shape
carat
color
clarity

4th Time's the charm? 4.06 H VS2 GIA XXX

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
IMG_0932 (002).jpg

I was engaged back in the year 2000! I wanted big, white, sparkly and had NO CLUE! I ended up with a 1.78 F, SI1 G/VG MRB with a big black inclusion on the table I lovingly referred to as my “speck”. I had a Tiffany style 6 prong knife edge setting. Somewhere along the way, I used an old setting of my mom’s that had baguettes and stuck with that for many years.

About 15 years after I got engaged, I wanted something blingier, showier and different. I got a 3.0 H VS2 cushion cut with a halo and tons of pave diamonds on the band. I loved it for approximately two weeks. I then decided while it was blingy, I missed the facets of a round stone and actually liked a simple setting better.

I changed the diamond to a 2.5 I VS1 XXX and purchased a CVB Acacia. I loved this ring. It was classy, the stone was beautiful, and I really could have lived with it forever.

But…. My 50th is coming up this year and my husband suggested we go for an upgrade. Who am I to say no??!!!

I will say that I went in feeling much more educated about what I wanted and the process was pretty easy! It was down to two stones – 4.06 H VS2 XXX H&A and 4.60 H SI1 XXX H&A. They were both beautiful. Everyone thought I should go for the 4.6. But I asked to see the loupe… The inclusions were black on the 4.6. That whole “mind clean” thing is real. I picked the 4.06 and wanted the diamond to be the star of the show. 22 years later, I’m back to a solitaire and I really think this is my forever stone

Beautiful ring! Hubby sounds like a real gem too

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Diamond band is in! Spacer or not?

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So amazingly beautiful! It looks so great on you.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I'm a fan of classic, timeless, clean-lined settings, especially when you have an amazing diamond like this one. Congrats on your long, happy marriage and your 50th b-day!! I"m looking forward to seeing your pics with your band!
So amazingly beautiful! It looks so great on you.

Ty!! Do you like the one diamond band or two bands??

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it with two bands :kiss2:. I love bands so I generally always go with stacks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous diamond! I totally would have picked that one, too! A SI1 just wouldn't be mind clean to me, especially in a larger stone! I think it is great with one or both bands! The fact that the beaded band is thinner makes it work well in the middle! Happy birthday and congrats on the amazing new ring!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous diamond! I totally would have picked that one, too! A SI1 just wouldn't be mind clean to me, especially in a larger stone! I think it is great with one or both bands! The fact that the beaded band is thinner makes it work well in the middle! Happy birthday and congrats on the amazing new ring!

That means a lot as I truly value your opinion! Thank you! I just love it. Here’s another picture because I can’t stop taking them 0E242857-E96C-4902-956B-7190BA6D2E17.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty...looks amazing on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results