shape
carat
color
clarity

5/7 to 5/14 BWW weight loss thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 6:11:42 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Gypsy, you''ve been through a lot and I''m glad you''re talking about it with someone you trust. That''s great!

Sumbride -- Do you have time for a little light reading this evening? Um, yeah, sorry about that.

Oh yeah, I wanted to say how yummy that farmer''s market sounds. I love going to them -- in fact, I may go tomorrow after school. I''ve never had quinoa.

Allie, you''re the one who decided on getting married at the Endicott Estate in MA, right? How are plans going?

I have eaten way too many carbs today and sad to say, we''re having spaghetti and chicken sausage tonight for dinner. I had a bagel with light cream cheese for breakfast. For lunch, I had a half of another bagel (they were brought in for us at work). I haven''t had much to drink today but I''ll load up water tonight.

We love Al Fresca brand chicken sausage. I''d say we have it once a week or so. I don''t like regular sausage but this stuff is good. Please tell me it''s okay to have.
Honey, can you have the sausage-- but have a ton of water 30 minutes before, and keep the portion of the sausage small, like a treat? It''s so hard to tell with Chicken sausage, I have a few brands I buy that are SO great, fiber, low fat, high protien, reasonable calories... and then other''s where I read the label and might as well go for the pork. This is about building each of our own confidences in our food choices, and trusting our judgement. What do you think you should do about the sausage?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I think I CAN have it and I know it''s healthier than the regular stuff. I just feel guilty saying that I''m having it because it gets a bad rap. I''ll be good -- just one link.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 6:46:05 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Gypsy, I think I CAN have it and I know it''s healthier than the regular stuff. I just feel guilty saying that I''m having it because it gets a bad rap. I''ll be good -- just one link.
There you go. No bad raps, no food guilt or shame-- enjoy the HECK outa your link!

I''ve had:
1 vitamin water: 150 calories 20oz. Have a headache, so I''m probably de-hydrated. Will drink more.
2 lemon creme girlscout cookies (only thing in my desk and I was dizzy from not eating breakfast)
1 cup of ''healthy'' chicken noodle.
high fiber whole grain roll.

Dinner? If I get out of here in time I''d like to make my potato leek soup.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 3:38:31 PM
Author: sumbride
Thanks Gypsy! My sister is having her gallbladder out tomorrow so I''m a bit stressed as this surgery is dangerous in her condition. I''m hoping to not need mine taken out... This will be 2 of the 4 kids without one so far. On the way to the hospital, they''re stopping at a steakhouse for dinner. Hmmm... steak and gallbladder surgery? See a pattern? It''s all I can do to say ''NOOOOOOO!!!'' but, well, I''m having beef tonight as well.... we''ve got some lean steak cube kabobs from a local farm. Very expensive though, so we only have a little bit. Maybe if we only buy really expensive meat we''ll eat less of it? Quality over quantity? It''s a thought.

I was just flipping through some junkmail and saw a book catalog with a title that intrigued me... ''Does this clutter make my butt look fat?'' by Peter Walsh. I looked it up on Amazon and it''s about how to clean out your mind and your house and your body all at the same time. I''ve been doing a LOT of decluttering of the house lately and I wonder if that''s why I''m ready to declutter the body? Maybe what makes me hold on to crap I don''t need makes me hold on to pounds I don''t need? Maybe part of the insecurity is all one in the same? Interesting concept. Of course, decluttering the kitchen does make it easier to cook, but is cleaning out our office the key to leading a healthy life? Well... maybe it could quiet the mind a bit and help me be more ''in the moment''.

During my wedding planning I went through periods of ravenous eating... couldn''t fill myself up, to times when I was so stressed I couldn''t eat... and a bout with pneumonia that had me rapidly losing 20 pounds and then gaining it back on steroids to heal my lungs... and then back into the not eating... I lost a good 30 pounds in the 3 months prior to my wedding, but I didn''t feel good and I didn''t look good. People kept telling me I looked tired and weak and weary. Take care of yourselves now ladies! It is a very stressful and emotional time and even little things like drinking your water will help you look and feel better.

Sumbride - as a fellow PSer who lost most of my weight after my wedding, and could only do it then in a healthy way (I yo-yo''ed a lot before the wedding just like you did), I think this is a very valid theory, the cleaning out your body and cleaning out your life. When I started losing, I was deciding whether or not to stay in grad school to get my PhD, and I was working on my relationship with some toxic relatives, and I had a whole list of other things that I was maybe going to get to.

