shape
carat
color
clarity

A brown diamond for Christmas!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
A few of you may remember that I’ve whined about wanting a brown antique diamond on here several times. Well I finally got one and I’m super excited! I don’t have any set plans on how I want to set it so I would love opinions and ideas! The diamond is almost 3ct but faces up a lot smaller. It’s totally wonky but in a charming way. I plan to set it east west and definitely prefer a setting to increase finger coverage. I’m leaning towards a halo but also think a collet setting would look amazing. My husband and I are both thinking rose gold but I’m open. Open to vendors as well. I usually go with DK but I’m leaning more towards Sako or CvB for this one. I’ll attach a few indoor pictures. The light in my house is terrible so the pictures aren’t great. I hope to post some better ones if the sun comes out. I’ll also share a bunch of ideas in the comments. IMG_6726.jpeg IMG_6828.jpeg IMG_6721.jpeg IMG_6716.jpeg IMG_6715.jpeg IMG_6713.jpeg IMG_6695.jpeg IMG_6696.jpeg IMG_6677.jpeg

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Inspiration:

Collet set or collet set with halo. Similar to inspiration but east west. Also think CvB nimbus would look amazing with rose cut diamonds (black or white or even champagne). Ideally I would love to halo it it in mixed fancy colored antique diamonds but I feel like that might be an impossible ask.
IMG_6464.jpeg

IMG_6854.jpeg IMG_6666.jpeg
IMG_6855.jpeg
IMG_6856.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautifully wonky, with a pleasing color and such a great, wearable size. I love the East/West plan.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an interesting cut and color. I agree with platinum to emphasize the color. It’s always satisfying to find what we seek.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
A few of you may remember that I’ve whined about wanting a brown antique diamond on here several times. Well I finally got one and I’m super excited! I don’t have any set plans on how I want to set it so I would love opinions and ideas! The diamond is almost 3ct but faces up a lot smaller. It’s totally wonky but in a charming way. I plan to set it east west and definitely prefer a setting to increase finger coverage. I’m leaning towards a halo but also think a collet setting would look amazing. My husband and I are both thinking rose gold but I’m open. Open to vendors as well. I usually go with DK but I’m leaning more towards Sako or CvB for this one. I’ll attach a few indoor pictures. The light in my house is terrible so the pictures aren’t great. I hope to post some better ones if the sun comes out. I’ll also share a bunch of ideas in the comments. IMG_6726.jpeg IMG_6828.jpeg IMG_6721.jpeg IMG_6716.jpeg IMG_6715.jpeg IMG_6713.jpeg IMG_6695.jpeg IMG_6696.jpeg IMG_6677.jpeg

Congratulations!! I love fancy brown diamonds.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love that SO MUCH!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
This looks wonderful! Love the color, love the shape, love the "wonk"! I also like the idea of platinum to emphasize the depth of it.

One of my fave rings (prior to PS) was on a gal that I saw while on a windsurfing trip. She had the most gorgeous brown diamond in a similar color as yours @Mjay, and it was set in a three-stone. The sides were vivid green diamonds. The ring was a sparkle-fest of color, and I still remember it, clearly.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
This looks wonderful! Love the color, love the shape, love the "wonk"! I also like the idea of platinum to emphasize the depth of it.

One of my fave rings (prior to PS) was on a gal that I saw while on a windsurfing trip. She had the most gorgeous brown diamond in a similar color as yours @Mjay, and it was set in a three-stone. The sides were vivid green diamonds. The ring was a sparkle-fest of color, and I still remember it, clearly.

Thank you! Funny you mention green because I had also tossed around the idea of creating an emerald target ring with it. Something about the brown and green combo is just magical.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
So much love for platinum! I’m a huge platinum fan so I’m loving all of the reassurance. It’s definitely between platinum and rose gold. I’ve been itching for a rose gold piece but I can easily scratch that itch with one of the gemstones that I have in queue. Also a lovely pricescoper sent me a link to a pair of little frenchies that will make the perfect accent diamonds. I snatched them up! I think they might just be the perfect compliment to my brownie. Right now I’m picturing an east west chunky collet with these bad boys on the shoulders. IMG_6862.jpeg

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
So much love for platinum! I’m a huge platinum fan so I’m loving all of the reassurance. It’s definitely between platinum and rose gold. I’ve been itching for a rose gold piece but I can easily scratch that itch with one of the gemstones that I have in queue. Also a lovely pricescoper sent me a link to a pair of little frenchies that will make the perfect accent diamonds. I snatched them up! I think they might just be the perfect compliment to my brownie. Right now I’m picturing an east west chunky collet with these bad boys on the shoulders. IMG_6862.jpeg

I was hoping a PS-er purchased these! For more vicarious enjoyment on my part.

