shape
carat
color
clarity

7.8mm of green goodness! Asscher peridot is here :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! Gary cuts the most delicious asschers, and your peridot is no exception!

As for the setting, my local jeweler set my scapolite in that bezel setting, and JKT set my garnet in the yellow gold bezel. I''d trust both of them with a softer stone, but you might want to ask Julia if she''ll bezel a peridot.

And of course I don''t mind if you draw inspiration from what I''ve posted. I love the idea of the bevel in the bezel, and as you all know, I have a few of them for asschers.
2.gif

Do you know what colour gold you''ll be using?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 2:44:38 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
It's beautiful!!! Gary cuts the most delicious asschers, and your peridot is no exception!

As for the setting, my local jeweler set my scapolite in that bezel setting, and JKT set my garnet in the yellow gold bezel. I'd trust both of them with a softer stone, but you might want to ask Julia if she'll bezel a peridot.

And of course I don't mind if you draw inspiration from what I've posted. I love the idea of the bevel in the bezel, and as you all know, I have a few of them for asschers.
2.gif

Do you know what colour gold you'll be using?

Gary really does cut beautiful asschers from what I've seen on here, and now I have one of my very own
31.gif

I also love the Portuguese cut that I've seen on his website, that might have to be my next purchase...

Thanks for letting me use your setting for inspiration! I will definitely contact Julia to see if this is something she can do. As for the gold, I'll most likely be using white gold. I don't really like how yellow gold looks on me so all of my jewelry is white. But I suppose would consider rose gold, or even green gold, but hadn't really thought about it... Let me know what you think.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beauty! I love Gary''s cuts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures show the colour off so much better than Gary’s pictures. In fact, I’d say you are an excellent photographer because the subject is very clear and I can see the details! I’ve had a peridot bezeled in a ring with no issues whatsoever but it was done by a very highly skilled benchperson who even cautioned me of the risk himself.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 9:31:38 AM
Author: Chrono
Your pictures show the colour off so much better than Gary’s pictures. In fact, I’d say you are an excellent photographer because the subject is very clear and I can see the details! I’ve had a peridot bezeled in a ring with no issues whatsoever but it was done by a very highly skilled benchperson who even cautioned me of the risk himself.

Thank you SarahBear and crasru!

Chrono - Thank you for your compliments
9.gif
I am getting better at taking pictures, I just have to take a ton of them to get a few good ones. But I was able to catch some good detail, especially for having a basic point & shoot. Anyways, do you mind sharing who set your peridot stone? Or was it a jeweler that is local to you? I live in Michigan and I don't know of any good jewelers in my area
8.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it was a local jeweller who has a lot of experience with setting a wide variety of gemstones which include garnets, spinels, tourmalines, beryls and pearls, so they knew exactly what they were doing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results