shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 6.44ct J color i1 very good cut

Yowza! It looks fabulous on you and I would have no problem owning a J,I1 if it was as amazing as that!! I love it with your band too!!

Well deserved honor! Enjoy!!

Awww thank you so much :dance:!

I was also wondering should I improve it in the future and recut it?
Would recutting it improve the value or it’s not necessary ?
The estimate I got from Southwest diamond Based on the measurements from the certificate the weight from 6.44ct will go to a 6.05cts excellent cut

And got a estimate from Brian Gavin
“On his recommended ideal proportions that we abide by here..
Unfortunately, due to the way the weight is proportined currently in your diamond, there is not a way to maintain the 6 carat total weight. He predicts it will be closer to 5.8 carats, so there is a chance it will be under this. We can't guarantee anything until the stone is done, and has left the cutting wheel.”
So it’ll be around 5.8-5.7ct for ideal

What do you guys think ?

Attachments

• IMG_6209.jpeg
    IMG_6209.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6160.jpeg
    IMG_6160.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6162.jpeg
    IMG_6162.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I was also wondering should I improve it in the future and recut it?
Would recutting it improve the value or it’s not necessary ?
The estimate I got from Southwest diamond Based on the measurements from the certificate the weight from 6.44ct will go to a 6.05cts excellent cut

And got a estimate from Brian Gavin
“On his recommended ideal proportions that we abide by here..
Unfortunately, due to the way the weight is proportined currently in your diamond, there is not a way to maintain the 6 carat total weight. He predicts it will be closer to 5.8 carats, so there is a chance it will be under this. We can't guarantee anything until the stone is done, and has left the cutting wheel.”
So it’ll be around 5.8-5.7ct for ideal

What do you guys think ?

Do it! And do it with BGD, in my opinion, because if you're going to lose weight in it, lose it in a good cause! You want that incredible balance and light return, if you recut at all. And if they're talking "excellent" by GIA standards, that doesnot necessarily count for much. But BGD will give you an ideal cut stone. And that would be something special.

It would then be a lovely, lovely diamond, ideal cut, and the light return would be incredible. It would still be "Look at that huge diamond on her finger!!" - but it would then also be "Look at the unbelievable sparkle on that thing!!"

It's not a well cut stone, and you have the opportunity to make it jaw dropping. I'd do it.

I’d leave it well alone. In the pictures and videos you posted it looks beautiful. I would not want to take it below 6ct just from a value perspective at all.

Or at the least, live with it for 6 months. Get to know the stone and its personality the way it is before you decide to change it.

If in the future you feel the hankering for a change, you can explore it then. But I still would do my utmost to keep it above 6cts. It drastically drops in value the moment you take it below 6.

I would encourage you to see, with your own eyes, a branded ideal cut stone. That may help you make the decision. I would do the recut! I think it would be phenomenal, but you may not feel it’s worth it “to you”. Good luck!

I’m team recut with BG! You would have the best of both worlds- a huge diamond, and a beautifully cut diamond :clap:

This is the jacket that it came with

IMG_6323.jpeg

I’m surprised at how much I actually really like that jacket! Even though I think there’s something quite amazing about the ring as a solitaire.

Would you consider getting a coloured stone in a size that would go with the jackets and wear that as a RHR?

As a marquise lover I do actually like the look with the jacket on - the auction listing didn’t do it any justice. HOWEVER I still love @mrs-b suggestions of using it as a DBTY necklace / bracelet and let that huge honker shine in its own glory.

Thank you so much for all your comments suggestions and advices !
I am definitely thinking to enjoy it’s beauty the way it is :love:

Hi !
Finally, I got my fireball beauty:love: ‼️

J color which is amazing and white
I can’t see any
inclusions (unless I’m sooo close up but I am never that close )
or clouds
So much fire
Very happy with my choice!! In love :kiss2:

I am also showing it to compare next to a lab diamond 3.33ct G color hearts and arrows
Attached pictures are in direct sunlight, daylight and indoor light .. I was looking at it in all different light lol
The only light I didn’t like it much was at the jeweler store

IMG_5817.jpeg

This is stunning! Congratulations on jewel of the week in June! I love your emerald cut diamond ring. Can you tell me about it? I am considering one just like it. Do you have more pics of it? Thank you!

I’d have it recut into an OEC…

Just beautiful! If you ever want to sell it let me know!

Holy moly!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP