carat
color
clarity

4th Time's the charm? 4.06 H VS2 GIA XXX

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMG_0932 (002).jpg

I was engaged back in the year 2000! I wanted big, white, sparkly and had NO CLUE! I ended up with a 1.78 F, SI1 G/VG MRB with a big black inclusion on the table I lovingly referred to as my “speck”. I had a Tiffany style 6 prong knife edge setting. Somewhere along the way, I used an old setting of my mom’s that had baguettes and stuck with that for many years.

About 15 years after I got engaged, I wanted something blingier, showier and different. I got a 3.0 H VS2 cushion cut with a halo and tons of pave diamonds on the band. I loved it for approximately two weeks. I then decided while it was blingy, I missed the facets of a round stone and actually liked a simple setting better.

I changed the diamond to a 2.5 I VS1 XXX and purchased a CVB Acacia. I loved this ring. It was classy, the stone was beautiful, and I really could have lived with it forever.

But…. My 50th is coming up this year and my husband suggested we go for an upgrade. Who am I to say no??!!!

I will say that I went in feeling much more educated about what I wanted and the process was pretty easy! It was down to two stones – 4.06 H VS2 XXX H&A and 4.60 H SI1 XXX H&A. They were both beautiful. Everyone thought I should go for the 4.6. But I asked to see the loupe… The inclusions were black on the 4.6. That whole “mind clean” thing is real. I picked the 4.06 and wanted the diamond to be the star of the show. 22 years later, I’m back to a solitaire and I really think this is my forever stone

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Beautiful ring, and love that it was your husband's idea -- more pics please!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Beautiful ring, and love that it was your husband's idea -- more pics please!!

TY!!! I can't seem to get good shots! I need to work on them :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your upgrade! Love the simple solitaire setting to show off that diamond!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh good grief! I think I just fainted. I might have hit my head. That is an amazing upgrade!! Happy Birthday and congratulations… b u t . . . your username…. you might not be done yet :lol:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your additional photos! Happy 50th! Ring is Bling- tactic and It’s beautiful on your hand! Congrats!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh good grief! I think I just fainted. I might have hit my head. That is an amazing upgrade!! Happy Birthday and congratulations… b u t . . . your username…. you might not be done yet :lol:

I hope you're ok ;-) TY so much! I know! I might need to retire that username!!

bimo

Rough_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade! The ring looks amazing!!! I would love to see more hand pics!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary and upgrade! Keep the photos coming. What a beautiful ring.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hearing about people's journeys with their jewellery & the process & development they go through. And I absolutely love this ring - it's stunning, classy, huge & looks gorgeous on you!

Happy soon to be 50!

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
It’s gorgeous! Congratulations, and Happy Birthday!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your anniversary and upgrade! Keep the photos coming. What a beautiful ring.

TY! I'm sure I'll be taking many pics :)
I love hearing about people's journeys with their jewellery & the process & development they go through. And I absolutely love this ring - it's stunning, classy, huge & looks gorgeous on you!

Happy soon to be 50!

I love the stories too! And thanks on all!
It’s gorgeous! Congratulations, and Happy Birthday!!

Thank you!!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to report that I just LOVE this stone... I wouldn't want it to be any bigger, it sparkles like crazy and that faint blue florescence makes it whiter than white in the sun (who knew after all these years I like florescence!). I've been waiting for the diamond band to be made and should get it by Friday and I'll add more pics :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! I'm a fan of classic, timeless, clean-lined settings, especially when you have an amazing diamond like this one. Congrats on your long, happy marriage and your 50th b-day!! I"m looking forward to seeing your pics with your band!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I'm a fan of classic, timeless, clean-lined settings, especially when you have an amazing diamond like this one. Congrats on your long, happy marriage and your 50th b-day!! I"m looking forward to seeing your pics with your band!!

TY so much! That means a ton coming from someone with such an amazing collection :)

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s stunning - congratulations! Can’t wait to see the new band!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I'm blown away. Congrats on a serious upgrade, @upgradingmama . I guess you really did know all along. Can you post some shots from a distance? I love to get a little perspective on that glorious rock.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0932 (002).jpg

I was engaged back in the year 2000! I wanted big, white, sparkly and had NO CLUE! I ended up with a 1.78 F, SI1 G/VG MRB with a big black inclusion on the table I lovingly referred to as my “speck”. I had a Tiffany style 6 prong knife edge setting. Somewhere along the way, I used an old setting of my mom’s that had baguettes and stuck with that for many years.

About 15 years after I got engaged, I wanted something blingier, showier and different. I got a 3.0 H VS2 cushion cut with a halo and tons of pave diamonds on the band. I loved it for approximately two weeks. I then decided while it was blingy, I missed the facets of a round stone and actually liked a simple setting better.

I changed the diamond to a 2.5 I VS1 XXX and purchased a CVB Acacia. I loved this ring. It was classy, the stone was beautiful, and I really could have lived with it forever.

But…. My 50th is coming up this year and my husband suggested we go for an upgrade. Who am I to say no??!!!

I will say that I went in feeling much more educated about what I wanted and the process was pretty easy! It was down to two stones – 4.06 H VS2 XXX H&A and 4.60 H SI1 XXX H&A. They were both beautiful. Everyone thought I should go for the 4.6. But I asked to see the loupe… The inclusions were black on the 4.6. That whole “mind clean” thing is real. I picked the 4.06 and wanted the diamond to be the star of the show. 22 years later, I’m back to a solitaire and I really think this is my forever stone

So crisp and beautifully classic! Happy 50th!! The bands look gorgeous with it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results