Somehow, it became a whole-life process for me. I finally started volunteering at the animal shelter like I''d been meaning to, and I really committed to it. I re-committed to grad school and finishing my PhD. I cleaned out my closet regularly as I lost weight, and now I have it whittled down to fewer clothes than my DH. Our apartment is cleaner and neater than it has ever been. Its not perfect mind you (we tend to accumulate paper stacks), but its pretty wonderful, and its so relaxing to come home to. I distanced myself from the toxic relatives and that really freed up my mental and emotional energies to focus on things that were more important to me.

Anyway, I think it was a combination of wanting to clean stuff out of my body and my life and sort of resolving to finally DO things I''d been putting off for whatever reason. So for whatever its worth, I think that''s a great impulse for you and for anyone else reading this and thinking about making this kind of change - I really can''t overstate how amazing it has been for me and how blessed I feel that I finally made this important lifestyle change.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hey Zoe - It was good reading! I''ll reply soon. Man we have a lot in common!

Quinoa is really yummy and has LOTS of protein! It tastes like cous cous but is not a pasta, it''s a seed/grain. I first made it last year for a party because I have a vegan friend and wanted to provide something filling for her, but everyone else loved it too, and since then I''ve played with that original recipe a few times. Here''s the recipe I used. Steaming it is kind of a pain, but it does make it a lot fluffier.

Gypsy - I KNOW! I can''t believe they are going to a steakhouse the night before gallbladder removal! Of course, my MIL went to Checker''s for a burger and fries on her way to a heart catheterization, and had Ledo''s pizza the night before her valve replacement. So I guess it''s like a "last blast" or something.

I went to my water aerobics class and did a quick pre-class walk on the treadmill to make up for not commuting today. Class was good but my feet started cramping up during some kicking laps! OWW!!! They still sort of ache now. The class is taking 2 weeks off as they take the dome off the pool, and I''m kind of bummed because I''ll miss it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sumbride-you MIL had a valve replacement? What kind of valve? Aortic, pulmonary? Has she had any before?

I''m keeping up on water, and totally slacking on food. And exercise. On friday though, I have my last final, and then I''m going to go shopping at our outdoor mall, and walk my booty off. And THEN I''ll start paying attention to food again. Yay!

Also, I totally believe in quality vs. quantity. If you''re craving dark chocolate-go for a piece of dark chocolate. It''s been my experience that cravings DO NOT GO AWAY until satiated or forgotten about. And forgetting? HAH!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 10:11:01 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Sumbride-you MIL had a valve replacement? What kind of valve? Aortic, pulmonary? Has she had any before?

It was for her heart, but I don''t know whether it was mitral or aortic. Congenital defect, apparently. They didn''t discover it until about 5 years ago, so she had the surgery. They gave her a pig valve! Apparently they don''t have a long life span so we''re trying to figure out if she''ll be due for another one soon. She maintains that she has no "other" heart problems so she still eats lots of bad stuff, but, well, one open heart surgery is enough, isn''t it? Her boyfriend had bypass last year, but they still eat terrible terrible food. Oh well. It''s her life.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 10:26:07 PM
It was for her heart, but I don''t know whether it was mitral or aortic. Congenital defect, apparently. They didn''t discover it until about 5 years ago, so she had the surgery. They gave her a pig valve! Apparently they don''t have a long life span so we''re trying to figure out if she''ll be due for another one soon. She maintains that she has no ''other'' heart problems so she still eats lots of bad stuff, but, well, one open heart surgery is enough, isn''t it? Her boyfriend had bypass last year, but they still eat terrible terrible food. Oh well. It''s her life.
Ah. I asked because FF had a aortic valve replacement almost two years ago-and his was pig as well. They''ve told him that if he takes good care of it it should last about 10-15 years. His was also a congenital defect. Of course he was 23 when they discovered it.
I hope she starts eating better. I do not look forward to FF having another surgery...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for that reply AmberGretchen. I do feel like it''s all connected. We''ve really been keeping our main floor clean and neat thanks to a lot of public use lately, but still have work to do on the rest of it. I think that it has a lot to do with the change in lifestyle both DH and I are starting to make. I''ve been really impressed with your story so it''s great to hear that it all worked together for you!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 10:32:36 PM
Date: 5/7/2008 10:26:07 PM

