shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Hi - I've been searching and searching here for days...can't find any threads on 5 stone asscher/emerald wedding bands...does anyone recollect a thread on this? I'm looking for ideas.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I tried to provide a link, but it did not work. Instead of using the search engine for the entire site, use the one for this forum only. Type in 5 stone emerald or assher band,, or anything similar and you will get pages and pages of posts addressing your topic.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ruby and gypsy! Interesting about the cost being considerably higher. do you know why that is? Maybe I can start with rounds and upgrade over time!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, sweet_pea! my e-ring is a ~2ct RB. Not sure I'd wear it with the e-ring though...probably instead of. I've always loved step cuts, but didn't choose my e-ring. I feel like a nice 5 stone can satisfy my interest.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a lot harder to source matching fancy cuts in that size. Especially with step cuts, so much depends on the individual faceting of the stones. There is a jeweler in Hawaii that specializes in asscher jewelry, Asscher_girl posted thier stuff and it was lovely. Of course it cost quite a bit.

I have lovely 5 stone-- with a twist (the twist being 8 other stones) that I adore. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-aurora-1-2-eternity-is-ready-and-on-the-way.154113/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-aurora-1-2-eternity-is-ready-and-on-the-way.154113/[/URL]

There are ways to customize blingy bands without going to step cuts. Though I to, love them.

Actually my favorite all time step cut band is this one from Leon http://www.micropave.com/index.php/bands/band-hamptons.html

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1311581494|2976208 said:
I think it is a lot harder to source matching fancy cuts in that size. Especially with step cuts, so much depends on the individual faceting of the stones. There is a jeweler in Hawaii that specializes in asscher jewelry, Asscher_girl posted thier stuff and it was lovely. Of course it cost quite a bit.

I have lovely 5 stone-- with a twist (the twist being 8 other stones) that I adore. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-aurora-1-2-eternity-is-ready-and-on-the-way.154113/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-aurora-1-2-eternity-is-ready-and-on-the-way.154113/[/URL]

There are ways to customize blingy bands without going to step cuts. Though I to, love them.

Actually my favorite all time step cut band is this one from Leon http://www.micropave.com/index.php/bands/band-hamptons.html

Thanks, Gypsy, for the helpful info about matching step cuts. Your 5 (+extra 8) stone is amazingly beautiful...perhaps I should think of alternatives to a 5 stone step cut. The Leon one is also amazing, though a tad outside what I wanted to spend...maybe one day!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
As a person who could not wait to log on to check out ebay and has bought a few wonderful pieces of jewelry in the PAST, I say now be very, very careful who you deal with. There are so many scams going on there it boggles the imagination--plated jewelry instead of real gold, fake stones being sold as diamonds and real gems, one guy getting 100s of negatives for selling synthetic alexandrite as natural-and still selling it, and my personal favorite, at least one seller who copied word for word other seller's auctions, complete with pictures, one of which had another seller's name still on it, and sold close to $30,000 worth of other people's jewelry as his own. Despite being reported ebay does not have a clue, and unfortunately will not be much help if you get scr**ed.

Just a warning from a former lover of ebay, do research, check toolhaus.org for history, and be very knowledgable of what you are buying and who you are dealing with.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1311617633|2976425 said:
As a person who could not wait to log on to check out ebay and has bought a few wonderful pieces of jewelry in the PAST, I say now be very, very careful who you deal with. There are so many scams going on there it boggles the imagination--plated jewelry instead of real gold, fake stones being sold as diamonds and real gems, one guy getting 100s of negatives for selling synthetic alexandrite as natural-and still selling it, and my personal favorite, at least one seller who copied word for word other seller's auctions, complete with pictures, one of which had another seller's name still on it, and sold close to $30,000 worth of other people's jewelry as his own. Despite being reported ebay does not have a clue, and unfortunately will not be much help if you get scr**ed.

Just a warning from a former lover of ebay, do research, check toolhaus.org for history, and be very knowledgable of what you are buying and who you are dealing with.

thank you very much for the warning...i'll check out toolhous. i figure the prices are just too good to be legit.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI central!

In terms of price, and comparing to round diamond bands: Since Asscher cuts are far lass common than rounds, there's less opportunity for "commercial" quality ones.
Plus, if Asscher cuts have imperfections you can see, it's a turn off. The facet pattern of a round diamond will hide many imperfections that might show in an Asscher cut.
So- as a rule, quality for quality, rounds are generally more costly per carat compared to ( generic) Asscher cuts- but the lack of lower quality Asscher cuts makes it look like they're more costly.

+1 to Ruby59's post.
It's wise to be VERY cautious on eBay, as they won;t really be of much help in many situations that hurt buyers.
BTW- they also offer scant protection for sellers- our photos get stolen, it seems, once a week.
You have to prove to eBay that you took the photo while you were still in the womb to get them to prevent others from using it:)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Rockdiamond|1311626364|2976537 said:
HI central!

In terms of price, and comparing to round diamond bands: Since Asscher cuts are far lass common than rounds, there's less opportunity for "commercial" quality ones.
Plus, if Asscher cuts have imperfections you can see, it's a turn off. The facet pattern of a round diamond will hide many imperfections that might show in an Asscher cut.
So- as a rule, quality for quality, rounds are generally more costly per carat compared to ( generic) Asscher cuts- but the lack of lower quality Asscher cuts makes it look like they're more costly.

+1 to Ruby59's post.
It's wise to be VERY cautious on eBay, as they won;t really be of much help in many situations that hurt buyers.
BTW- they also offer scant protection for sellers- our photos get stolen, it seems, once a week.
You have to prove to eBay that you took the photo while you were still in the womb to get them to prevent others from using it:)

That, David, very helpful. I think I'm off of the ebay options for now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results