shape
carat
color
clarity

50 tiiiny claws: My victorian three stone + CVB Norah stack

stc715

Rough_Rock
Sharing my late Victorian three stone and the gorgeous five stone Norah CVB made to match her! I just counted and I realized I'm wearing 50 tiny claws on one finger, ridicuous.

My center is a 1.57ct J SI1 OEC flanked by two .40ish I VS/SI1 OMCs. The center has eight thin and very tiiiiny claws and each OMCs has its own 6 prongs (maybe claws once but now are rounded from wear?).

I love her to death BUT one snapped prong later (snagged on my pants!) and a nasty indent made by a shared prong platinum ring, I realized it’s just too delicate for everyday wear. The prong was re-built by someone Lang Antiques works with but it just doesn’t look the same.:cry2:

I’d been admiring the Norah for ages (so many lovely PSer threads and photos! HS4S_2, Gussie and others!) and, with some convincing, my lovely husband agreed to have one made for my BD.

My Norah is slightly graduated (4.2-4.6mm) and we decided to match its shoulders to my engagement ring (usually has a V shape). Caysie and my husband did a lovely job and were able to repurpose 4 stones from old earrings I never wear!

All the claws do snag from time to time, but I do feel much more secure when I'm wearing the Norah vs my ering. Maybe ering will get re-set in the future but I hope I can keep the original setting for as long as possible!

IMG_8258.jpg IMG_8248.jpg IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0281.jpg IMG_5174.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chunkalicious ❤️❤️❤️
Just gorgeous!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your three stone has such beautiful proportions! Looks great with the Norah. Enjoy them both!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty stack and gorgeous stones! I love the proportions on the 3 stone.

Sorry for the off topic...love the cactus as well. I put mine outside for the summer and it has doubled in size. I'm not sure how I'll get it back in the house for winter!

stc715

Rough_Rock
What a pretty stack and gorgeous stones! I love the proportions on the 3 stone.

Sorry for the off topic...love the cactus as well. I put mine outside for the summer and it has doubled in size. I'm not sure how I'll get it back in the house for winter!

Haha, this one JUST came inside and it's thriving by the window! It's growing all over the place, lol.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:Swoon:
I’m panting from all the gorgeousness!
( paging @dreamer_dachsie It’s THE ring! )
I’m so glad you came here to post - you have no clue how much I looked at and studied your ring - like creepy amounts.
And really really glad you are ok with learning, now you are here, that I totally attempted to copy it. I would have asked if I could have - I swear!

I’m sorry to hear of the prong issues, I guess it goes with the territory? I’m surprised the Lang bench didn’t do a better match for you ( I can’t see anything glaring from your photos tho!)
This may not mean much to you, but the claws on mine from DK and CVB cluster don’t snag, but they both totally are huge lint catchers. My three stone claws are super super tiny and it remains to be seen just how much longevity they have themselves.

How long have you had the ring, if I may ask?
And that Norah is To Die For! :love:

Last edited:

stc715

Rough_Rock
:Swoon:
I’m panting from all the gorgeousness!
( paging @dreamer_dachsie It’s THE ring! )
I’m so glad you came here to post - you have no clue how much I looked at and studied your ring - like creepy amounts.
And really really glad you are ok with learning, now you are here, that I totally attempted to copy it. I would have asked if I could have - I swear!

I’m sorry to hear of the prong issues, I guess it goes with the territory? I’m surprised the Lang bench didn’t do a better match for you ( I can’t see anything glaring from your photos tho!)
This may not mean much to you, but the claws on mine from DK and CVB cluster don’t snag, but they both totally are huge lint catchers. My three stone claws are super super tiny and it remains to be seen just how much longevity they have themselves.

How long have you had the ring, if I may ask?

Omg not at all! It's lovely to find someone who appreciates the shape! And I also spent a LOT of time studying rings that looked similar (like the OWD one lol).

I know others make three-stones in a similar setting but I just love this one. I received it in errrr February of last year. I think husband bought it in... Dec 2018?

How are you liking yours these days? What do you pair it with? And I think snagging/lint collection seem to just be something that comes with thin prong territory? I've brought my ering into the bench several times but it doesn't really seem to help. My photos didn't show the re-sculpted prong bc it looks quite sad, none of the swoops/elegance from the side.

