease him mercylessly...''Your old girl friend is on,... did you do her??.... was she that flexible when she was young...??'' I went on and one. Poor man! But he did meet alot of different celebs because he did photography on the side, but mostly sports people.
Thanks Mochi. I always think of Young Frankenstein when I see Cloris Leachman. I love that movie.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just found out that my BIGGEST celebrity crush lives no more than 1.5 minutes' walk from my apartment!!
shocked.gif

He's about two (very small) blocks away. Trouble...
11.gif
9.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:52:18 PM
Author: musey
I just found out that my BIGGEST celebrity crush lives no more than 1.5 minutes'' walk from my apartment!!
shocked.gif

He''s about two (very small) blocks away. Trouble...
11.gif
9.gif

You aren''t going to say who??

Marcy-GREAT pic!!!

Also, so jealous Itgirl got to meet Nick Arrojo!! I love him!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from Vegas - I had Thanksgiving dinner at The Wynn. Tony Bennett and Steve Wynn were having dinner at the next table.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Mine are no big deal and some are ancient!

Recently in NYC, sat at the next dinner table of Diane Keaton. Her group was loud and the "F" word was heard quite often!

At the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas, our dinner table was next to Charles Barkley''s. Wow, he is tall.
Also that same week there was a celebrity poker tornament going on. I saw Michael Jordon and Michael Douglas.
Hubby and I shared an elevator with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. She was humming to herself, cute!

I used to see George Foreman all the time in my neighborhood, but he has moved in the past year or so.

I sat next to John Tish at a concert in Vegas.

Saw George Strait at a bait/tackle shop on the Texas coast. I know he has/had a house very close to my sister''s bay house there.

Stood next to Farrah Fawcett at a Dillards in Houston. We both were buying makeup. This was ages ago.

During college I worked as a Bridal Consultant at a now closed high end store in HOuston. One afternoon I was called over to the Couture dept.
to help Andy Williams and his girl friend. He even walked around with me picking things out for her. Very nice, both of them.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Husband has met:

Steve Harvey- Says he is nice, his hairline is very odd.

Sally Jesse Raphael- Her husband wears a beret and is "unique"

MC Hammer- Super Nice.

Bill Murray in NY with two young boys he thought were his kids.

Carmen Electra- Barely over 5 feet tall super nice.

Dave Navarre with Carmen about 4 years back in Key West- Also nice.

Jeff Goldblum- Nice, unpretentious.

My daughter and husband did some Japanese TV last year- Very corny competative eating. Funny as all heck. We are friends with Arnie Chapman from AICE in New York- he does those eating contest PR things and arranged the trip to Japan for them. Great fun.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:52:18 PM
Author: musey
I just found out that my BIGGEST celebrity crush lives no more than 1.5 minutes'' walk from my apartment!!
shocked.gif

He''s about two (very small) blocks away. Trouble...
11.gif
9.gif

Please tell!
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 10:06:37 AM
Author: joflier

I have a lot of Star sightings because I travel a lot for work all over the place and because of who I work for here are some of them :)

4. Sinbad
5. Oscar de la Hoya
7. The lady from that TV Show Married with Children she was the next door neighbor lady she complemented me on my look
12. Nick Arrojo of What not to wear fame on several occasions (he is sooper nice :))
The woman who basically trained me at my job is married to Jared''s PR guy (well, former PR guy as they moved away a couple of years ago). I never actually met him, but she''d tell me all sorts of stories about how he loved going out to bars and getting the owners to give him free drinks (apparently while on business trips with other Subway people). He didn''t sound like the most pleasant guy. Her husband did get ridiculous perks for being connected with him though!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 12:50:37 PM
Author: star sparkle

Date: 11/24/2008 6:23:26 PM
Omg, Haven, I''m so jealous! I
30.gif
Paul Rudd! I''ve had the biggest crush on him since Clueless. He just seems like such a cool and funny guy! He was on the Daily Show a few weeks ago and was just hilarious
1.gif

Lol.. I don''t have any real brushes with fame, but one of my very good friends is Paul Rudd''s cousin. I almost feel like I know him, I''ve heard lots of stories about him! Does that count?
28.gif
Star Sparkle, I''m jealous of you too!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 8:00:29 PM
Author: blondebunny
ok.. so I have a few...
2. Ryan Cabrerra(sp?)- he was pretty cool it was right after him and ashley simpson broke up..
3. Chris Angel- was actually supposed to be on his show- filmed for it in vegas...
5. Cast of Bring it on 4- came into a hotel I worked at... they were all pretty cool except for the guy... he was a DOUCHE bag! He was on one tree hill too... he thought he was sooo famous..he told the front office they needed to give him a different name on his room so fans couldnt find him.. hahaha and he used to come into the gym with no shirt on... LOSER

blondebunny, are you talking about michael copon? he''s that bad in IRL?? that''s too bad, i thought he was kinda cute but an attitude like that is a total turn off. i''m actually not surprised he acts like that though! sad.

this is a great thread, italia!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 8:00:06 PM
Author: sugar
Date: 11/29/2008 8:00:29 PM

Author: blondebunny

ok.. so I have a few...

blondebunny, are you talking about michael copon? he's that bad in IRL?? that's too bad, i thought he was kinda cute but an attitude like that is a total turn off. i'm actually not surprised he acts like that though! sad.

this is a great thread, italia!
ya he was ridiculous... everyone in hotel didnt like him... he seriously would act like he was the $h!t... it was quite annoying... I always thought he was cute but then after meeting him in person I was totally like ughhh... He would try to workout without his shirt on.. and I brought him the waiver he signed and told him he had to put it on and no one wanted to see him without his shirt on... he was just really cocky...total turn off!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Story from the UK.

