shape
carat
color
clarity

5/7 to 5/14 BWW weight loss thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m doing pretty well. I''m down 8 pounds since I started tracking it, but I think about 10 pounds since my hospital visit a few weeks ago. My watch is loose. I just noticed that it won''t stop spinning on my wrist. I think I need to get a link taken out. Apparently that water weight makes a difference! I had dinner with a friend last night and she said she could tell I''d lost some as I was walking down the street, which surprised me because I really wouldn''t think 8-10 pounds would show on me. It put me in a better mood though, and we were so busy talking that I only ate half my dinner, a Neapolitan caprese pizza and a side salad. She has lost quite a bit of weight in the last few years, so eating with her is a positive experience.

I''m really enjoying the book I was talking about earlier, Shrink Yourself. It''s really helping me identify emotional vs. physical hunger and giving me a few clues into why I am an emotional eater and what I can do to be more aware and less driven by it. I''m only about halfway through though, but at this point I highly recommend it for anyone else who identifies with the concept.

I did have a rough day at work yesterday and I noticed myself getting instantly hungry after an email from my boss. Instead I walked around the office, filled my water bottle, and drank it. That helped and as I breathed a LOT, I felt better and was not achy hungry anymore. Pure and simple emotional hunger. Since I started to recognize the difference, I haven''t really felt constantly hungry like I did before. I am hungry when it''s mealtime, but it''s more of a dull achy patient hunger. It can wait a bit.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 10:28:42 AM
Author: sumbride
I''m doing pretty well. I''m down 8 pounds since I started tracking it, but I think about 10 pounds since my hospital visit a few weeks ago. My watch is loose. I just noticed that it won''t stop spinning on my wrist. I think I need to get a link taken out. Apparently that water weight makes a difference! I had dinner with a friend last night and she said she could tell I''d lost some as I was walking down the street, which surprised me because I really wouldn''t think 8-10 pounds would show on me. It put me in a better mood though, and we were so busy talking that I only ate half my dinner, a Neapolitan caprese pizza and a side salad. She has lost quite a bit of weight in the last few years, so eating with her is a positive experience.

I''m really enjoying the book I was talking about earlier, Shrink Yourself. It''s really helping me identify emotional vs. physical hunger and giving me a few clues into why I am an emotional eater and what I can do to be more aware and less driven by it. I''m only about halfway through though, but at this point I highly recommend it for anyone else who identifies with the concept.

I did have a rough day at work yesterday and I noticed myself getting instantly hungry after an email from my boss. Instead I walked around the office, filled my water bottle, and drank it. That helped and as I breathed a LOT, I felt better and was not achy hungry anymore. Pure and simple emotional hunger. Since I started to recognize the difference, I haven''t really felt constantly hungry like I did before. I am hungry when it''s mealtime, but it''s more of a dull achy patient hunger. It can wait a bit.

sumbride - that''s awesome that you are starting to be able to parse your hunger from emotional to physical. It sounds like that is a huge part of the battle for you (as for most people), and you have such a healthy, sensible approach to addressing it, which is great
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And of course, congrats on already starting to see results - 10 lbs is awesome, and you should be very proud
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks AG! I do feel proud!
9.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
That''s incredible Sum!! Congrats!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sum that is awesome, keep up the good work!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Well all I ate terribly today (we went out a lot due to it being vacation); however, I also exercised a lot!
36.gif
I also pretty much met my water goal.
4.gif
Hope everyone had a good Wednesday!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sarah - glad you are meeting your water goals - that''s definitely important for health
1.gif

FYI, for those interested in the intuitive eating concept, I found this website that seems to talk about a lot of the concepts and has some good links - definitely worth a look if you''re interested in this.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still not reaching my water goals, but there has been a definite improvement (I had 2 bottles today!).

My big news is that I actually went for a tour of a nearby gym. I am lucky and get an amount of money per year for fitness stuff through work, and I think that now is the time to do it!

I didn''t sign up yet, because I wanted to think about it. It is right around the corner and is just for women. Think I should go for it?!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 10:48:55 PM
Author: October2008bride
I''m still not reaching my water goals, but there has been a definite improvement (I had 2 bottles today!).

My big news is that I actually went for a tour of a nearby gym. I am lucky and get an amount of money per year for fitness stuff through work, and I think that now is the time to do it!

I didn''t sign up yet, because I wanted to think about it. It is right around the corner and is just for women. Think I should go for it?!
Usually, people say that you are more likely to go to a gym that you pass on your way home - that way you think about it more. If the hours of operation work for your schedule and you think it''s a fair price (meaning that it won''t be more than your allowance) then I say go for it. Do they offer classes or just the basic stuff?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 9:19:04 AM
Author: Stephanie
Usually, people say that you are more likely to go to a gym that you pass on your way home - that way you think about it more. If the hours of operation work for your schedule and you think it''s a fair price (meaning that it won''t be more than your allowance) then I say go for it. Do they offer classes or just the basic stuff?
They have a ton of classes and lots of machines etc. And massage chairs ;-) haha

I''m off for the summer, so I think it is a good time to make this change. It is on the way home and right across the street from my place, so I don''t have to reallyl go out of my way at all to go.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks AmberGretchen! And October I think that is awesome!!
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Should we start a new thread for the week? I know Gypsy is super busy right now. I just don''t want her to think I am trying to take over her role as leader. Any thoughts?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think Gypsy would think that! But it is already Thursday - maybe we should just hold out until Sunday/Monday?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sounds good to me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy definitely doesn''t think that. I''ve been a little under the weather, sorry. I agree with October, since I dropped the ball, lets just go till Monday. If it happens that I drop the ball again, please don''t worry about it, and post a new thread. I don''t consider myself the leader, although I am very sorry I didn''t start a new one this week.

My stomach''s been off. I thought it was something I ate on Tuesday, thought it was stress yesterday... but it started again after lunch today... so now I''m wondering if its a bug. Haven''t been eating much... I was good about water till today, having nausea issues and don''t really want to drink...but am taking slow sips.

Don''t know what I''ll have for dinner. Toast? I had toast for breakfast (just plain toast), got adventerous with a quesadilla (a small plain one) for lunch, immediately regretted that. So I''m thinking toast for dinner. With water. Yum.
40.gif
I may have a banana to replace some potassium, but even that may not go over well.

Didn''t go to work yesterday. By late afternoon felt a better decided to go look at a couple of alternate venues. One was too big (500 plus) one was too small (60) so I felt like goldilocks. John called Garre, got the catering manager to send us an email saying yes there will be a 2nd tasting, no we don''t know yet when, we''re working on it. I''m just posting this as an quick update.

My stomach is rolling again... so I''m heading off PS again. If you need anything, page me. I''ll lurk later. Otherwise, thank you to anyone who wrote anything in any of my threads... will response when feeling better. Sorry I''m absent.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy! I was wondering how the venue search went. I am sorry.
14.gif
Well, at least there will be a second tasting (hopefully soon). I am sorry you haven''t been feeling well! I think you''re on the right track trying to eat something blandish for dinner. I hope you feel better! And I think Sunday will be great. I was a bit worried when you didn''t start a new thread, thought you might be under the weather.
40.gif
((Hugs))!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results