Premium
Absolutely beautiful!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
What a perfect pair :kiss2:
Your rings are absolutely gorgeous!!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Elegant, beautiful, well proportioned ring. And a gorgeous set! Thank you for sharing with us.

stc715

Rough_Rock
I did see Erstwhile was marketing their replicas- as they should be! :love:

I’m no expert and I don’t have (or probably ever will) any super high bench claws, but yes I think they all will catch lint somewhat. Snagging is a different issue that I would look at differently.

Adams/OWD’s version is gorgeous! Yes! I really had a hard time deciding to cut ties with that design. It did turn out much nicer than I had anticipated from the CADs and discussions. His work is great.

I usually pair mine with a plain gold band DK made that matches the shank perfectly, or another DK (replica) band that’s rose/platinum flower/bar bead design. I mostly just mix and match bands/eternities though, if I’m just around the house or running errands.

I’d love to see a side shot of both of yours together! If you get a chance and if you are taking requests :D

Here's a video of them together! My nails are horrific right now, so sorry for the tight fist, lol.

A few side shots as requested! Everything is fairly low profile :)

And, PS: See if you can spot the inclusions in the 2 stones flaking the Norah's center stone. Lololol. They came from a wonderful woman who was a mother figure to my mom so I love them no matter what!

IMG_0340.jpg IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0342.jpg

Last edited:

stc715

Rough_Rock
Your set is perfection!
Just perfection, and the proportions and size
of your center stone is *chef hand kiss thingy

Also omg @Rfisher I see the inspiration of your ring so clearly! Its a common style but not many women adapt it for their engagement rings. Its truly gorgeous & perfect!

Also your chef kiss thing made me DIE. I meant to reply about this earlier lol. It was perfect

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a video of them together! My nails are horrific right now, so sorry for the tight fist, lol.

A few side shots as requested! Everything is fairly low profile :)

And, PS: See if you can spot the inclusions in the 2 stones flaking the Norah's center stone. Lololol. They came from a wonderful woman who was a mother figure to my mom so I love them no matter what!

IMG_0340.jpg IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0342.jpg

This. Is. Perfection.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Sharing my late Victorian three stone and the gorgeous five stone Norah CVB made to match her! I just counted and I realized I'm wearing 50 tiny claws on one finger, ridicuous.

My center is a 1.57ct J SI1 OEC flanked by two .40ish I VS/SI1 OMCs. The center has eight thin and very tiiiiny claws and each OMCs has its own 6 prongs (maybe claws once but now are rounded from wear?).

I love her to death BUT one snapped prong later (snagged on my pants!) and a nasty indent made by a shared prong platinum ring, I realized it’s just too delicate for everyday wear. The prong was re-built by someone Lang Antiques works with but it just doesn’t look the same.:cry2:

I’d been admiring the Norah for ages (so many lovely PSer threads and photos! HS4S_2, Gussie and others!) and, with some convincing, my lovely husband agreed to have one made for my BD.

My Norah is slightly graduated (4.2-4.6mm) and we decided to match its shoulders to my engagement ring (usually has a V shape). Caysie and my husband did a lovely job and were able to repurpose 4 stones from old earrings I never wear!

All the claws do snag from time to time, but I do feel much more secure when I'm wearing the Norah vs my ering. Maybe ering will get re-set in the future but I hope I can keep the original setting for as long as possible!

IMG_8258.jpg IMG_8248.jpg IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0281.jpg IMG_5174.jpg

Love this!! Was your e-ring from Lang? And did a stone get damaged or the gold band from wearing next to the platinum ring? (These are the "stacking" dangers that always go through my mind!) I was considering a band that I worry may have similar issues. I love your set though!! What a great idea to repurpose pieces that weren't getting much use- are those repurposed diamond earrings modern rounds?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those prongs on your three stone are amazing. I think that is the only way I could bear an 8 prong setting. It’s beautiful.

stc715

Rough_Rock
Love this!! Was your e-ring from Lang? And did a stone get damaged or the gold band from wearing next to the platinum ring? (These are the "stacking" dangers that always go through my mind!) I was considering a band that I worry may have similar issues. I love your set though!! What a great idea to repurpose pieces that weren't getting much use- are those repurposed diamond earrings modern rounds?