Just before we moved to Canada we stayed in Corfe Castle in Dorset. They have a steam railway and a really old fashioned station. Jill Dando was there filming for the holiday program she used to present. She was absolutely lovely.

Years later and now living in Canada it saddened us enormously to hear that some moron had shot her just before she got married.

Not sure if this counts, but my son is having afternoon with Prince Charles in a couple of days. I did ask him if he could get someone to snap a photo (so I could post it!) and all I got in response was, "for God''s sake - behave!"

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock

mccnn2.jpg
Oh My god you know I am UBER jealous!!! He is sooo good looking....

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 3:39:30 PM

Date: 11/28/2008 10:06:37 AM
Author: joflier

4. Sinbad
5. Oscar de la Hoya
The woman who basically trained me at my job is married to Jared''s PR guy (well, former PR guy as they moved away a couple of years ago). I never actually met him, but she''d tell me all sorts of stories about how he loved going out to bars and getting the owners to give him free drinks (apparently while on business trips with other Subway people). He didn''t sound like the most pleasant guy. Her husband did get ridiculous perks for being connected with him though!
It was a few years ago and someone asked him for his autograph and he snubbed them...I really love the fact he is famous for being really large and losing weight by eating...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been blessed to have met many wonderful people in my life, especially the Hoi Poloi of the Jewelry industry, but my biggest celeb tv type person would have to be the night my wife and I had dinner with Judge Judy and her Husband.

This was before her TV career had taken off I believe, but she was a family court judge and her husband was a New York Supreme Court Justice at the time.

We were at a Club Med somewhere in Mexico and I had gone out fishing that day and caught a large mahi mahi. I took it to the kitchen to be served at dinner. There were large round tables that seated eight or ten and when the fish steaks, fried in garlic butter were brought out I took this huge platter around the dinning room offering them to anyone who would take one. Got a mixture of thank yous, no thank yous and some looks that clearly asked what the hell are you doing and why are you bothering me.

When I got back to the table we got into a serious conversation with Judge Judy and her husband that lasted for hours. They are both fascinating people and I remember loving it when she told us that some of the kids in her court room would try to piss on her leg and tell her it was raining, a variation of which became the title on a book she would someday publish.

We had a wonderful conversation about social issues, judicial issues, and just plain issues issues until about 11:15 when the staff came and asked if we would mind moving the conversation to the bar so they could close the dining room.

We exchanged addresses and promised to stay in touch, but of course I promptly lost theirs during the packing and trip home and they never contacted us either, as I imagine happens to most vacationing couples when they get home.

I enjoyed her husband as much as I enjoyed her, and although I have never seen her show, I imagine it must be hillarious if she is half as earthy and sharp on tv as she was in person. (from the trailers I have seen I am guessing that what we saw that night is very much what the viewers are getting.)

That was my most memorable brush with true tv/movie type celebrity, although I did enjoy a night''s dinner and dancing with the wife and daughter of Paul Revere (from Paul Revere and the Raiders) one evening while I was in New York with a mutual friend of theirs on a buying trip.

It was pretty easy to tell they lived in a different world than I did. I enjoyed one night of it, they got us into some swanky club, but I would NOT want to do it very often.

Wink

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
my mom has had WAYYY more than i have but hers are pretty cool..

her high school/on-off college/very early 20''s boyfriend was on guiding light.. they went on a trip to europe together when they were dating and a woman in switzerland literally chased them down the street SCREAMING his alter ego''s name.. they ended up hiding behind a dumpster until the loonytoon moved on.

she also randomly got invited backstage at a beachboys concert when she was in college and they invited her to tour with them ... she called my grnadmother and said "mom, i cannot come home for a visit this weekend i am touring with the beachboys". my grandmother was like umm. ok honey..she had no clue... she ended up dating one of the band members for awhile and they sent xmas cards to her every year for maybe a decade after that.

she went sailing with the kennedy''s on the kennedy yaught in hyannisport and hung out on the compound..she said THAT was a really cool place to see.. there is a long hallway which is just covered with pictures of the family...

i went to highschool with a kid on a soap opera.. my sis dated a guy from 90210 (the old school show) and the lead singer of a popular ''philly'' band.. she too has an interesting story about stephen dorff-- tool is right!!

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
I went to a talent competition as a dancer-singer.

Toward the end of the competition, we had a big "final walk". All the talent walked down the catwalk so the judges and talent scouts could get one last look.

Monitors were set up backstage, and as I walked off, I got stopped.

I got interviewed by Puff Daddy/P. Diddy/Sean Combs/whatever he goes by now and JC Chasez (who I had NO IDEA WHO HE WAS at the time - I didn''t listen to N''Sync!)

It was pretty exciting (two separate interviews) and while I was waiting with the producers, I asked if they just picked at random and was told no - they picked based on appearance ("we look for people with amazing eyes") and also on the walk down the catwalk ("the people who look confident - when we put the tape for the show together, we''ll cut in bits of the interview when you talk your walk down").

So apparently, I have great eyes and a great strut!

As a side note, I did not like Mr. Combs at all. He was very cocky. JC was very personable, though.

I also met Bon Jovi. My husband has a friend whose dad drives equipment buses for bands on tour, and he was driving for Bon Jovi. He got us in for free, so we were hanging around (we were in the sound and effects box during the concert, then backstage with the roadies after) and we got to meet the band and chat it up. It was pretty awesome.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock

mccnn2.jpg
How cool!

I recently found out that he is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt! Boy, was I surprised [yes, I looked it up.] LOL! [Yes, I am clueless when it comes to celebrity.]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results