shape
carat
color
clarity

4ct EC + August Vintage Concierge!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Sooo, I definitely never dreamed of owning a 4ct stone and it's been a bit of a bumpy road to get here (for which I primarily blame Pricescope -- too many enticing shiny options!!), but I just received this gorgeous EC from Jonathan over at August Vintage and had to share it here!

Some quick backstory - as some of you know from my thread in the preloved section, I originally wanted a cushion for my upgrade but I went about that purchase the wrong way :shifty: and had to put it up for sale. I thought I could be happy with just stacking bands, but after months of not having an e-ring I realized that definitely wasn't going to do it for me. In the meantime, I spent way too much time admiring all of the diamonds on here and kept coming back to all of the stunning emerald cuts. I was really lucky to get an unexpectedly big bonus this year, and so I started doing some searching and came across an EC that seemed like a really amazing value, all things considered. I presented my case to my husband and somehow got him to agree!!

4.02ct
H color
SI1
Depth: 66.3%
Table: 60%
Excellent polish
VG symmetry
Medium fluor
10.98 x 7.39 x 4.9
Approx. $35K

I had always planned to use @Rhino 's new concierge service if I ever got to upgrade again, and so I asked him if he could get this diamond and give me his complete assessment on cut, any clarity issues, color, and any fluor issues. Below is a link to the diamond and Jonathan's full review; all of his analysis was incredibly helpful, and it was especially important to get his opinion on the light performance. The ASET would have worried me on its own, but I know Jon has analyzed countless ECs, and I trusted his conclusion that this was a beautiful stone.

https://www.augustvintageinc.com/products/4-02ct-h-si1-emerald-cut-diamond

And I was not disappointed when the diamond arrived!! My first thought was this is AMAZING and it truly is; it is incredibly bright and lively, I love it in every lighting condition I've been in thus far, the fluor definitely makes it appear whiter than other GIA H diamonds I've seen, it is totally eyeclean, and it never gets that dark obstruction across the belly. I know that $35K is A LOT of money, but I definitely feel like I lucked out to get something at the 4ct mark for this price. And I hate paying for clarity and high color, I prefer the longer L:W ratios and skinny facets, and don't mind fluor at all. So in short, this EC is perfect for me and I'm really thankful for all of Jonathan's help -- especially during the crazy holiday season! Anyone looking for a fancy cut should definitely take advantage of all of Jon's expertise!!

Haven't had a chance to take very many pics yet and these aren't very good, but here are a few! (The stone holder is really, really high so these pictures make it look much bigger than it actually is - although I'm not complaining, it is big!)

IMG_7563.JPG IMG_7565.JPG IMG_7567.JPG

Oh yeah and p.s. that I still need to sell this cushion haha. In a perfect world I would get to keep both, so maybe if I get a good bonus next year.... :D:D

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/3-00ct-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-f-vs2

Last edited:

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lucky gal!!! Those step cuts have me drooling!! Can’t wait to see how you set that beauty!! :love:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
4.02ct
H color
SI1
10.98 x 7.39 x 4.9

WOW! Nice spread and performance! :cheeky:

(The stone holder is really, really high so these pictures make it look much bigger than it actually is - although I'm not complaining, it is big!)

So true! :bigsmile:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful stone! So pretty. Curious to see how you will set it. Jonathan's videos are great- and I really like that he is very thorough and helpful, at various price points!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful emerald cut diamond :love: and what a great price too.:appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so nice :))

And a great service from Rhino!

I can't wait to see it set!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a knock out!!
Welcome to the step cut club!!
I can’t wait to see what setting you will choose!!
Just, PLEASE, don’t bezel it!!! It’s gorgeous!!!
Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take profile shots, too?!?
*Drooling*

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gosh it's beautiful:love:, and a great price...how exciting for you! Looking forward to seeing it set!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Wowsers

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, what a great find! (that's my dream stone right there!) Congratulations!!!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Looks like an awesome find and you got a great price! Go Rhino!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA!!! what a perfect EC diamond... congratulations!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow... this is just beautiful!! And a really great price for a 4+ ct EC!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing stone!! I love beautiful EC’s and yours is stunning!
Any setting ideas?

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone!! @GlitterInMyHair @diamondseeker2006 @aac2013 @KiloSierra @Rad_Fan @elizat @missy @OoohShiny @Matthews1127 @junebug17 @Austina @Catmom @Wewechew @Rhino @KristyDarling @Emeraldsaremyfavorite @Tekate @msop04 @Acinom

I feel very lucky and would definitely appreciate any input on a setting. I have always been a solitaire person and that is my first inclination, but I also think ECs looks so great with delicate tapered baguettes or little traps, and I'm having a hard time visualizing what would look best with my stone and on my hand, since my hands are more on the short/stumpy side, haha. If I had long skinny fingers I think I would say solitaire for sure. And I've always been a huge rose gold person, but I'm not sure if that would look right with this EC?? So yeah - help!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a knock out!!
Welcome to the step cut club!!
I can’t wait to see what setting you will choose!!
Just, PLEASE, don’t bezel it!!! It’s gorgeous!!!
Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

Haha thank you -- and yeah, for sure no bezel! You are a great spokesperson for the step cut club and I always enjoy reading your posts! Will definitely take some profile pics soon.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
a few ideas
2_45_MVVS2_NLR17_2_3_B_l.jpg
82969255.jpg
Kwiat Ashoka Diamonds.jpg

Attachments

• harrywinston7.75ct.jpg
    harrywinston7.75ct.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Seriously incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kiss2: And astonished at the price (in a good way).

I personally like the third setting you posted with the three pave bands.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous stone! Jonathan knocked it out of the park with this one. I totally agree with you, it is the perfect combination of cost and specs. A rare find, indeed! So happy for you, SandyK! I hope it is a stone you will enjoy wearing forever and I am looking forward to seeing how you set it. I love an EC in a five stone with traps an bullets or baguettes but I don't think you could go wrong with anything with that gorgeous stone. It will be the star no matter what.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again! @LLJsmom @Indylady @Matilda @luv2sparkle

And thanks for the setting ideas, @Rad_Fan! :love: Gotta keep thinking about it, not sure how I'm going to decide. I guess I have a little bit of time though - I ate A LOT of ice cream while I was pregnant and I still have some baby weight to loose; I'm hoping the increase in finger size is not permanent haha...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results