shape
carat
color
clarity

5.4ct Purple Sapphire Ring by Leon Mege

StagandFinch

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness, this is a gorgeous sapphire!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your purple sapphire is SO Gorgeous. Could I be in your will?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I loved it when I saw it on LT and still love it on your hand! If I hadn't just bought my rosie, we would have had a battle Royale for it!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It has a gorgeous color play...from “grape jelly to fuchsia”. (So perfectly worded by @Rfisher )
I took quite a few pictures so let’s get this going…:mrgreen:

314DA838-FCFC-4EC5-AFF1-26EB4FF1D9E9.jpeg

4E9A0A82-CB7C-4B1E-8B63-292526484908.jpeg

D8FD72EC-9816-44B6-ACE4-BE81204DE8B3.jpeg

Trying to get a good picture of the elongated diamond sides.

FC349707-D989-45F2-93A4-27D4A92BF4CC.jpeg

This is the most beautiful ring on your hand. Somehow it is perfect for you. That “grape jelly to fuchsia“ color is magnificent. I love when things come together like this… enjoy your beautiful ring In good health!

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
It has a gorgeous color play...from “grape jelly to fuchsia”. (So perfectly worded by @Rfisher )

Oh that is beautiful. I personally like blue purples but this is stunning and so different.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! The color is really gorgeous :kiss2:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! What an amazingly beautiful ring! What a find and it looks beautiful on you.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Exquisite and so unusual. Can you believe its prior owner was walking around with that on her finger without sharing it to PS?? What other jewels could I be missing?? If this doesn't win JOTW, it's robbery.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It's absolutely gorgeous.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
That is mind blowing-ly gorgeous! From someone who adores sapphires and has way more than any single human should own I have MAJOR sapphire envy!!! Congratulations!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. :lol:

omg!!!!!!! i saw this and thought it was so gorgeous. really a one of a kind piece, i've never seen anything like this before. Plus it's a LM!! congrats!!!
Thank you so much. That’s exactly how I feel! :kiss2: I’ve seen a lot of purple sapphires but this one is special. And my first LM!

Oh it's gorgeous!!! That color...it's delicious! And an LM setting to boot, doesn't get much better. Congrats and enjoy it!
Thank you! I would have bought it regardless (that sapphire is yummy) but knowing it’s a LM makes it even more awesome. :mrgreen:

Wow! :kiss2: It is gorgeous and looks like it was meant to be on your hand. It’s stunning on you! Congratulations!
Thank you! :love: I certainly do enjoy wearing it. ;)2

This is gorgeous on you and meant for you! The purple is stunning and the setting is just perfection. You wear it well!
Thank you! :mrgreen:Considering that it was on LT for so many hours before I saw it, I have to believe it was meant to be. Plus, it’s my favorite shade of purple AND my ring size. A girl has to pay attention to all those signs. :lol:

Im trying to get over you without a halo! Just kidding, what a perfect ring. The color! But I am all a twitter over that setting. So beautiful
I know right?! But if I have to go without a halo, this is how I want to go. All that delightful finger coverage and a purple that just pops! Yes please… :love: The setting is gorgeous! It’s so perfectly done that it’s hard to believe that it’s hand forged. I’m very excited about it. Thank you!

It is stunning!!! I mean when it’s exactly your size it’s just meant to be right? Congrats and enjoy your new ring!
Yes!!! I don’t see 4.75’s pop up that often on LT. So when I see my perfect purple in an elongated cushion (my favorite shape) that also happens to be my size…um that baby’s going to be mine. :lol: Thank you!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, thats like straight grape juice! :kiss2: And that pink undertone looks perfect against your skin.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s delicious! Love the color, setting and the size is perfect! Love it on your pretty hand. Yup, you done good!!
Thank you! And thanks for the hand compliment. :kiss2:
It was definitely a lucky score for me.

