shape
carat
color
clarity

A brush with fame? Tell your story!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:02:51 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Coming out of lurking to say:

LAJENNIFER- I have the exact same story about Stephen Dorff. Literally. Leaving a restaurant, he is trying to hit on me, I ignore him, his friend starts talking to my friend. Valet pulls up, we get in car, but other two still talking. He leans into my car window and said the EXACT same thing to me. Oh, I''m dying. That''s too sad!!!!

In my head, I am thinking, I know who you are, dumba**, which is why I kept walking. Eww.

What''s even funnier is that I had forgotten all about it, till I read yours, and I''m like, wait a second, that happened to me too! I have a really bad memory....
OMG!!! What a tool.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
LAJen-

And come to think of it, I have a Farrah story as well. I used to work at a high-end retail store, and she had her assistant call ahead so we could pull some clothes for her. She shows up, proceeds to strip completely naked- underwear and all- and try on all of our clothes. In between she sort of wandered around the store, singing to herself. It was bizarre.

The funny thing is we had to figure out what to do with all the clothes she tried on- you can''t just put them back out after she tried them on with nothing between her and the clothes!

She was sweet, but so strange.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I lived in Chicago, saw Uma Thurman and Joan Cusack at a bar, chatting with Joan while waiting for the bathroom. John Cusak multiple times.

At various parties people you may or may not know from the Chicago music scene like Billy Corgan, Trent Reznor, other ones I won''t name, for the sake of not wanting to identify myself!

Chatted with Quentin Tarintino''s mom at a comic''s convention, like Tarantino, not really the retiring type : )

The biggest bragging rights I have are of meeting or hanging out with musicians or comic book artists I think are really cool, but whose names are not "out there."

The funniest story I remember being told was a friend of a friend who slept with Billie Idol, the way she related it was hilarious, including the fact she got an std from him. After hearing it made me thankful I haven''t had any "close encounters" with a celebrity : )

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Used to be Michael Schumacher''s neighbor (record F1 champion) and played catch once with with David Bowie''s son!
41.gif

jbazz

Rough_Rock
I sat beside a man in first class all the way from London to NY. I could tell her was "someone", but couldnt place him. He was very chatty and asked a bunch of questions about me. The thing that really stuck in my mind is I could tell he was very wealthy but he was wearing those cheapo tennis shoes you get from somewhere like the grocery stores.

Later on I was walking thru Barnes and Nobel and notice his pic, it was Steven King.

I use to play dominoes and backgammon on Yahoo and had a few guys on my IM list who I enjoyed playing. One had a really obnoxious sexual name, but he was a decent player and a great chatter. One day he was asking me about people getting on cam and said he was very famous. I honestly didnt care. We would play daily for about 6 mo or so and then he would disappear for a while and pop back up.

Then a few years back, I was called at work and asked to go to the 3rd floor of the airport terminal (I work for an airline). There was a very, very, veryveryvery famous actor. He was my domino parnter for all that time.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2008 4:01:08 PM
Author: rob09
Used to be Michael Schumacher''s neighbor (record F1 champion) and played catch once with with David Bowie''s son!
41.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Rob, that is DH''s absolute FAVORITE driver!!! He''s gonna be SOOOOOO jealous of you when I tell him!!!
9.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''ve spent a lot of time with pro poker players, not sure if you count them as celebrities or not. It is an odd thing to be hanging out with your friends and have them be accosted by random people wanting autographs or photos! Through the poker guys I’ve met a ton of other people including Penn & Teller (Penn’s wife is the sweetest person ever), Gilbert Gottfried, Ben Afflek, Ray Romano, etc… Gilbert Gottfried is as socially inept in person as he appears to be on television.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are fun stories!

I just remembered another one--I saw Paul Rudd and Rachel Weisz in the play "The Shape of Things" in London several years ago. It was a small theatre, and they came out into the bar/lobby afterwards and had drinks with my group of friends. They were really nice.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I were walking in Wailea, Maui around dinnertime, and we were walking on the pathway right next to the ocean passing all the hotels and there was a lady in a cowboy hat, a nanny pushing a stroller and another small girl walking along side and they were walking SO SLOW.... like literally taking their sweet time while people behind us were getting PO''ed since they wanted to pass (as did we). I looked as she turned to the side, and it was Denise Richards. The nerve!!! LOL....

