shape
carat
color
clarity

8* vs. H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

g2man

Rough_Rock
I''ve read some say that Japanese culture has a thing for 8* diamonds, is this true? I am courting a Japanese woman so if this is true then should I be looking for an 8* specifically? Or will a nice H&A be fine? Where can you find a good 8* on the internet?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
If she has not expressed a desire for an 8* stone, I would not pay the premium that an 8* costs.

If you do want to look at them, Wink Jones carries them. (He posts here.) I'm not sure who else carries them.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I would guess that, as with most Americans, most Japanese have never heard of EightStar. They really are a boutique operation that cuts a very small number of diamonds. EightStar diamonds did originate in Japan, but so did hearts and arrows diamonds (called heart and cupid diamonds in Japan). So both have ties to Japan if that is important to you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 7/30/2004 7:00:25 PM g2man wrote:

I've read some say that Japanese culture has a thing for 8* diamonds, is this true? I am courting a Japanese woman so if this is true then should I be looking for an 8* specifically? Or will a nice H&A be fine? Where can you find a good 8* on the internet?----------------

wink is the gentleman to talk to about 8*. i did a comparison on both types of these stones. link below:
8* vs. heart and arrow stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results