shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone or eternity ring?

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy a anniversary ring on my wedding anniversary which is next month. I am debating as to what is a good buy 5 stone wedding ring or eternity ring?

I am looking for a 2 carat that Costco has which is a decent price
Has anyone purchased ring from Costco before? are their things better quality? reviews look great and so does the price as compared to other jewelers. I have heard mixed reviews on eternity rings that it hurts in between fingers if its a big size. is that true? The width of this ring is about 3.4 mm. is that considerable size on a finger? My ring size is 7. I don't want it to look too tiny.

5 stone wedding ring what I like is from James Allen. This ring is also approx 3.4 mm. Not sure how this will look on size 7 finger.

Help me decide which is a good choice. Any other places which offer decent pricing? If anyone of you own rings this type please share pics for reference.

Thanks everyone for your input.

sspp08

Rough_Rock
what size 5 stone ring is considered decent size? I would like to wear it sometimes with my engagement ring and sometimes as a standalone ring.

Malha777

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi!

In my opinion if you’re looking for an eternity band you’d have to be more careful than buying a 5 stone ring. Generally handmade eternity bands would be more comfortable and slim, giving more attention to the diamonds instead of having too much metal. Something like that one from Costco looks very pretty but I’m not sure it would be so comfortable to wear. If you’re looking for a 5 stone ring the width of the shank can definitely be smaller than what would be the one on the eternity. More comfortable to wear, and the stones on top can be a bit larger. If you’re looking into wearing it with your engagement ring make sure it doesn’t overpower it, otherwise it would take away the beauty of both! Larger doesn’t always mean better looking.

I personally love eternity bands. The crafting of them it is sooo important though.
Pros:
-wearable piece of art
-amazing sparkle from every angle
-powerful meaning behind it
-luxurious
Cons:
-not really sizable
-if not well made, uncomfortable
-you could damage the stones more easily

5 stone rings are very versatile and a beautiful addition to your jewellery box.
Pros:
- easily sizable
-5 larger stones on top
-more sparkle from top view
-less chance to bang the stones around
-usually comfortable even when the setting is cast and not handmade
Cons:
-no sparkle all around
-it doesn’t have the classic “eternity” ring meaning
-it could overpower the engagement ring if worn together

Pick the best quality you can for your budget and you’ll be way happier than having a bigger ring for less :)

have a good day!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you get a 5 stone I'd advise getting the stones big enough so they give side to side coverage across the top of your finger. This
helps to keep the ring from turning because your side fingers help hold the ring in place.

I started with a .87 5 stone on a size 6 3/4 finger. They were not big enough to cover the top of my finger and the setting would be
slightly off-kilter at any given time. I then went to a 1.4ctw 7-stone (see avatar) that pretty much stays perfectly between my fingers and always
faces up. It would help if you could try on some different ctw 5 stones to see what size stones work the best for you.

Did you get any quotes from ID Jewelry? A lot of people get their 5 stones from them (its where I got my 7 stone). Ask for PS quality stones. It will
probably be a custom order so ask if its returnable if its not what you want.

We do have a thread on Costco jewels owned by PSers here...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big is your ER? That will come into play re how they’ll look together.

sspp08

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am more in favor of a 5 stone ring(1.50 ctw) but it is so expensive and my budget is not that much. Costco ring on the other hand is quite cheaper as compared to the other one so am thinking about that one. I have a 2.06 carat Engagement ring and I have 2 half eternity ring that I wear with it so this new one was for the right finger. Getting a full eternity would kinda look similar? idk...so confused.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I have the costco 1 carat eternity ring! I love it :)
IMG_6843.JPG IMG_7177.JPG

sspp08

Rough_Rock
If you get a 5 stone I'd advise getting the stones big enough so they give side to side coverage across the top of your finger. This
helps to keep the ring from turning because your side fingers help hold the ring in place.

I started with a .87 5 stone on a size 6 3/4 finger. They were not big enough to cover the top of my finger and the setting would be
slightly off-kilter at any given time. I then went to a 1.4ctw 7-stone (see avatar) that pretty much stays perfectly between my fingers and always
faces up. It would help if you could try on some different ctw 5 stones to see what size stones work the best for you.

Did you get any quotes from ID Jewelry? A lot of people get their 5 stones from them (its where I got my 7 stone). Ask for PS quality stones. It will
probably be a custom order so ask if its returnable if its not what you want.

We do have a thread on Costco jewels owned by PSers here...

Thats exactly what I am worried about. What if the 5 stone is small enough if I get a 1ct weight and doesn't spread well enough on my finger and turns around. I am a size 7 and after hearing your experience 7 stone might provide good coverage.
I will check ID jewelry.

sspp08

Rough_Rock
I have the costco 1 carat eternity ring! I love it :)
IMG_6843.JPG IMG_7177.JPG

Oh great..thanks for posting the pic. I already have a 1/2 ct half eternity from blue nile which I wear with my ering right now which is 2.4mm. This Costco ring is about 3.4mm I am thinking it will look quote the same as half eternity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results