It was for her heart, but I don''t know whether it was mitral or aortic. Congenital defect, apparently. They didn''t discover it until about 5 years ago, so she had the surgery. They gave her a pig valve! Apparently they don''t have a long life span so we''re trying to figure out if she''ll be due for another one soon. She maintains that she has no ''other'' heart problems so she still eats lots of bad stuff, but, well, one open heart surgery is enough, isn''t it? Her boyfriend had bypass last year, but they still eat terrible terrible food. Oh well. It''s her life.

Ah. I asked because FF had a aortic valve replacement almost two years ago-and his was pig as well. They''ve told him that if he takes good care of it it should last about 10-15 years. His was also a congenital defect. Of course he was 23 when they discovered it.

I hope she starts eating better. I do not look forward to FF having another surgery...

I think they told her 8-10 years, but it could have to do with other factors, like her general poor health. She definitely doesn''t take care of herself. I think your FF will benefit from his youth and health as well as new technology. I hope he doesn''t need another one for a long time!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, just a word of caution, vitamin water has a fair bit of sodium in it. If you''re feeling dehydrated, make sure you drink something else (like tea) that''s not VW. Or maybe cut the VW a little with regular water. I only mention it because you said you felt a little dehydrated. If it doesn''t apply to you then disregard what I said.

Well, didn''t make it to the gym, but took the dog for a run with my sister. She doesn''t like running, the dog nor my sister, so we didn''t even do 3/4 a mile. I''m a little better with running and would do 2 mi total combination of running and some walking. But every little bit helps, right?

How did you ladies do with your goals today? Tomorrow i"m going to work on not munching so much @ home. Do a really healthy breakfast & lunch because I"m meeting an old college friend @ Portillo''s (Chicago Italian Beef) for dinner tomorrow. Oy!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Well girls, I didn''t quite meet my water goal, but I did better than usual. I also only had a half of a diet coke today, so I cut out soda. Oh and no juicy juice.
12.gif
I did however have a few donuts.
14.gif
Oopsie.

I told FI he really needs to get on board with me. We will talk about it more tomorrow I suppose since I picked a rather inopportune time to ask. I felt good about myself today when I got all dressed up and put make-up on and did my hair (not in that order) and went to my interview. I thought hey wow I am actually pretty. But I realized by this afternoon that it was of course my face only I was thinking of. As I told FI, I am tired of being the fat girl with the pretty face. Or "Wow you''d be so hot if you lost a few pounds!" FI doesn''t look at me that way, but a lot of people do. It gets old.
38.gif
He thinks I''m beautiful.
1.gif
I mean I don''t really care what the world thinks of me, but it would be nice not to feel like I don''t fit in.
37.gif
Don''t get me wrong I love being the center of attention and all, and I do get checked out occasionally or I get compliments, I just wish it I didn''t get qualifiers like "for a bigger girl." Oh well I just keep doing my best and being my bubbly self and hopefully one day my looks will match my personality. My secret goal? Be a plus size model.
5.gif
All right all I am off to get some reading done eventually and hopefully get some sleep.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know it had a lot of sodium in it. Hmm. I''ll have to cut it with water from now on.

I''m sucking too sarah. I''m at like 30 oz. I''ll start guzzling now. I should be able to get to my goal by bed time with a concerted effort.

I was okay on the rest of my goals, so I better get cracking on the water. Plain water. Not vitamin water.

Sarah, it helps when your FI is on board. You''ve got a wonderful personality. And I''m sure you ARE beautiful JUST AS YOU ARE. Especially to your love. But to everyone who knows you and isn''t so caught up in the beauty is only skin deep of it all. Which would you rather be-- a cast iron b!tch who men drool over but no one truly loves, and everyone only tolerates because of your looks, which will fade... or you??? ((HUGS)) though honey.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Sarah - I''m with you on the "pretty face" comment. A couple of years ago my mom said "your face is like Helen of Troy..." and then I heard the unsaid "but..." It''s nice to get a compliment, but why does it have to hurt? It''s probably all in our heads though.

I did a "Just My Size" Yoga video the other day... the instructor on the video is a plus size model and she''s stunning. All over, not just her face. A lot of it is self confidence, not dress size. Exude your beauty and others will see it. You are beautiful!

