shape
carat
color
clarity

4.6 ct concave cut Brandberg amethyst

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lula, Annette and IB. I hope my thread will encourage others to post different types of gems. It's not about how expensive a gem is but how beautiful it is.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
GORJUS!!!! Absolutely stunning material - you've done it again Chrono :))
Hmmm... so how serious are you about setting this?

I've been doing some looking, just came back to the thread and find it's a couple of months old. So would it jump the queue if the right setting came along?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, that's a really beautiful Amethyst.
I found these beauties by a British jeweller and I love this colour combination. The tsavorites and yellow diamonds are perfect colour companions for the amethyst.

_13154.jpg

_13155.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Gaaaah.... *gulp, drrroooool, sigh*

But I was thinking the same thing, so I hear ya and I'll raise you three... rubies (or maybe mahenges? :naughty: ), rubies and sapphires, and yellow diamonds, (my sloppy paint job).

WHAT "British Jeweller" please ????!!!!!! You can't just casually throw that in with those STUNNING creations and not name the culprit. I'll be muttering "those earrings, those earrrings are mine!".

c-amy-trill-adzia.png

amethyst-pave-idea-centoventuno.jpg

middleton_s-amethyst-ruby-pinksapp-ring.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it would make a fantastic cocktail ring! :love:

I would bezel set it with a diamond halo on a wide band if it was mine.

DK :))

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Starzin|1388307962|3582384 said:
Gaaaah.... *gulp, drrroooool, sigh*

But I was thinking the same thing, so I hear ya and I'll raise you three... rubies (or maybe mahenges? :naughty: ), rubies and sapphires, and yellow diamonds, (my sloppy paint job).

WHAT "British Jeweller" please ????!!!!!! You can't just casually throw that in with those STUNNING creations and not name the culprit. I'll be muttering "those earrings, those earrrings are mine

Here you go Starzin.
Emily H london is the jewellery designer. The website isn't that wonderful because there's not enough pieces to view.
emilyhlondon.co.uk

(sorry couldn't get the link to work) :oops:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely lovely!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin,
This is one of those stones that will sit around until the right one pops out. I am not actively looking or thinking about a ring / pendant design but it would definitely jump the queue if the right setting comes along.

KLewis,
Good to see you back again and thanks for the recommendation of the bench. Her work is truly bespoke; I want to eat those aubergines!

Thank you all for the kind words on the amethyst. I did not expect it to pop back up since it is a few months old.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Klewis - thanks for the link - lovely to see her other work :)

Okaaaay then. I wasn't intending to get caught up in this but I looked at your "gems from Chrono's mines" thread and as I scrolled down, I went from the mahenge trillions to this amethyst and thought "Whoa!!!". So I was immediately thinking multicoloured setting for this stone.

You already have a stunning trillion, split shank, no pave ring so I definitely think it's time for some...
coloured ba-ba-ba-bling!!!

So I thought a bit and looked a bit and want to commit these to the thread - just in case :Up_to_something:

The amy presents it's own problems in that a 12x7 on your 4.5 finger doesn't give a lot of real estate to play with. Soooo if you can't go out (halos etc) you need to go UP or DOWN.

Here are a couple that I feel have real potential and - you've got that multicoloured itch Chrono, you know you have :Up_to_something: - it doesn't need to enter cocktail ring land if it's done well.

The first one is from Blooming Beauty Rings. They do this flower ring and a Lotus ring both with many slightly different petal styles. I don't think you'll have space for them all, but I do see the amy set sideways (i.e point to side not top) allowing three leaves of the back scalloped type to surround the three sides of the amy.My graphics aren't up to doing a show and tell here, you'll have to use your imagination.

They have a video of the ring in yellow gold - scroll down on this page.

To be continued...

c-amy-bbrx2.png

c-upright-bbr.png

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to say the inside of the petals on the ring above should, of course, be coloured.

The second option is to style the prongs with melee and this is my front runner for doing that. It's by Michael John Jewelry but I found it on JCKmarketplace. The MJJ link is there but the ring is not featured on their artsy-fartsy "let us show you everything in the order we want rather than what you are looking for" s-l-o-w-ly, website.

However, if you were to do this I would suggest lime rather than the dark green tsavs as I think they would compete a little with the amethyst. And yellow sapphires instead of diamonds

To be continued...

c-tsav-leaf-prongsx2.png

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
The third option is to go down - the gallery. I think these speak for themselves.

c-pave-scrolls-ringsx2-1.png

trillon-dia-semimountsx2.png

multicol-melee-choices-2.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the first two; the flower petals and coloured halo prong. :love: What fun and yes, I seem to be in the multicoloured stone ring zone lately. Can you imagine chrysoberyl melees? :lickout:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaaay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I absolutely can see chrysoberyls because it's exactly what I was thinking! Spring green leaves on the prongs with yellow sapphire (or yellow diamond) melee. Yummm. I wish there were more views but you could always email MJJ and ask for more pics.

I think the sweep in front would be on the other side too. Also note that the green goes under the yellow sweep - you can just see it if you look at the bottom of the front prong.

So are we jumping the queue yet? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results