shape
carat
color
clarity

99.9% Thrilled, Overjoyed, Elated...Pics Galore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Back to admire again-
I just love the lines of the Solstice heads. So elegant.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
That last picture is my favorite!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dem is that a Stuller Solstice 4 prong? I have the same head, and they definitely brought my stone down more...I''d make sure they drop the stone but make sure you can get in to clean the culet....mine is a bit tight in the setting. Oh what about having them shave the prongs down a bit more, those Stuller Solstice prongs start out kind of big...last time WF had the setting I had them shave them down to very tiny, the original ones were HUGE. Yours look smaller than mine started out as but they can go even smaller!
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 11:26:55 PM
Author: IrishEyes
HOLY SH*TBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

aljdlkfjaelkfjdkfjoemrslamdfldfa
LOL!! That pretty much sums up my reaction too! WHOA!!!!
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
WHOA-y-WOW WOW!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2005 11:26:55 PM
Author: IrishEyes
HOLY SH*TBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

aljdlkfjaelkfjdkfjoemrslamdfldfa
Yes me too!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
OWWWWWWWW I WANT IT!!!!! YOU LUCKY THING IT''S FAB!!!!!!!! Enjoy
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Loralei, LOL!!!! Great minds think alike--we had pretty much the exact response ONE SECOND apart!!! What a ring!!!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful....absolutely beautiful
10.gif

Congratulations!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
WOWSER..That is one HUGE gorgeous ring...

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! That thing is freakin'' spectacular! It is so big and given me a great appreciation for RBs. Hmmmm.......

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza, it''s beautiful & magically delicious!
18.gif
36.gif
I do agree about the diamond being a bit high and on stilts. I''d have it lowered too but that''s one of my pet hangups(the lower set - the better, IMO).

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwieeeeeeeeeee!!! that is one huuuuge honker!!!! amazing, breath taking, magnificent!!!! its just wow!!! *speechless*
30.gif
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Such fun to read all the great responses. I am just so happy with this diamond!! Can''t say enough.

About the prongs -- this is not a Solstice setting. It''s just Stuller''s version of the 4 prong Tiffany style ring. I''m not sure why the jeweler thought that making the diamond lower would be a problem because I didn''t get to talk to him myself, but I was told it could maybe come down a mm. I sure hope so because it really is way too high.

Am I missing something re: the 40 mag??

A quick note about the size: Yes, this diamond is huge and beautiful and perfect and I don'' think I will ever upgrade again (I''m not even sure I have that option anymore), but I can see how one could become accustomed to the size and want even bigger. Isn''t that sick, sick, sick!!

Mara -- I wear a size 6 JUST LIKE YOU!! Lynn and I are waiting for you. We know it won''t be long until you join us

9.gif

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the way your rings look together! It''s huge!

So, who is the jeweler in WA state?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 12:32:32 AM
Author: Demelza

Mara -- I wear a size 6 JUST LIKE YOU!! Lynn and I are waiting for you. We know it won''t be long until you join us

9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow...i love everything about it demelza
36.gif
well done!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring, I am a big fan of solitaires! The colors your diamond gives off are amazing. While your prongs do seem to have your diamond sitting up there pretty high, it doesn''t really look out of proportion because of the size of the diamond, you know? A smaller diamond couldn''t carry off those prongs, but your stone looks very regal sitting way up there! I''m with Ame, I like it when the diamond is set so that you get a nice clean veiw of the culet. I think it would look just as nice if you have the jeweler lower it a notch, too. Either way, knock out ring! I sort of think it''s maybe a good thing you have to wait a few days before you have the jeweler work on the prongs, anyway. You just might decide that you like it best this way after all. Often times, something new just takes a few days of an adjustment period to get used to it.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Stunning Ring Dem...WOWSA!
21.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza,
Fantastic upgrade!! I love it. Personally I don''t think it is too high but of course it is up to you and what you like. I love the combo of the rings together.

Shay

Shiny_Rock
GREAT GOOGA MOOGA!!!!