Oh, and I asked my DH to go to yoga with me on Saturday. He said "I''m not quite ready for that yet..." It takes them a little longer to catch up sometimes, but of course, they lose weight faster than us. grrrr!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmberGretchen - It''s great to hear that you''ve been successful in losing weight, especially after the wedding!! I''m a little worried that my new found passion for working out and moderating my portions may all end soon after I say "I do"!! Would you mind sharing some more details with us about your success in losing weight and keeping it off?

Gypsy, Sarah and Everyone Else Struggling With Water - I''ve been meaning to post a few of my ideas about water. I do not like refrigerated bottled water. It is too cold. Sometimes, maybe, like while hiking, but for everyday, I take my bottled water room temperature. There are some bottled waters like Dasani that are treated somehow (I am not sure how) that makes the water somehow smoother and more pleasant to drink. I haven''t purchased that in a while. Right now, I''m drinking a spring water called Ty NANT from Wales. Hmm, it says to serve chilled, never noticed that before, I don''t. I found it at Target. I love it. It comes in a neat bottle. I am sure it is all marketing, but it tastes better to me.

I don''t know, I was thinking maybe some of you find the coldness of the water objectionable. I can drink a small bottle of water in a few minutes if unrefrigerated, but not if it''s cold.

I refill bottles with tap water from home (just a few times). Yummy. Room Temp. I cannot drink the tap water from work. One town over. Has a very metallic taste to it.

Sometimes, I will pour a little cranberry juice in a tall glass. Maybe an inch or so and fill with tap water. Add ice cubes. Delicious. Mostly water. It counts, and it doesn''t taste like just water!

I also used to buy canned seltzer water and would do the same thing with cranberry juice. Like soda, but not soda. Way less sugar, plus lots o'' water.

Good luck with your water intake. Hope this helps some!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
sumbride - its so wonderful that you and DH are taking those steps together. My DH was really supportive but wasn't really on board for the first 9 months or so of my weight loss/cleaning/taking action spurt. But more recently, he has gotten on the bandwagon as well - he says I inspired him
9.gif
, and he's actually lost 25 lbs (that's really all he had to lose), and he's also starting to take more initiative in other areas as well.

One thought I've had for all of you as I'm reading this thread - I think its actually a recipe for more frustration than is really necessary to be focusing on what you CAN'T have. Many of you have mentioned liking healthy foods, so maybe try to focus more on what you SHOULD have and will enjoy. I've found meals that I really enjoy that are still really healthy and that's pretty much what I eat most days during the week - these are things that really taste good to me over and over again, so I don't feel deprived. My personal favorites include a breakfast of approximately 4 oz 2% Fage Greek Yogurt, fresh fruit (strawberries are my faves), and a small portion of high fiber cereal (right now I'm using a high fiber Granola called Galaxy Granola - super tasty). I sweeten it with a little splenda or sugar-free maple syrup and add some cinnamon, and its really yummy and I truly enjoy it.

Focusing on foods you enjoy and that are good for your health and your body rather than focusing on foods you "CAN'T" (or really shouldn't) have can help a lot I've found. And by all means, if you do indulge (I do it daily - I have a huge sweet tooth so I always have SOMETHING at the end of the day, whether its some fresh fruit w/ whipped cream, or a few squares of dark chocolate, or as Ms. Gypsy saw, a Beard Papa cream puff hehe), enjoy every last morsel and savor it as slowly as you can manage. I think you might be surprised by how little you really need to enjoy it - if you pay attention to when it stops tasting good, I bet that three cupcakes will never really be enjoyed as much as the first half of a cupcake would. And you will discover after a while that when you eat them less frequently, you enjoy those cupcakes exponentially more, and it takes far smaller amounts to satisfy you.

Loves Vintage - you're really sweet. I do think it can be hard to keep it up after the wedding or other big event you are "dieting" for, which is why its so important to think of it as a lifestyle change and not deprivation. For me personally, one of the important keys was tracking my food online. I use Sparkpeople, and that's worked well for me. I think the reason is that all the emotional weirdness I had from my family and others about food and weight (and trust me there was A LOT), this sort of took that out of the equation. It became less about "I'm a bad person because I had a cookie" and more about "OK, I had a cookie, so I will eat less later today or tomorrow so that it balances out." Does that make sense?

