shape
carat
color
clarity

99.9% Thrilled, Overjoyed, Elated...Pics Galore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh I like that eternity band you posted Dem. Two of those would be awesome flanking the ring. I think a little bling goes a long way in eternity rings.

What about getting an entirely new head for the ring and having the jeweler set it the way you want? Heads are not actually that expensive at all and maybe he will split the cost with you or give it to you at his cost or something, if he knew you wanted it lower but did not do it originally (I''m not sure what your agreement was). But bottom line is you should have it how you want it....I agree it''s too high, it would drive me nuts. I like the stones set a tiny bit higher but that''s too high especially if you are not used to it.

Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2005 11:02:26 AM
Author: Demelza

I think the way mine is set makes the diamond look smaller because it doesn''t fill out the head. Does that make sense?
It does.

Would it work to show the jeweler some pictures (some of this thread even) next time ? Unless there is a ring in his shop you find just so. He could help you decide what total height you''d want the ring to be by letting you try some of his rings at random.

Those pictures of the diamond look nicer every time! Good for you
37.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of my ring with my ideal cut channel set eternity band. It actually fits better with the ering, but I don''t like the ring itself nearly as well as my shared prong.

yetagain0001.JPG

PreCiouSJeWeL920

Rough_Rock
Ooooh! That is so beautiful! I like it. what width is it? Maybe I need to upgrade!
9.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 3:11:05 PM
Author: Demelza
Here''s a pic of my ring with my ideal cut channel set eternity band. It actually fits better with the ering, but I don''t like the ring itself nearly as well as my shared prong.
Wow, I love that look (why wouldn''t I, it''s exactly like my channel set eternity band, only mine''s yellow gold
1.gif
). I mostly wear my solitaire with the channel set band because of the scratching. I have a 5 stone band with each stone set in an individual 4-prong basket setting, but every time I wear it with my solitaire, the diamonds of the 5 stone rub against the prongs of the solitare and it scratches. I think if you really want a prong set eternity band, you will most likely have to use a spacer band between them to keep from scratching up the prongs of your solitaire. But I vote for the channel set band, cuz I LOVE that look.
2.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for remembering me Mrssalvo!
35.gif

I just looked at my e-ring again in the sunlight and although there aren''t any big grooved eaten out of my prongs, there are a lot of little scratches on them. There are more scratches, however on the shank of the e-ring. My white gold solitaire is totally scratched up too.

Demelza -- I think your solitaire looks gorgeous with the channel set band, although I do like the shared prong one better.
2.gif
I had a channel set eternity band that I exchanged for the shared prong one b/c it didn''t sit flush with the e-ring.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These ate 'Tyke*-s rings by Whiteflash: they are shared prong, but I suspect the diamonds are smaller - so of their girdle does not go over the prongs' line without those prongs becoming overly large. So some of the problem you have should have been largely diminished.

AK-2.jpg

If there is something else about the shared prongs that you like, than pave looks like that (two beads between diamonds along the band). Pave with bright cuting instead of reised borders of metal around the stones also gives the look of a continuous diamond line. The stones are small though... of course, and that allows them to 'sit on top' of the band so the rounded sides of the ring underneath the pave bow a bit outwards and diamonds never touch neighboring rings.

16P13.jpg

And there is yet another kind of rings that can have larger rounds, even fewer prongs and do not appear to leave the girdles of the diamonds exposed although virtually no rim of metal shows. Those are bands that place diamonds in small 'bezels (in fact, rings of metal) that fit right under the girdle, and keep them in place with one shared prong. Ritani does one like that and I think there was one made custom for a Pricescope poster way back. The type seems to be less usual than shared prongs, pave or channel set.

3RD1872ERP_big.jpg

I am not a jeweler though and there might be other reasons why your shared prong ring causes more trouble than expected, not just the model in general. Who knows...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOooh I like the channel set band alot with that ring Dem. It looks beautiful. GOD your stone is just so friggin fabulous!!! I have drool again!

I really like the idea of getting an eternity ring which has more protection on the diamonds, aka something more like mine but maybe less metal, that SP one looks good or something similar where the diamonds are INWARDS more rather than protruding out the side like many of the shared prongs are.

Carolina Girl

Rough_Rock
Stunning....Looks great on your hand.
30.gif
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 6:55:13 PM
Author: Mara
OOooh I like the channel set band alot with that ring Dem. It looks beautiful. GOD your stone is just so friggin fabulous!!! I have drool again!

I really like the idea of getting an eternity ring which has more protection on the diamonds, aka something more like mine but maybe less metal, that SP one looks good or something similar where the diamonds are INWARDS more rather than protruding out the side like many of the shared prongs are.

I agree. My only concern with the one from SP is that it is micropave which means there are no holes in the bottom of the ring. I wonder whether that would be a problem for cleaning. The other thing is, if I want 2 it means shelling out more money. They are not going to refund me the cost of the new head because they disagree that it was done improperly. So, I''ve already lost money there. But that micropave band seems too thin to wear on its own. Dilemmas, dilemmas...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results