Must stop staring... boss will catch me slacking off work... close the page... you''re gonna get in trouble...
30.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!! WHAT A BLING!!! It''s GoRgEoUs!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2005 11:44:57 PM
Author: blueroses
Loralei, LOL!!!! Great minds think alike--we had pretty much the exact response ONE SECOND apart!!! What a ring!!!
That is hilarious - it must be a sign Blueroses WE ARE EACH MEANT TO HAVE ONE!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great on your hand (or anywhere, for that matter!
9.gif
) but definitely too high for safety.

I agree with the jeweler in thinking that the setting cannot be made allot lower: for that you need to pull the prongs apart towards their bottom which would not work there and need some space under the culet - not metal. That is how the variants of basket settings are made, and that includes the Tiffany setting. Btw, I do not know why Stuller calls this 'Tiffany style' - it has little to do with that.

Perhaps what I am saying does not help much
7.gif
but it may be worth asking for an alternative. The wonderful stone
3.gif
needs to sit confortably on your finger too.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. WORD!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh Alex! It is STUNNING! That diamond is a sheer JOY to BEHOLD!
36.gif

WHAT A KILLER!

It is positively mesmerizing! Magical! Breathtaking! And oh, did I mention *HUGE*?!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I KNEW you were going to lovelovelove it (I had no doubts at all!) and I am so glad that you do. It is an extraordinary diamond, it really is. It looks beautiful on your finger, like it's where it "belongs". Absolute PERFECTION in 8.7 mm!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Yeah, right now it's sittin' a liiiiiiiiiittle high (but I think it's just struttin' its stuff a bit - hey, I would too if I looked like that!
31.gif
) but you'll get that fixed in a week. Meanwhile, who cares, right?!! It's home, it's gorgeous, and it's where it belongs - on your hand! And BTW, I LOVE the look of the solitaire, too - great choice. It REALLY makes that rock POP!
23.gif
It looks soooo huge, Alex! You are gonna have people falling all over themselves to get a better look at it. Try not to stop traffic and cause accidents!
2.gif

Well, we're Diamond Twins again - I am so excited and tickled about that! Now just waiting for Miss Mara so we can become the Men in Black... ooops, no, that's not right... I mean the X-Men... no, that's not right either...
2.gif
The Fab Four!
20.gif
1.gif
Noooooo... I know, I know... the Three Musketeers??! The Triplets?!!! WHATEVER!
9.gif

Wonderful stone, Alex. Simply exquisite. Enjoy it always, my friend! xoxox!

Lynn

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 4:33:02 AM
Author: Lorelei

That is hilarious - it must be a sign Blueroses WE ARE EACH MEANT TO HAVE ONE!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
31.gif
HAHAHA, love it!!! I think all pscopers are meant to have one
3.gif

Dem- it is just stunning! and sparkly and huge!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2005 7:18:19 AM
Author: icekid

Date: 8/18/2005 4:33:02 AM
Author: Lorelei

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
31.gif
HAHAHA, love it!!! I think all pscopers are meant to have one
3.gif

Dem- it is just stunning! and sparkly and huge!!
Icekid - maybe we should start a PS members bling kitty SO WE ALL CAN HAVE ONE!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Leonid can throw the first contribution in the pot!
31.gif
11.gif
I hope I don't get banished from PS
7.gif
23.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous stone! I personally like the stone set up high so you can see the culet but yours can probably come down a *smidge*.
2.gif

Do you like it as a solitaire? I think that stone is so gorgeous it doesn''t need any side stones to jazz it up!

Congrats on a great choice!
30.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That turned out absolutely gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Heather

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Holy jaw breaker, Batman! Its huge!! And Sparkly!! And Beautiful!!
30.gif

Mine is in an identical setting and at first it too was way up there. I kept knocking it on everything and finally took it back to the jeweler and had them lower it down. They didn''t lower it down all that much but what a huge difference it made as far as looks. Plus I don''t hit it on everything anymore. I like my setting even more now that its been lowered.

I have to say it again...Its Beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
That''s absolutely beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Girl, It looks fabulous
36.gif
36.gif
I Love it with your eternity band and the big diamond overhang
6.gif

Enjoy
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results