Did you see that Erstwhile is now offering remakes of the ring?
IG Stories highlight: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17842737397982634/?hl=en

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set:clap:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, yes! Another stunning three stone ring! And finally a thread of its own! :D
Like Rfisher, I’ve also gone back to the other thread numerous times to admire your rings. I second Rfisher’s comment re CvB prongs not snagging but definitely lint catchers. Btw, I may have already said it but bears repeating- your Norah perfectly complements your three stone❤
Thanks for sharing and would certainly love to see videos and (more) pics, if you will:appl::kiss2::appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhhh well done!!!

cheers--Sharon

stc715

Rough_Rock
Ah, yes! Another stunning three stone ring! And finally a thread of its own! :D
Like Rfisher, I’ve also gone back to the other thread numerous times to admire your rings. I second Rfisher’s comment re CvB prongs not snagging but definitely lint catchers. Btw, I may have already said it but bears repeating- your Norah perfectly complements your three stone❤
Thanks for sharing and would certainly love to see videos and (more) pics, if you will:appl::kiss2::appl:

Ahh that makes me feel so happy that they look like a nice pair! I looked a loooong time for something that would be a good addition. I wanted something with some history but ultimately needed something new and sturdy, lol.

Lint for life, haha. I guess it's worth it. Ooo I'll do a little vid tomorrow <3

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
So, so pretty! Love all things Victorian and antique!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this stack, the chunky facets are divine! :love:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness this is an amazing set. Congratulations!
I love how refined and elegant the style is!
More pics pretty please!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love and ogle this set of yours. It's what my spinel set wants to grow up to be :lol:
I am also a lover of the eleventy billion tiny claw! I am honestly waiting for a 'claw to snap or bend' on mine...I hope it isn't a factor for a long time. They don't snag toooo badly. The little band, not at all.
Yet.
I'll be watching.
Very closely.
*Maybe some more pictures of your lovelies?

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Beyond clawlicious!!!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Your set is perfection!
Just perfection, and the proportions and size
of your center stone is *chef hand kiss thingy

Also omg @Rfisher I see the inspiration of your ring so clearly! Its a common style but not many women adapt it for their engagement rings. Its truly gorgeous & perfect!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg not at all! It's lovely to find someone who appreciates the shape! And I also spent a LOT of time studying rings that looked similar (like the OWD one lol).

I know others make three-stones in a similar setting but I just love this one. I received it in errrr February of last year. I think husband bought it in... Dec 2018?

How are you liking yours these days? What do you pair it with? And I think snagging/lint collection seem to just be something that comes with thin prong territory? I've brought my ering into the bench several times but it doesn't really seem to help. My photos didn't show the re-sculpted prong bc it looks quite sad, none of the swoops/elegance from the side.

Did you see that Erstwhile is now offering remakes of the ring?
IG Stories highlight: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17842737397982634/?hl=en

I did see Erstwhile was marketing their replicas- as they should be! :love:

I’m no expert and I don’t have (or probably ever will) any super high bench claws, but yes I think they all will catch lint somewhat. Snagging is a different issue that I would look at differently.

Adams/OWD’s version is gorgeous! Yes! I really had a hard time deciding to cut ties with that design. It did turn out much nicer than I had anticipated from the CADs and discussions. His work is great.

I usually pair mine with a plain gold band DK made that matches the shank perfectly, or another DK (replica) band that’s rose/platinum flower/bar bead design. I mostly just mix and match bands/eternities though, if I’m just around the house or running errands.

I’d love to see a side shot of both of yours together! If you get a chance and if you are taking requests :D

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful! They look great together & really balanced! :kiss2:

I am jealous of how many CvB claws you own, given that I own none. Yet :Up_to_something:

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Love, love these. A Norah is on my long term wish list for sure. Sako is Caysie's bench. I'm sure he could fix any prong issues with your ER beautifully for you. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of your rings are beautiful! Beautiful Birthday bling!!!

Q

Queenie60

Nice! Love CVB

stc715

Rough_Rock
Another Victorian fanatic here and I am totally floored by your rings!! Swooning!

Omg yours, I AM DYING. Love your center stone shape! So unique

stc715

Rough_Rock
I love and ogle this set of yours. It's what my spinel set wants to grow up to be :lol:
I am also a lover of the eleventy billion tiny claw! I am honestly waiting for a 'claw to snap or bend' on mine...I hope it isn't a factor for a long time. They don't snag toooo badly. The little band, not at all.
Yet.
I'll be watching.
Very closely.
*Maybe some more pictures of your lovelies?

Ahh hoping your claws live long and safe lives!! I honestly should have been much more careful, so it's my fault :razz:

stc715

Rough_Rock
These are beautiful! They look great together & really balanced! :kiss2:

I am jealous of how many CvB claws you own, given that I own none. Yet :Up_to_something:

Honestly, I had it on my wish list and even had reached out to Caysie to get quotes for a much smaller ring (i was thinking like 2mm) but tabled the discussion bc of $$$.

Then realized I could just use the diamond studs I never wear, it made the process much more affordable :roll:. Wish the stones in my Norah were OEC/OMCs but honestly am happy with the history of the stones I have! Even tho 2 have pretty noticeable inclusions, lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results