The color is unreal! It looks so perfect on your hand. Congrats! :kiss2:
Thank you! It’s the perfect purple in my book! :mrgreen:

Congratulations on your wonderful find, Elle! That shade of purple-pink reminds a bit of some purple garnets. I also check Loupe Troop on a daily basis as well as CRD :)
Thank you! I am so lucky no one snagged it before me. I absolutely love that shade of purple. It is similar to a purple garnet I had before. While you could definitely see a difference, I think a purple garnet could be a much more cost friendly alternative. :mrgreen:

Ooh, I check CRD all the time too. I even check the sold page to see what I’ve missed and what beautiful rings have been custom ordered. :lol:

Exquisite proportion and curvature, he really is an artist. I'm so glad that you got it.
Thank you! :mrgreen: The setting is a work of art. I can’t Get over how well done it is. I’m feeling very lucky.

lol. Love it!

Damn I can’t get the GIF to work. It’s AMAZING. This is a gauche question but how much do you think that thing cost before?? Bc that price seems insanely good for an unheated sapphire in a Leon Mege!!!!
Thank you! Love the gif. :lol:

I wish I could say with 100% certainty what it cost before. The previous owner purchased it for about $12.5k, which still seems like a very reasonable price for an unheated 5ct sapphire with diamonds and the LM setting. I have been wondering if she used that “submit an offer” feature. The paperwork states “non refundable,“ which I know is one of the terms of said feature.…but I can’t be sure. So, basically, I don’t know. Lol.

I have been looking for a sapphire with a similar colour to this one! Congrats, it's super beautiful!

Thank you! :kiss2: It took me forever to find one in this color. Though
, TBH, I wasn’t actively looking so I probably could have found one much sooner. I wish you the best of luck in your search.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Hot DAMN, girl!! I love everything about this! What a score! You've lucked into some berrylicious sapphires lately!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG how did I miss this. PURPLicious!!!!! SWOON!!!!
So yummy I want to eat it!!!

Wear in good health and blingy joy!!!! It's glorious! :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love this! That colour is stunning!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love this so much! The color is scrumptious!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
WOW

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I get a notification, I get excited that maybe you posted more pics. Please do! Never enough!!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!!! This is seriously amazing!! Congratulations!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That purple is luscious! Congratulations on finding your dream purple sapphire!
Thank you! :love: It really is a dream piece for me…and just in time for Christmas!

I love it! And I love that it has just enough red to give it a unique "I am not an amethyst" color!
Thank you! :mrgreen: The color really is gorgeous. It’s those flashes of fuchsia that get me. Lol

Sensational!!
Thank you! :D

Oh my goodness, this is a gorgeous sapphire!
Thank you! I‘m super excited to call it mine. That purple! :love:

Your purple sapphire is SO Gorgeous. Could I be in your will?
Lol. Absolutely! Though you’ll probably have to fight my mom for it. :lol:

I loved it when I saw it on LT and still love it on your hand! If I hadn't just bought my rosie, we would have had a battle Royale for it!
In that case, I’m just going to be super grateful you bought your rosie. :lol::evil2:

This is the most beautiful ring on your hand. Somehow it is perfect for you. That “grape jelly to fuchsia“ color is magnificent. I love when things come together like this… enjoy your beautiful ring In good health!
Thank you so much! :kiss2: I absolutely adore elongated cushions and I can’t believe this practically fell into my lap. A 5ct purple cushion with cushion sides? The fates were smiling on me that day, that’s for sure.

Oh that is beautiful. I personally like blue purples but this is stunning and so different.
Thank you. I think blue purple is way more popular so you’re not alone in that. :D
I’m way more into the pinky purples and this one is purple perfection in my book. :love:

Beautiful ring! The color is really gorgeous :kiss2:
Thank you! I absolutely adore the color. I can’t stop staring at it with all those bright fuchsia flashes. :love:

Oh wow! What an amazingly beautiful ring! What a find and it looks beautiful on you.
Thank you! It was seriously the score of the decade for this girl. :mrgreen: I love it!!!

