shape
carat
color
clarity

4.63tcw Moi et Toi CAD suggestions

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
I am working with David Klass on a moi et toi project. The inspiration is this

My OEC's are 2.22 and 2.41. Here is the prelim cad. I love the curve of the shank to the diamonds on Grace's but I want to be able to wear my wedding band with it. I don't need a flush fit, I like them sort of loosey goosey on my fingers. Any comments or revisions? It will be 18k yellow gold.

_1352.png

_5409.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looooove a moi et toi. I think about them often lol.

I feel like the donut in the baskets is very small. Makes the head look a bit cartoonishly off large. But if you want to flush fit then I suppose they would need to be small

The baskets don't look too vintage. He's recently done a ring with antique looking baskets I might swap into this design. Getting photos ...

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Niel! I initially chose that style of basket with the goal of allowing my wedding band to get close without pushing the moi et toi up towards my knuckle if that makes sense. I don't like flush fit, however I don't want it more than like 2-3mm away. But seeing it, I agree, the basket doesn't feel vintage enough so I want to have them swapped. I just worry that having them changed to a larger donut/basket will prevent my wedding band fro being worn with it. :think: I never take my wedding band off so maybe a moi et toi just don't work and I should do a big blingy 3 or 4 stone. In any case, the link you shared is almost an identical basket that I found on a 4 stone ring that I just love (and I"m thinking about having this ring made, too LOL) so I do feel that would be the right style.

image__1_1.png

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
Hey Niel here is the next round. I feel like the top stone should be raised up and the shoulders of the shank flared out instead of curved in. What do you think? Although as is, it will allow me to stack my wedding band. I just fear they look too side by side. I like the more dramatic diagonal. Change it?

_5649.jpeg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Commenting to follow! I love Grace's moi et toi, and the gal on Gem Gossip has a beauty as well. Can't wait to see yours!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunfish|1472960436|4073085 said:
Hey Niel here is the next round. I feel like the top stone should be raised up and the shoulders of the shank flared out instead of curved in. What do you think? Although as is, it will allow me to stack my wedding band. I just fear they look too side by side. I like the more dramatic diagonal. Change it?

I agree , flush set bands are overrated and after all this is a two stone ring, I think the alight asymmetry would "go" with a bit of a gap in the wedding band . Love the change in heads!

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock
Like this I'm thinking. It's the original cad that I flipped but I prefer the shank like this I think. Pearaffair oh yes, Danielle of Gem Gossip's moi et Toi is exactly what I'm going for now that I've gotten deeper into the design process. I have long admired hers!

_1399.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I like that !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results