Anyway, this is a ridiculously long post by now, but I will promise to try to keep chiming in and sharing things that I think might be helpful to you ladies who are working on this.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Sumbride, getting someone else involved always is a motivator! Amber, congrats on the weight loss post-wedding and here''s to keeping it off!

As Amber has said, moderation and balancing are key! Yes, have some dessert, but eat steamed veggies with dinner if you are craving some sweets. I saw an article not too long ago (I''ll look for the link later) that brought up artifical sweetners. It mentioned that even though you can put these sugar subs in food, your body can still crave actual sugar. I always thought that the whole point was to trick your brain into thinking that you were getting sugar!

Water today - spilled half of my nalgene bottle all over my desk, so only about 32 oz. thus far. My breakfast and snack are always the same at work.
Breakfast - English muffin, egg white, non-fat cheese, and turkey sausage. (18g of protein and 230 calories)
Snack - The greatest snack on Earth - Fiber One Bar in chocolate.. (140 calories with 9g of fiber)

My problem is on the weekends. Since I am not in the office, I find it harder to eat right. How odd is that??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cheese omelet for breakfast with Salsa. light cheese and egg beaters.

Liquid. Um... 2 ounces. I'll work on it. I did make my goal last night though.

About Vitamin water.. I was just looking at my bottle, and it says zero sodium.
33.gif

How I'm feeling today: rested. And looking forward to Friday. More relaxed about wedding stuff, still have yesterday's headache lingering though. Want to have lunch someplace outside. Maybe I'll see if a friend wants to join me. Would be nice to be social.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 1:15:37 PM
Author: Gypsy
Cheese omelet for breakfast with Salsa. light cheese and egg beaters.

Liquid. Um... 2 ounces. I''ll work on it. I did make my goal last night though.

About Vitamin water.. I was just looking at my bottle, and it says zero sodium.
33.gif

How I''m feeling today: rested. And looking forward to Friday. More relaxed about wedding stuff, still have yesterday''s headache lingering though. Want to have lunch someplace outside. Maybe I''ll see if a friend wants to join me. Would be nice to be social.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Which type are you drinking?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glaceau vitamin water. I have three different bottles, and all of them say no sodium. Carbs are high though at 13grams. Need to work on that.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, I meant which flavor. It looks like every flavor has a different amount of sugars in it. And since there are roughly 2.5 servings in a bottle (the 20 oz bottles) and 13 sugars, that''s 32.5 grams of sugar per bottle. That could be a reason for the dehydration..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 1:58:01 PM
Author: Stephanie
sorry, I meant which flavor. It looks like every flavor has a different amount of sugars in it. And since there are roughly 2.5 servings in a bottle (the 20 oz bottles) and 13 sugars, that''s 32.5 grams of sugar per bottle. That could be a reason for the dehydration..
UM. I never did the math before-- at all. I suck at math, and avoid it so it''s not surprising. Hmm. Must re-think drinking these things. Completely. Wow. That''s a LOT of carbs and sugar. A LOT. TONS. YIKES.

Thanks Steph! I''m gonna go re-think drinking habits. Cranberry juice (inch) with water huh? I like cold beverages and drinks and can drink them easier. And I love sparkling water. I think maybe instead of vitamin water I''ll have sparkling water everyday. YIKES. THANK YOU.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Glaceau makes a Fruitwater. I''ve never seen it in a grocer (mainly because I haven''t looked for it I guess.) But it has 5g of sugar for every 8 ounces (approx. 12.5 per 20oz bottle). I love the Smartwater, so I bet that this Fruitwater would be good too. Plus, who doesn''t like a little flavor with their water?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to post a little me update as well! I am doing so well! It's only because the big elopement day is fast approaching with less than a month to go now -- 6/5! And, you know, that wouldn't even do it! My dress fitting was earlier this week. She is taking it in a little here and there and up a teensy little bit and adding some cap sleeves, turning the neckline into a sweetheart, and adding a lace back as well (all for nada
3.gif
! Tee-hee-hee! But, that's another story.) Ahh, back to my point, dress fits, would be all set. It's the pictures that are killing me. We are having a pro photographer even though it's just the two of us and I want to look the best I can!! If my arms can look slightly thinner, slightly more sculpted . . . well, then, I don't know what, it's better than if they didn't.