Exquisite and so unusual. Can you believe its prior owner was walking around with that on her finger without sharing it to PS?? What other jewels could I be missing?? If this doesn't win JOTW, it's robbery.
I know right?! Sometimes it makes me think just how many magnificent pieces are out there and we’ll never even know. :shock:

Thank you for the compliment. :love: Unfortunately, JOTW only pulls from the SMTB threads, not the CS threads. But it’s winning “Jewel of the Year” in my own personal playbook.:lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It's absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you! :kiss2:

this one? :)
Yep, that’s the one! :kiss2:

That is mind blowing-ly gorgeous! From someone who adores sapphires and has way more than any single human should own I have MAJOR sapphire envy!!! Congratulations!
Lol. Thank you! That’s a pretty serious compliment right there. Especially since I lust after so many of yours. :lol::love:

What a “juicy” gem, and gorgeous ring overall.
Thank you! :love: I can’t get over that purple color!

Oh wow, thats like straight grape juice! :kiss2: And that pink undertone looks perfect against your skin.
Thank you! :mrgreen:It is the perfect purple in my book!

Hot DAMN, girl!! I love everything about this! What a score! You've lucked into some berrylicious sapphires lately!
Thank you! :love: It really was a score and a half. I still can’t believe someone was willing to part with it and it’s now sitting on my finger. The fates have been kind to me (and, you know, @Rfisher , as she’s the one who sent the pink sapphire my way). :mrgreen:

Absolutely stunning ring!
Thank you! :kiss2:

OMG how did I miss this. PURPLicious!!!!! SWOON!!!!
So yummy I want to eat it!!!

Wear in good health and blingy joy!!!! It's glorious! :kiss2:
Thank you Missy! :love: I’ve been blessed by the bling gods. :lol:

Absolutely love this! That colour is stunning!
Thank you! :mrgreen:

I love this so much! The color is scrumptious!!
Thank you! It’s seriously my favorite shade of purple. All that fuchsia goodness. :love:

Thank you! :D

Every time I get a notification, I get excited that maybe you posted more pics. Please do! Never enough!!
Lol. I’ll try and get more pics up soon. :love:

Wow!!! This is seriously amazing!! Congratulations!
Thank you so much! It was definitely a lucky buy and I’m kinda obsessed with it. :love:

pandora bracelet

Rough_Rock
Trade
I check Loupe Troop every morning, like some people read the paper. You never know what your going to see on there. A pretty gem? A steal of a ring from one of your fellow PSers? A holy grail piece? You just never know. Well, one day last week I checked LT and what did my eyes behold? A stunning 5ct purple sapphire ring, designed by Leon Mege no less!

(Pic from LT)
CF98DA30-D276-43B6-84D4-D842990531DC.jpeg

You may not know this about me but I’ve been casually searching for the perfect purple sapphire for years! While I love purple, I‘m not really drawn to the blue purples that I usually see. I’m more into those pinky purples. The ones where the magenta colors come out to play. :kiss2: So you can bet your behind that when I saw this baby I jumped. I‘m pretty sure I’ve never emailed a seller so fast in my life. The next couple of hours consisted of me hitting the refresh button every 30 seconds, while actively pretending I could get my work done. o_O Of course, then I saw @Rfisher had posted this piece of fabulousness on the “somebody’s got to buy this” thread and I was instantly filled with panic. I didn’t want anyone else to see my precious and steal it for themselves. :errrr: Thankfully, the seller reached out to me pretty quickly and was happy to send over a couple videos. By that point, I was already sure I wanted it. I just wanted to make sure there weren’t any major issues so I had to be patient. Luckily for me, the ring was still available so I didn’t waste one more second. Now it’s mine, all mine! 5 carats of luscious purple goodness. :evil2:
I have been looking for a sapphire with a similar colour to this one! Congrats, it's super beautiful!

pandora bracelet

Rough_Rock
Trade
A steal of a ring from one of your fellow PSers? A holy grail piece? You just never know. Well, one day last week

NGL, still kicking myself for missing out on this! That's it. I'm never putting myself on a bling ban again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results