shape
carat
color
clarity

99.9% Thrilled, Overjoyed, Elated...Pics Galore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 11:04:39 PM
Author: aljdewey

PS.....(whispering)......ummmm....by the way, I''d refrain from the ''ring, this is Mara'' notion. You may never see it again if that happens!''
31.gif
31.gif
ROTFL! "Ring, this is Mara. Mara, this is.....hey, where''d it go?"
31.gif
12.gif

Seriously, that is one amazing rock! It''s just on fire in that first shot (well, the second if you include the bagel pic
20.gif
)! What a gorgeous, gorgeous stone! So white & huge & it sparkles like mad!

It looks lovely w/ your w-band, but I agree that the stone could come down a bit in the setting. (Though I can''t imagine having to part w/ it for a week!
38.gif
)

Congrats on an amazing ring!!!
36.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
Oh my!
6.gif
That stone is beautiful. Great pictures. I love your solitaire with the eternity.
36.gif

Congratulations!
35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s so gorgeous! That stone holds its own beautifully...no need for any side stones there!

As for the setting, I agree with you and everyone else. I''d bring it down just a smidge. I was just looking at my 8mm fakey in the Stuller Solstice and I cannot see the culet at all. Mine is the medium height head. I think Ame''s idea of just 1mm lower is prolly on the mark.

And did I mention that your stone is gorgeous?!
30.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!!
We should start an I color folder!
3.gif
6.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Del, your new stone is amazing.
It is so huge-

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 12:32:32 AM
Author: Demelza

Am I missing something re: the 40 mag??

9.gif
Only ever post I have EVER MADE about inspection!

My husband laughed out loud when he read that post from Aljdewey.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Demelza:
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
It''s SO big, white and sparkly. I think that kind of bling might be illegal in Canada Demelza! Congrats on a beautiful, gorgeous upgrade
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a whopper! Wear it in good health.
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
That is one good looking bagel...oh yea and the diamond is pretty stunning too!
31.gif

No seriously, very, very, pretty ring!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Demelza, your ring is crazy!!! That diamond looks huge (my guess would have been 3.5-4cts)!! I didn''t really used to be a fan of RB''s, but they look sooo big and sparkly... I think I have been hypnotized.....
19.gif
26.gif
LOL!! I also love your solitaire with the eternity band, and the set looks awesome together!! Congrats!!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! It is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! Wow, wow, wow, wow!!!!!! What a gorgeous ring, so big and sparkly!! I think it looks amazing with your eternity band too. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So happy for you...I want one too!!!
30.gif
30.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
emsmiled.gif
Wow! Need shades for that one! It is very beautiful and BIG!!!
emsmile.gif
Have fun showing it off.
face23.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!!
6.gif

Congrats! That is a beautiful ring and a I LOVE your band!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the kind words. I woke up this morning so excited to be able to see my diamond again!! You guys are so sweet to be so excited for me.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 4:38:44 AM
Author: valeria101
Looks great on your hand (or anywhere, for that matter!
9.gif
) but definitely too high for safety.

I agree with the jeweler in thinking that the setting cannot be made allot lower: for that you need to pull the prongs apart towards their bottom which would not work there and need some space under the culet - not metal. That is how the variants of basket settings are made, and that includes the Tiffany setting. Btw, I do not know why Stuller calls this ''Tiffany style'' - it has little to do with that.

Perhaps what I am saying does not help much
7.gif
but it may be worth asking for an alternative. The wonderful stone
3.gif
needs to sit confortably on your finger too.

Thanks, Val, for the info. What I don ''t understand is that it seems like there is lots of room for the diamond to sit lower. I guess I don''t really understand why the prongs would need to be pulled apart. We ordered the mounting for a 2.5 ct diamond so that there would be enough room for the diamond to sit down a bit. I can''t imagine how high it would be if we ordered the smaller mounting! Do you think it will be able to come down enough so that it looks a little more "normal"?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 9:00:42 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me
Mine is in an identical setting and at first it too was way up there. I kept knocking it on everything and finally took it back to the jeweler and had them lower it down. They didn''t lower it down all that much but what a huge difference it made as far as looks. Plus I don''t hit it on everything anymore. I like my setting even more now that its been lowered.
]

That''s good to know!! Thanks!

Aggie

Rough_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!
I love the way it looks with your band. And so huge..... WOW!
You gonna blind people with that thing!
1.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza - I think it''s all been said - but I figured I''d chime in too. AMAZING stone. And you''re quite the photographer too!

