shape
carat
color
clarity

4 carat custom cut Canera European Round in an Emilya halo

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Just reading this for the first time. I would never have guessed a J color! What color and size are the halo stones and if different, the stones on the band itself? I don't know if I would have the guts to take on a custom cut project like you did, but yours turned out absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!

Thanks Mikla! No one suspects it's a J! It looks as white as my G asscher in most lights. It does pick up more warmth than my asscher in my house, but I think it is just reflecting more of the environment. I have seriously never seen a diamond reflect colors or sparkle like this one! I don't know the exact size or color of the halo or band stones. Victor used warmer single cuts to not give any contrast with the center stone.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness someone else posted on this so it bumped up to the top of the forum--so I could see it! Very fun story to read, and MY, that ring!! Easily one of the most gorgeous pieces I've ever seen!

Any sunshine over in the Lone Star State yet? (Hint hint: more pictures? ;-)

Thanks Hayley! Funny you mention the sunshine today...It was sunny up until tonight and the rain starts tomorrow. I will try for more pictures soon. Promise. I find it very hard to get decent pictures of any of my pieces.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous stone and setting!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you got what you wanted in the end!!! It's a gorgeous stone and ring, congrats!!!

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: 4 carat custom cut Canera European Round in an Emilya ha

Now on to my pictures and the hand shots! Let me start off by saying that clearly my house was not designed to showcase jewelry. Dallas is having a run of cold and unfavorable weather. So please excuse all the shadow pictures and the creamy tones on my CER! Nothing like a fancy new ring to make you realize how low light and drab your surroundings are!

cer_on_hand.jpg

cer_brown_sleeve.jpg

Do women nowadays wear their rings on opposite hands? I tend to prefer my band on left hand. Eternity with engagement ring makes it harder to focus on big stone for me and distracts from it.

teslagirl1234

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Do women nowadays wear their rings on opposite hands? I tend to prefer my band on left hand. Eternity with engagement ring makes it harder to focus on big stone for me and distracts from it.

Gorgeous stone by the way and ring! I think I might want a halo now. :)

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so glad someone bumped this up because I had not read this thread and I absolutely loved reading about this journey and the drop dead gorgeous ring that came from it!

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
So stunning, @poshmommy! You have lovely taste and the ring is beautiful.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us too.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tand*m, GearGirly, and lambogirl1111!

I'm loving the ring still! It makes me happy to see it.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

I only started wearing my wedding band and engagement rings on different hands when I got this ring. I didn't want to put a spacer with it right now and I don't want the pave on the donut to wear down the wedding band. I took my original asscher set to my appraiser and he said both rings are showing mild wear from rubbing on each other for 14-15 years. Now I wear that set separated as well. I am definitely in the minority. I don't like it better per say, but it doesn't really bother me. No one notices really.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is to die for @poshmommy. Do you still have the specs for the stone like crown angle and lower girdle facets? I love your stones pattern!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful ring it's so fun to look at :)

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Re: 4 carat custom cut Canera European Round in an Emilya ha

Now on to my pictures and the hand shots! Let me start off by saying that clearly my house was not designed to showcase jewelry. Dallas is having a run of cold and unfavorable weather. So please excuse all the shadow pictures and the creamy tones on my CER! Nothing like a fancy new ring to make you realize how low light and drab your surroundings are!

cer_on_hand.jpg

cer_brown_sleeve.jpg

WOW! Makes me think I should have had him do mine. It’s spectacular!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results