shape
carat
color
clarity

4ct EC + August Vintage Concierge!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by SandyK, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Matthews1127
    Ideal_Rock

by Matthews1127 » Dec 30, 2018
    This is my dream setting for a 3+ct EC (if I am ever in a position to purchase one-not upgrade):

5FE81747-4304-45B7-8680-571FF682F0A2.jpeg

My perfect stats:
    12.0 x 8.0 x 5.2 ( l x w ratio: 1.50:1).
    https://www.diamdb.com/diamond/5ct-emerald-12x8x5.2/
    VVS Clarity
    F Color
    Ex/Ex Symm/Pol

Add some milgrain & bead set rounds to the shank (including the profile & prongs), and it’s ready to go on my finger!!
    *sigh* #RingGoals

lambskin, quaddio, VoldeNuit and 3 others like this.
  2. SandyK
    Shiny_Rock

by SandyK » Dec 30, 2018
    I LOVE this (and your perfect stats, haha) - I've always been a solitaire person but yeah for some reason I feel like I want something else for the EC, and tapered baguettes kind of combines the solitaire aesthetic with extra bling:dance:

Matthews1127 likes this.
  3. Matthews1127
    Ideal_Rock

by Matthews1127 » Dec 30, 2018
    The size of the center stone will steal the show. A trio setting will not detract from your beauty, and will enhance the flash from your finger!! I just love this sleek design! Can’t wait to see what you choose!!!! :kiss2:

SandyK likes this.
  4. Dmndsr4evr11
    Shiny_Rock

by Dmndsr4evr11 » Jan 4, 2019

So beautiful!!! I’ve always admired EC. Maybe when I grow up :) I’ll decide to give up MRB and make the leap to EC. Can’t wait to see your finished product. Congrats!!

SandyK likes this.
  5. tkyasx78
    Brilliant_Rock

by tkyasx78 » Jan 5, 2019
    What a beautiful diamond!!!! I hope you have many happy years wearing it and you smile every time you see it!

SandyK likes this.
  6. Keeliamira
    Shiny_Rock

by Keeliamira » Jan 6, 2019
    Oh my goodness @SandyK! I’m only just seeing your thread now! Super huge congrats on finding such a gorgeous unicorn of a stone! (And congrats on the bonus!) I know it’s been a bumpy road to get here and I’m so very happy for you! I can’t wait to see the finished ring! And baby weight...it will come and go over the years. I finally squared with having a bit of an e-ring muffin top, lol. Life will do that to you...thank god rings are sizeable! Wear it in good health, happiness, and success dear!

SandyK likes this.
  7. lambskin
    Brilliant_Rock

by lambskin » Jan 7, 2019
    A three stone baguette set in platinum is my dream EC ring. Just like the one cited by Matthews1127 above. But I would do a claw or a graceful prong so you can see the corners of the stone. BTW, Rhino's video was really informative.

SandyK likes this.
  8. arkieb1
    Ideal_Rock

by arkieb1 » Jan 7, 2019
    Beautiful stone, can't wait to see it set!!!

SandyK likes this.
  9. SandyK
    Shiny_Rock

Keeliamira likes this.
  10. OoohShiny
    Ideal_Rock

by OoohShiny » Jan 19, 2019 at 4:54 PM
    Hey Sandy (I feel like I'm in Grease saying that! :D lol)

I see this amazing rock is up for sale with Rhino:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsyksI7HH-V/

Was the call of smaller/whiter too strong?! :)

SandyK likes this.
  11. SandyK
    Shiny_Rock

by SandyK » Jan 20, 2019 at 10:46 AM
    Haha Grease is one of the best movies ever!

And yeah ugh -- I swear that one of these days I will finally make up my mind! For me I've decided I would feel more comfortable if the stone was a little smaller and I think I like the icy white colors better in an EC (whereas I'm totally happy with other colors in round and cushion shapes, for some reason).

...and I also still really love cushion cut stones and I've debated pulling the cushion I have listed with Grace (which would also be a lot cheaper), but yeah for now I figured it made sense to see if anyone was looking for a crazy deal on a 4ct stone. And then cross my fingers that I don't end up wanting the bigger stone after a couple years, lol.

OoohShiny likes this.