Enjoy that rock!!!! (and PS - I just temporarily squeezed my 2ct into a 1.5 ct stuller 4 prong setting. My stone "fills" the prongs up and sits as low as it can in this setting. The culet is practically touching the bottom. - so I definately know it can be lowered to fit. Mine is all the way down right now..)

G

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep mine is the same as Laney. I still have my old head from when it wore a 1.23 and then a 1.29 and now a 1.60. But WF told me this last one was IT. The culet is a tiny bit too low for me as it''s hard to clean...but it looks fab in the head and the head is alot lower than it would have been if I had a whole new head!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
So I wonder what Val meant that it would be hard to lower the stone. And what did my jeweler mean? I''m confused!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful upgrade, it is exactly the size I want, and I love the clean look of a solitaire!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 9:30:43 AM
Author: ame

9.gif

1.gif
HAHAHAH - that''s a riot!

Maybe Leonid''s next giveaway should be bumper stickers that say "I have been 40x MAGGED by AME"....kinda like a seal of approval from Inspector #12. LMAO

Naaaaaaw....not the only post. Didn''t you say something about sitting around in your underwear inspecting your ring without grief when he''s out of town? That makes at least 2 doesn''t it? LMAO
31.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I don''t seem to be able to stop taking pictures. I''m really amusing myself over here. Hope no one minds seeing a few more...

tryagain0001_2.JPG

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 12:00:42 PM
So I wonder what Val meant that it would be hard to lower the stone. And what did my jeweler mean? I''m confused!
I think that might mean since the seats for the stone have already been cut into the prongs, it''s going to be tricky to redo them. I''m not sure it it''s possible to lower the setting from the base, it seems to me like it could mess up the whole head. The jeweler might have to recut the seats, and if there is enough metal left above that for the prongs to cover the stone securely, it could work. Are the prongs pretty substantial? They look like it from the pictures, but pictures can also be deceiving. You might just end up getting a whole new head on the ring, exactly like the one you have, only with the seats cut lower. I guess you''ll just have to wait and see what the jeweler says next week.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 1:02:06 PM
I don''t seem to be able to stop taking pictures. I''m really amusing myself over here. Hope no one minds seeing a few more...
Mind seeing more?? Nope! It is beautiful!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 1:02:06 PM
you must be joking, right? More pictures, more pictures!!
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 12:46:45 PM
Author: aljdewey
Date: 8/18/2005 9:30:43 AM

Author: ame

9.gif

1.gif
HAHAHAH - that''s a riot!

Maybe Leonid''s next giveaway should be bumper stickers that say ''I have been 40x MAGGED by AME''....kinda like a seal of approval from Inspector #12. LMAO

Naaaaaaw....not the only post. Didn''t you say something about sitting around in your underwear inspecting your ring without grief when he''s out of town? That makes at least 2 doesn''t it? LMAO
31.gif
I have no idea what you are talking about.
31.gif

Oh I mistyped my comment! dangit. I meant to say EVERY post. heh. Oh well.

I think that is a great bumper sticker....hmmmm...maybe itll look something like this....

bumpersticker.jpg

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
STUNNING!! Geez, I literally had to wipe some drool off my lip
3.gif
. Your ring is utterly AMAZING! I really love the look of a solitaire with eternity band. I'm now officially a convert to this style! I used to think vintage was the ONLY way to go. Now I think if I ever get lucky enough to upgrade, I'll have to copy your beautiful new set (maybe with a second band for the other side
2.gif
).

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 1:08:02 PM
Author: sjz

Date: 8/18/2005 12:00:42 PM
So I wonder what Val meant that it would be hard to lower the stone. And what did my jeweler mean? I'm confused!
I think that might mean since the seats for the stone have already been cut into the prongs, it's going to be tricky to redo them. I'm not sure it it's possible to lower the setting from the base, it seems to me like it could mess up the whole head. The jeweler might have to recut the seats, and if there is enough metal left above that for the prongs to cover the stone securely, it could work. Are the prongs pretty substantial? They look like it from the pictures, but pictures can also be deceiving. You might just end up getting a whole new head on the ring, exactly like the one you have, only with the seats cut lower. I guess you'll just have to wait and see what the jeweler says next week.
Well, now I'm wondering if my jeweler even "cut" mine down. For all I know he may have just popped it right into another setting identical to it but shorter prongs
33.gif

ETA: LOL Ame! Too funny
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results