How many mm is the east-west aspect of your diamond? Those Frenchies will be heavenly with the choco-diamond!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Love the cut, color, and character! (The C's that matter :lol-2:)

Can you say more about the color? It does not look very yellow-ish to my eye -- more of a pure brown.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping a PS-er purchased these! For more vicarious enjoyment on my part.

How many mm is the east-west aspect of your diamond? Those Frenchies will be heavenly with the choco-diamond!

I couldn’t pass them up! I hope to incorporate them but if not I know I will find use for them in another setting or a pair of studs. It’s about 7.5 mm

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Love the cut, color, and character! (The C's that matter :lol-2:)

Can you say more about the color? It does not look very yellow-ish to my eye -- more of a pure brown.

Thank you! Those are definitely the most important C’s in my book. It’s very pure brown in my eyes. I plan to send it to GIA and I’m very curious to see what shade of brown they give it.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

what a fab size
its going to be a show stopper
have lots of fun thinking up what to do with it

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay what a beautiful stone! Is it a peruzzi cut?

Regarding the setting, I’m personally in the rose gold camp - think the pinkish tones melt so deliciously into brown diamonds. Whilst this setting isn’t as chunky as you’d like, @higanbanya ‘s beautiful brown diamond in a six prong RG is still something I think about often! Link here and I hope she doesn’t mind me reposting a pic of her ring!

IMG_5219.jpeg

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...owoffs-show-me-your-bling.192347/post-5253955

Thank you! Ya I’d classify it as peruzzi. Thank you for sharing! I adore that ring. I do love the rose gold. I’m 50/50 between rose gold and platinum at this point. I’m 99.9% sure I’ll be having Caysie create the setting so I’ll probably just go with whatever she recommends. I’m all over the place with this one so I definitely feel I need a designer.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mjay, Please post pictures as soon as she is in her new setting. What a beautiful stone!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I'd vote for a rose gold setting, at least for the basket and prongs.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel strongly about it being in white medal. I know it’s only one vote- but I’d stuff the ballot box if I could! that is a cool brown- I’d hate to muddle that up with a warm gold.
I’ll include mine too lolololol 502BDD37-5162-44BB-977A-554FEB9B9DE5.jpeg

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I feel strongly about it being in white medal. I know it’s only one vote- but I’d stuff the ballot box if I could! that is a cool brown- I’d hate to muddle that up with a warm gold.
I’ll include mine too lolololol 502BDD37-5162-44BB-977A-554FEB9B9DE5.jpeg

thank you! I definitely value your opinion. Omg I’m obsessed with yours! I forgot you had a brownie. It’s incredible.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay and updates on this project? This is one of my dream diamonds for sure and I must live vicariously! :lol-2:

Not really unfortunately. I got frustrated with the project and also need to send the diamond to GIA before setting. I hate shipping diamonds so I’m most likely going to put it off until our next Legoland trip so I can drop it off in person (probably April). I can’t seem to decide if I want a more art deco style with a halo or if I want to do a collet setting. I got the frenchies and I’m either going to set them on the shoulders or incorporate them into a halo. I was actively stressing about it but then shifted focus to updating a few things in my house. IMG_7296.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mjay I know that analysis paralysis well! But its worth the wait to get the GIA report. I didn't get one way back when my large diamond was loose and I regret it now, as for obvious reasons it is becoming more and more important to have documentation for natural diamonds.

Love the frenchies! And HILARIOUS that "next Legoland trip" is just a shorthand that you assume everyone will understand. Because OF COURSE there will be a next Legoland trip! And a next and a next and a next... :lol-2:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay I know that analysis paralysis well! But its worth the wait to get the GIA report. I didn't get one way back when my large diamond was loose and I regret it now, as for obvious reasons it is becoming more and more important to have documentation for natural diamonds.

Love the frenchies! And HILARIOUS that "next Legoland trip" is just a shorthand that you assume everyone will understand. Because OF COURSE there will be a next Legoland trip! And a next and a next and a next... :lol-2:

Totally agree. I’ve skipped the GIA report twice and I always regret it. My boys are 2 (almost 3) and 6 so there will be many legoland trips! I LOVE it! Plus there is a fantastic resort and brewery across the street and GIA nextdoor so it’s a win win!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results