shape
carat
color
clarity

7ct asscher

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix - I definitely think you need to see the stone in person, if somehow you can arrange it. I did see an Asscher here - about 7 cts by the way - and it looked great on the finger. I do love the shape.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
:(

I personally would not go ahead with it. In fact, for that sort of money, I'd want no caveats, and no loopholes and would DEFINITELY want to see it in person and on my fingers before I made that sort of commitment. And even then I would second-guess myself...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your input and opinions. I really appreciate all the help.

Unfortunately, the diamond went for approx $170k (estimate was approx $50k and even at my own estimte of final price of $70k, I thought was already generous)!! :o :o Yep, it was in an auction (and that's why I didn't want to disclose too much detail). The diamond world has gone absolutely BONKERS!! Even a 3.36ct F VS2 went for approx $180-190k!! I think that's even more than retail (internet price), is it not?!

And it can't possibly be all the Chinese or Indians. I mean from what I've seen and been told, they're only interested in modern RB's. So who's mopping up all the antique asschers and cushions?! :confused:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1305728205|2924769 said:
HI:

For rings on the secondary market have you tried First Dibs? A plethora of vendors with gorgeous products....

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_search.php?cur_tab=FINE

Also, I was browsing Dupuis Auctions and found this...my old eyes thinks it is a 60/60....but over 5 carats...

http://dupuis.ca/Item.jsp?q=diamond ring&search=true&auctionid=66&page=2&Item_Id=19050

cheers--Sharon

Thank you, Sharon.

I'd love to get something from First Dibs. They have so many gorgeous pieces on there. It's hard to find anything with a higher colour though - but I'll keep looking.

I can't seem to link or google up depuis somehow! I 'll try again later.

Thanks.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
Bonkers?

:shock:

The word obscene is more like it!! :???:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asschers face up small so perhaps you should be looking at 10 carat asschers.
Just kidding.

I am amazed by this stone.

If it checks out after doing your homework, and you buy it we need a zillion pics to drool over.
My goodness, WHAT a diamond!

We really DO need to call you Liz Phoenix!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results