Ok, so, I've been eating really well. Today, I had a little bit o' spaghetti leftover from last night (which I do not feel badly about -- reasonable portions) and a banana when I got to work. Lots o' TyNANT water.

Lunch was a handful of wheat thins (we have them in the office, and they are evil), about a cup of low fat cottage cheese (love it, tons of protein) and about 8 sliced fresh strawberries.

I had a Kashi crunchy granola bar - 180 cal/6 grams of fat. All natural ingredients. No partially hydrogenated oils. No fake sugars.

I've had 3 hardcore training sessions so far. 50 minutes a piece. 7 am (one was at 6 am). I am not a morning person. It is painful. It hurts A LOT. I tell my trainer it hurts. He'll say something like, ok, 6 more. Uggh. I'm going there tomorrow at 7 am. Then 10 more times before we depart for Croatia!

I seriously need to do some Cardio at home though. I'm totally commited to my goal, except when I get home after work, I'm lucky to take the dogs for a walk, which is more like a sniff-a-thon, and then just chill for the evening. Must get on treadclimber.

Ok, and I feel tired.

That's all. Oh, the moral of my story. You will find your motivation increasing as your date approaches, just try not to let it wait around for as long as mine did.
14.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2008 2:15:36 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 5/8/2008 1:58:01 PM
UM. I never did the math before-- at all. I suck at math, and avoid it so it''s not surprising. Hmm. Must re-think drinking these things. Completely. Wow. That''s a LOT of carbs and sugar. A LOT. TONS. YIKES.

Thanks Steph! I''m gonna go re-think drinking habits. Cranberry juice (inch) with water huh? I like cold beverages and drinks and can drink them easier. And I love sparkling water. I think maybe instead of vitamin water I''ll have sparkling water everyday. YIKES. THANK YOU.
Ok, maybe an inch and a half? Ocean Spray sells low-calorie cranberry juice. Don''t buy it!! I''m pretty sure it just has more water in it. What great marketing that is, huh? Here, try this juice, it has less calories, and uhm, less actual product, all for the same price.

So I''d suggest real/straight cranberry juice, and you might need to start with more, and then work your way down to less juice, more water.

And, Poland Spring sells sparkling waters, and some that are flavored too. They also sell plain selzters, which I use to water down the cran juice, and flavored seltzers which you might like on their own.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Loves. That just makes me kind of tired to read that! Congratulations on being able to stick to your work outs (especially that early!)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2008 2:35:59 PM
Wow, Loves. That just makes me kind of tired to read that! Congratulations on being able to stick to your work outs (especially that early!)
Thanks, Stephanie. I know, sometimes I wonder if I should just cut back and book more rooms or something. Or, buy men''s dress shoes. {When is he going to do that?}

But, anyway, my weight has been fluctuating, a little up, a little down, why doesn''t it just go down already, by a lot!?!
7.gif
I suppose my expectations are just too high . . . . But, I won''t give up.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage! Thanks for the post about water. I am going to try it. I love new water! I like Fiji a lot, but it''s not worth the money all the time. I always have expensive taste. In this case, it''s literally.
20.gif

I got up late today everyone because my sleep schedule is officially reversed!! I sleep during the day and don''t sleep at night, ahhh I''m a vampire! Just kidding, but anyway. I will start fixing it this weekend since my internship starts in like 2 weeks and I uh have to get up..really..really..really..early.
6.gif
23.gif
32.gif
Can you tell I am not a morning person?

Anyway, my last exam is tomorrow, yaaay! Before bed last night I was able to add 1.5 glasses of water, btw. All I''ve had to eat today so far is a bowl of cocoa puffs. Yeah I know chocolaty, sugary cereal, bad. I am just going to veg out (aside from sodas) and start over on Sunday. I am going to try to drink my 6 glasses of water today though!

I am going to go browse some PS and get some studying done since I am getting such a late start for the day.
3.gif
Bye for now!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
So I just found a book/program/website that seems to address emotional eating and how to deal with it... it''s called Shrink Yourself. Anybody heard of it? Tried it? There''s a 12 week online program for $120 that is supposed to guide you through the process of recognizing what your issues are and how to deal with them. I''m not sure if it''s worth it yet or not, but that''s the one aspect of dieting I''ve never really dealt with and it is always my downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results