Some younger teenage boys had their tongues hanging out.
14.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Omg, Haven, I''m so jealous! I
30.gif
Paul Rudd! I''ve had the biggest crush on him since Clueless. He just seems like such a cool and funny guy! He was on the Daily Show a few weeks ago and was just hilarious
1.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 3:00:36 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 11/24/2008 2:42:44 PM
Author: sunnyd
Fun! BF has many more cool stories than I do, he installs home theatres and has been inside nearly every Seahawk''s home except Hasselbeck''s and Alexander''s! Also friends and neighbors of Bill Gates (Paul Allen has a strange giant safety pin statue in his front yard...
33.gif
). Some early Microsoft guy''s wife gets lost in her own house! He''s also a music freak and has had drinks with several band members throughout his years.

I met Journey once at a hotel, no Steve Perry though so that was a bummer. I would have made him sing to me.
30.gif

Drew Lachey, nice guy, I was taller than him!

I held a door for Nicole Richie and baby. I was much taller than her too. LOL!

My best friend growing up currently writes for ''The Cleaner'' on A&E, does that count?
2.gif

My sister used to date a Hollywood big wig''s son. His sister was friends with Kim Stewart. But we all had dinner at Wolfgang Puck''s restaurant (he was a family friend!) and as we were eating, Heather Locklear came in and had to wait for a table.
OMG!!! Sunny, that is one of my favorite shows!!! I can''t wait for it to come back on! Do you know when that will be? And can you ask your friend to make sure that William and his wife get back together for me? Thanks!
9.gif
Sweet!! I''ll have to tell him he''ll be excited. I think it''s supposed to come back in Jan if it gets picked up again. Fingers crossed!!!
5.gif

I thought of another one...my uncle''s partner is a cousin of Eva Longoria.

And I saw Robert Blake outside a Starbucks once. He was scary looking!!!

My family saw a pregnant Heidi Klum and Seal at a restaurant...I was at the buffet and missed them.
14.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I worked in a jewelry store in the 70s that custom designed jewelry for Brian Keith,Charlton Heston,LizTaylor.never met them though.I did personally sell ruby jewelry to Anthony Geary of General Hospital fame...Very polite.Met Steve Young and Joe Montana once.Showed Karl Malone Rolex watches.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have a few but here is one that is good for PS:

I was at a party when I noticed an older woman standing near me. She had a typical short silver haired granny ''do that showed off her earrings really well. They were such nice earrings and I kept and eye on them trying to work out if they were a particular Schlumberger pair. The woman noticed that I was looking her way and decided that I was probably interested in meeting her, so she reached out her hand and introduced herself, "Hi, I''m Barbara Bush."

I was pretty embarrassed - I didn''t realize it was her at all - I really only wanted to scope out her earrings!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I do have many stories but most I can''t tell, but I will share 2.

1- I was standing behind the velvet rope at one of the clubs I did PR for and the line was insane and they were not letting anyone in, but I noticed this nice looking man with the most gorgeous blue eyes standing in line. It took me a minute but then I realized it was Seth Myers from SNL. First I was very impressed that he was patiently waiting in line, but I knew my job was to get him in- so I went over to him and smiled and then was like, "OMG, ..." and I think he was ready to be recognized from SNL but instead I (being the dork that I am) said, "you went to NORTHWESTERN!, so did I!" He was really taken aback but started laughing about it as I ushered him and we actually chatted about NU and stuff and it was kind of funny. Very down to earth.

2- When I was an intern at a PR firm I was sitting in as the President of the company''s assistant. This was HUGE especially me being an intern. I had been scared of her, but eventually really warmed up to her. So one of her high maintenance clients called and I had to explain that my boss was not in and then the phone disconnected midway through it. I kid you not- my palms were sweating so badly. So the client calls back- and the phone hangs up again- this was not my fault, something was wrong. So she calls a third time while I was frantically trying to get someone to help since I had no idea what to do, and then I finally pick up, knowing it is she on the line and I hear "What the F**K is wrong with you? Get your F**king act together! Don''t you know who I am etc...." Luckily everyone said this is how she behaves and I didn''t do anything, but for a while I thought I was fired.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2008 1:34:00 AM
Author: Beacon
I have a few but here is one that is good for PS:

I was at a party when I noticed an older woman standing near me. She had a typical short silver haired granny ''do that showed off her earrings really well. They were such nice earrings and I kept and eye on them trying to work out if they were a particular Schlumberger pair. The woman noticed that I was looking her way and decided that I was probably interested in meeting her, so she reached out her hand and introduced herself, ''Hi, I''m Barbara Bush.''