Hi! It was from Erstwhile! And, the stone didn't appear to get damaged but the setting did, so I don't wear that platinum ring anymore. I don't even want to risk wearing my Norah band and my three stone together without a spacer because I'm so worried!

The platinum ring is like this, so I suppose I was just asking for it :cry2: I didn't even know about stacking dangers before the damage was done!
Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 9.20.31 AM.png
And yes, the repurposed earring stones are modern rounds!

stc715

Rough_Rock
Those prongs on your three stone are amazing. I think that is the only way I could bear an 8 prong setting. It’s beautiful.

Haha, agreed. 8 just sounds waaaaayyyyyy too many doesn't it. lol

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Hi! It was from Erstwhile! And, the stone didn't appear to get damaged but the setting did, so I don't wear that platinum ring anymore. I don't even want to risk wearing my Norah band and my three stone together without a spacer because I'm so worried!

The platinum ring is like this, so I suppose I was just asking for it :cry2: I didn't even know about stacking dangers before the damage was done!
Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 9.20.31 AM.png
And yes, the repurposed earring stones are modern rounds!

You've curated a lovely set indeed : )
The platinum ring is beautiful too!
I'm actually surprised that more jewelers don't warn about what to stack with what etc., especially with mixing metals being so popular right now. Don't beat yourself up at all, it was easily done and the piece is still in tact. Jewelry is meant to be worn and loved, and you've done so : )

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a STUNNING set!! :appl:

Love that you used stones that weren't getting worn for your new Norah. I may steal that idea in the future!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a luxurious stack! Beautiful

stc715

Rough_Rock
This is a STUNNING set!! :appl:

Love that you used stones that weren't getting worn for your new Norah. I may steal that idea in the future!

I told my husband I was helping him save money lololol

Sharing my late Victorian three stone and the gorgeous five stone Norah CVB made to match her! I just counted and I realized I'm wearing 50 tiny claws on one finger, ridicuous.

My center is a 1.57ct J SI1 OEC flanked by two .40ish I VS/SI1 OMCs. The center has eight thin and very tiiiiny claws and each OMCs has its own 6 prongs (maybe claws once but now are rounded from wear?).

I love her to death BUT one snapped prong later (snagged on my pants!) and a nasty indent made by a shared prong platinum ring, I realized it’s just too delicate for everyday wear. The prong was re-built by someone Lang Antiques works with but it just doesn’t look the same.:cry2:

I’d been admiring the Norah for ages (so many lovely PSer threads and photos! HS4S_2, Gussie and others!) and, with some convincing, my lovely husband agreed to have one made for my BD.

My Norah is slightly graduated (4.2-4.6mm) and we decided to match its shoulders to my engagement ring (usually has a V shape). Caysie and my husband did a lovely job and were able to repurpose 4 stones from old earrings I never wear!

All the claws do snag from time to time, but I do feel much more secure when I'm wearing the Norah vs my ering. Maybe ering will get re-set in the future but I hope I can keep the original setting for as long as possible!

IMG_8258.jpg IMG_8248.jpg IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0281.jpg IMG_5174.jpg

Sorry to bump an old thread! Do you mind sharing what the ring size of your 3-stone please? Thanks in advance!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to bump an old thread! Do you mind sharing what the ring size of your 3-stone please? Thanks in advance!

Hi, @AnastasiaBeaverhausen! Not the OP but I believe she said she’s a size 5.25 in one of her posts on thread below.

stc715

Rough_Rock
Hi, @AnastasiaBeaverhausen! Not the OP but I believe she said she’s a size 5.25 in one of her posts on thread below.

Ahahah yes! And the 5 stone is the same size :)

Ahahah yes! And the 5 stone is the same size :)

Much appreciated!

stc715

Rough_Rock

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very pretty!
Love the two tone :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results