shape
carat
color
clarity

A 4th baby?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wallermama -- I worry about the same thing! Living in SF, it''s easy to forget what a bubble of a microcosm we live in. Life in SF is SO not representative of the rest of the country. You can see 10 different Porsche Carerras drive by on any given day, whereas in some parts of the country you will never actually see one in real life.

Anyway, back on topic. I totally agree that money doesn''t equal good parenting. There is zero correlation there. But I do have to consider that the cost of living here is so insane that adding a third would seriously limit our choices on many things: where to live, where to send the kids to college, how often we can take vacations, etc. In our case, we''re making the conscious choice to end our family at four so that we won''t have to limit those choices quite as much. I think it''s all about the trade-offs, and how willing you are to make them.
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wallermama, yes I do think we agree. It is so hard to raise kids today.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 12:19:25 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Wallermama -- I worry about the same thing! Living in SF, it''s easy to forget what a bubble of a microcosm we live in. Life in SF is SO not representative of the rest of the country. You can see 10 different Porsche Carerras drive by on any given day, whereas in some parts of the country you will never actually see one in real life.

Anyway, back on topic. I totally agree that money doesn''t equal good parenting. There is zero correlation there. But I do have to consider that the cost of living here is so insane that adding a third would seriously limit our choices on many things: where to live, where to send the kids to college, how often we can take vacations, etc. In our case, we''re making the conscious choice to end our family at four so that we won''t have to limit those choices quite as much. I think it''s all about the trade-offs, and how willing you are to make them.
1.gif

Kristy, as usual, I totally agree with you, and those are the very reasons we wanted to stop at 2, and now think about as we really really truly do stop at 3.
2.gif
It is very important to consider the things that give you and your partner pleasure and comfort and not give it ALL up to be martyr parents. It''s so important to balance everyone''s needs. Especially mom''s, hee hee....
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results