I was pretty embarrassed - I didn''t realize it was her at all - I really only wanted to scope out her earrings!
LOL! Beacon, that''s too funny! You''re such a PSer!
9.gif

BTW, I heard this morning that Barbara Bush is in the hospital. I hope she''s OK!
40.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
When I was living near Santa Barbara in the late 90s I ran into Tiger Woods and his wife (then girlfriend) at a Ben and Jerry''s in Montecito, CA.

FF and I were driving on 95 to Philly a few months ago and we looked over next to us and saw Samuel L Jackson in a Bentley (or some expensive car). He even had his signature Kangol-ish hat on.

I was leaving a huge rap concert in Boston a few summers ago and Lil Jon had just performed about an hour before. We left early to beat the crowd and there was Lil Jon stepping into one of a number of heavily tinted Cadillac Escalades. We walked just a few feet away from him. He was SO SHORT! Guess they don''t call him "Lil" for nothing!

I haven''t met them myself but my cousin and his wife live in the same apartment building at Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin in London. They are friends with them! My cousin leads a charmed life.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tripped over Rock Hudson.....
25.gif

forensics1

Rough_Rock
Denzel Washington and his family (used to babysit his son John Davis in the summer), BB King (Blues musician - and amazing guy!!), Hung out with Cynthia Nixon and her GF and kids over the summer in Long Island - really sweet, Brian Johnson and Angus Young (AC/DC), Ty Pennington (My dad works for a Mag), Nina Garcia (Project Runway), Adam Duritz lead singer Counting Crows (Oakland Airport - great 30 min convo!!), Ethan Hawke, Liv Tyler, Levon Helm (lives 3 houses down from DBF''s parents), ran into Richard Gere in Grand Central - actually he ran into me by accident, John Entwistle (before he died - he''s from that smalled band you all may know called THE WHO lol), Natalie Merchant and Kate Pierson (lead singer of the B52''s - used to be her service consultant on her BRIGHT ORANGE turbo VW beetle), Oh! and James Earl Jones and his wife (they too owned a VW beetle although it was green - and yes, his voice is that cool in real life).

I think that''s about it.
28.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
When I worked at a bookstore in Flint, MI during my college years, I rang up purchases for author/director Michael Moore once or twice.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 10:15:47 AM
Author: Clairitek

FF and I were driving on 95 to Philly a few months ago and we looked over next to us and saw Samuel L Jackson in a Bentley (or some expensive car). He even had his signature Kangol-ish hat on.
Cool! My BF has a good story about him. He caddied a golf thing when he was in high school and was talking to Sam L, who told him about these two scripts he was looking at doing and asked BF which one he should do. He told him to do the shark one for whatever reason (was cooler than the other?) and he did it! Deep Blue Sea anyone? Haha, so he likes to say that he advised Samuel L Jackson what movie he should make and he did.
9.gif

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
So, we can''t have a hint as to who it was??
4.gif

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 4:12:39 PM
Author: jbazz
I sat beside a man in first class all the way from London to NY. I could tell her was ''someone'', but couldnt place him. He was very chatty and asked a bunch of questions about me. The thing that really stuck in my mind is I could tell he was very wealthy but he was wearing those cheapo tennis shoes you get from somewhere like the grocery stores.

Later on I was walking thru Barnes and Nobel and notice his pic, it was Steven King.

I use to play dominoes and backgammon on Yahoo and had a few guys on my IM list who I enjoyed playing. One had a really obnoxious sexual name, but he was a decent player and a great chatter. One day he was asking me about people getting on cam and said he was very famous. I honestly didnt care. We would play daily for about 6 mo or so and then he would disappear for a while and pop back up.

Then a few years back, I was called at work and asked to go to the 3rd floor of the airport terminal (I work for an airline). There was a very, very, veryveryvery famous actor. He was my domino parnter for all that time.
I meant to attach this to my question.. oops!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I thought of another one...

My DH and I were in Las Vegas in October 2007 and we were gaming at the Tropicana (not the classiest joint, right?)...and all of a sudden there is Flavor Flav with the rest of his group.

I was so shocked I literally yelled out "Flavor Flav!". And took a bunch of pictures...he was there with his girlfriend and baby, too.

Magic_Stick

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 4:12:39 PM
Author: jbazz
I sat beside a man in first class all the way from London to NY. I could tell her was ''someone'', but couldnt place him. He was very chatty and asked a bunch of questions about me. The thing that really stuck in my mind is I could tell he was very wealthy but he was wearing those cheapo tennis shoes you get from somewhere like the grocery stores.

Soooo, do tell! Who was the celeb that was your domino partner? ???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I grew up with 2 well know tv/movie stars, 1 soap star and 1 Pro basketball player. The funny thing is seeing them on the big screen, kind of strange to me.
When I was in Las Vegas last year I saw one of the guys from the Sopranos and there were lots of people around him.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 2:42:44 PM
Author: sunnyd
I met Journey once at a hotel, no Steve Perry though so that was a bummer. I would have made him sing to me.
30.gif

He''s kind of a jerk :/ They toured many years ago through my city and stayed at the resort I was working at. They brought their own tattoo artist, it was kind of cool. The rest of the band was super nice and they always smiled and chatted, real polite, but Steve Perry? JERK. He was just rude and super demanding. His speaking voice also sounds nothing like his singing voice - kind of rough. Though it might have been the excessive amount of alcohol he seemed to consume the entire time.

While working in the same hotel I very briefly met Shakira (I LOVE her, and almost peed myself I was trying so hard to act "normal"). She''s so tiny!

I also met Oscar de la Hoya, who is from my city, back when I was a ballet folklorico dancer. I was like 16 and he was TOTALLY trying to flirt - with his girlfriend right there. My mom thought he was the most adorable thing ever but I was so turned off.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I have a lot of Star sightings because I travel a lot for work all over the place and because of who I work for here are some of them :)

1. Donatella Versace (she is rather unattracive and not aging well at all)
2. Noah Wyle (from ER or he used to be)
3. Matthew McConaughey (really nice!)
4. Sinbad
5. Oscar de la Hoya
6. Mike Tyson (I rode in an elevator with him....before the tattoo on his face)
7. The lady from that TV Show Married with Children she was the next door neighbor lady she complemented me on my look
8. Oprah (grocery shopping)
9. Nate Berkus (at an airport)
10. Jared from Subway (I sat next to him on a plane and he is quite unpleasant)
11. Alfre Woodard (Of Desprate Housewives-she was reall nice)
12. Nick Arrojo of What not to wear fame on several occasions (he is sooper nice :))

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
I once walked past Heath Ledger on a street in Perth. Almost didn''t recognise him.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
i used to work at a watch company in a Seattle mall that was a hub for travelers. Doing my thing one day, i sold a watch to this guy, and didnt think ANYTHING of it, other then "where in the heck are my co workers?" (they left me on the floor for a couple hours).
As soon as the guy left, my two (male) coworkers came swarming up to my registrar, pulled it open scrambling for the receipt.

apparently i told a rather cheap watch to Alex Rodriguez. lol
9.gif

Also, Rose McGowan (sp?) came into a children''s boutique and her sister broke the bed (okay, it was shabby to being with.. thats why i had a sign not to sit on it!). Anyways, i check everyone''s id when they use credit cards because it was a high tourist area. So i am checking this girls id going "huh, she has the same name as rose mcgowan".

My friend had a good laugh at me, since i said "hey, she has the same name as rose mcgowan!" her response "uh, jamie, that IS rose mcgowan".

lol!

other than that i''ve meet a couple famous blues player when i used to play at a blue club in my teens, and by association i go to the same church as the sisters from heart.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was invited to a luncheon in Denver during the Democratic convention this year. I sat one chair over from Anderson Cooper during lunch. He was very polite and made a point to talk to everyone at our table (there were 8 of us including him) and asked them questions about their lives. He was so nice that after lunch when they were taking pictures I asked him if he minded having my picture taken with him. My parents love his show so I thought they''d be excited to have a picture of us together. He didn''t hesitate, said sure and we posed for a photo. He even put his arm around my back. Here is our picture. He was so nice.

mccnn2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results